I heard it was an OP build.

But I always seem to fail at it. My Rabid Engi does way better pressure with it

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

well celestial I find is more power focused and requires more attention to burst rotations rather then when your conditions where you would just stack all the conditions and watch them melt, aside from the top of my head not much difference between the 2 builds in terms of survivability.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Additionally, “OP” in this game means “Decent if you’re relatively skilled”.

Incidentally, “meta” essentially means “builds that have been proven to play well at the highest level”. Rather than “the only good build” as people tend to take it to mean.

Balance is actually pretty tight, in my opinion.

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

• The most important thing is to land your Overcharge Shot! If you hit those, you win!
  • Learn some combos! A basic damage combo is Magnet > Prybar > Overcharge Shot > Throw Wrench > Net Shot > Grenade Barrage!
  • Land your Overcharge Shot!
  • If you play PvP, don’t stand on point unless you have to! You’re not that durable when focused!
  • Did I mention you need to land your Overcharge Shot!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

If you can’t muster the damage rotations that Backpack covers in THIS video then the build probably isn’t for you.

I do use a slight variant for WvW HERE but TBH, the rotations.. well… the same :P

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

The build is considered “OP” because it’s damage comes from one combo that if landed correctly does a LOT of damage. If you look at two rifle celestial engineers fight you might see them go through several rotations without their hp dropping a lot, then the better engie will hit the damage rotation perfectly and it will look like a blowout win for them.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

• The most important thing is to land your Overcharge Shot! If you hit those, you win!
  • Land your Overcharge Shot!
  • Did I mention you need to land your Overcharge Shot!

Just to make sure its clear, land your Overcharge Shot.

this video explains alot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsX2frBkYfw

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm, nice info here as I’m doing a little pvp (yay profession dailies! Don’t kill me!)

Just some Qs:
— The way I understand, I really shouldn’t be defending a point because engis don’t really have stab and all that jazz. So what should happen if I’m the only one near a point and some d/d ele comes and starts crapping up the point with that fire field while chasing me with drake’s breath? My first idea would be to knock/pull them away but it’s not always successful.

—Elixir S is a great skill, but I note that it will not contribute to point defense/captures; is this actually an issue?

— Is jump shot a legit gap closer? I guess I could use it to jump across various ledges.

— How do you not instantly die when a necro shows up? Every time a necro is on the other team, my chances of winning go down into the toilet. Everything else I can at least buy time for my team, but the necro just renders me ineffective. I get that necros beat engis 1v1, but they just fear me and my health just plummets even in a team situation. And as for power necros, they are easy to fight, but they will resort to lich form which seems to warrant me running away.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

Hmm, nice info here as I’m doing a little pvp (yay profession dailies! Don’t kill me!)

Just some Qs:
— The way I understand, I really shouldn’t be defending a point because engis don’t really have stab and all that jazz. So what should happen if I’m the only one near a point and some d/d ele comes and starts crapping up the point with that fire field while chasing me with drake’s breath? My first idea would be to knock/pull them away but it’s not always successful.

—Elixir S is a great skill, but I note that it will not contribute to point defense/captures; is this actually an issue?

— Is jump shot a legit gap closer? I guess I could use it to jump across various ledges.

— How do you not instantly die when a necro shows up? Every time a necro is on the other team, my chances of winning go down into the toilet. Everything else I can at least buy time for my team, but the necro just renders me ineffective. I get that necros beat engis 1v1, but they just fear me and my health just plummets even in a team situation. And as for power necros, they are easy to fight, but they will resort to lich form which seems to warrant me running away.

1) ur point defence comes from damage pressure – u can solo burst someone off the point realy quick+knock, pull, crate if u need. but no way u should stay under heavy pressure preventing point cast (unless help is comin)

2) not an issue at all – its timers wouldnt allow to make it neutral or capture it fully. but it will allow u to be alive and continue fight after invul/stealth.

3) yep, why not

4) lich – kite, hide, invul, block.
condi – manage healing turret cleanese cd (dont blow up turret), equip and use EG, pray

(edited by Dimes.6024)

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

Thanks. A BAD habit of mine throughout all game modes is that I auto-explode the turret after the water field without remembering you can pick it up, even when I was told that simply picking it up would yield more condi removal. That’s just something I have to think about.

As for crate. It’s definitely powerful and I try not to use that in 1v1s unless it’s clear I can’t do anything. I was also wondering about say a scenario where you are going to a point and a thief/warrior combo comes to you. Is it worth engaging them with crate and stall until help arrives, or is me dying and using up the crate just not worth it? Assuming this is a losing fight.

Also, it would seem you get a lot of points by simply decapping points or reviving allies.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

i think there is no problem in crating while it allows u to win necros use lich form, eles summon elementals, mesmers moa, etc… engi just dont have 45 second cd elite like thiefs or warriors

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Certain classes you will want to engage or stall for. Thieves and warriors can be beaten by engineers and stalled, also guardians and other engineers you should feel confident fighting. I wouldn’t engage vs an ele 1v1 because the fight will last a long time and you’ll waste time helping your team elsewhere.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Just some Qs:

• You can defend a point in a 1v1! Engis are a really good 1v1 class! You should definitely be able to hold your own against a DD Ele! The majority of Ele damage comes from burning and Burning Speed! Time your Healing Turret for when you get burn bombed, and dodge Burning Speed, Earthquake, and Fire Grab! All their other skills don’t hit hard at all! A good time to use Tool Kit is when you see them swap to fire! It’s pretty much guaranteed they’re going to use Drake’s Breath or Burning Speed as soon as you see the attunement swap! Swap to Tool Kit so you have the Gear Shield ready! Also land your Prybars! DD Eles don’t stop spamming skills because of the way their heal works! Confusion really hurts them!
  • Defensively, Elixir S is great for securing stomps, reviving, and for disengaging! You can use it offensively for a stealth pull or some other kind of stealth opener! The fact that it doesn’t hold the cap isn’t really a problem! If you’re being overwhelmed, you should leave the point and Toss Elixir S is one of the best disengage skills the Engi has! However lots of Engis have swapped to Slick Shoes because of the really short stunbreak cooldown and the ability itself is a great defensive utility (especially against Thieves) as well as an offensive stunlock! Also the stomping aspect of Elixir S is somewhat negated because cele Engi is one of the best down body cleaving builds in the game!
  • Jump Shot is a very good gap closer! To get the full damage of Jump Shot, you need to hit them when you take off and when you land! The animation and wind up are too long to be able to reliably use it to its max potential! However, the landing does double the damage so if you hit your landing, you can count that as a successful Jump Shot! Also don’t forget it’s a leap finisher so you can use it with Regenerating Mist/Healing Turret to recover some health, use it inside your Poison Grenade to proc weakness, which is amazing btw, or use it inside an Ele/Warrior fire field to stack more might and burning!
  • Cele Engis do better against condi Necromancers than condi Engis can! But it’s still an extremely rough fight! If you can, kill their Flesh Worm! Then they will be helplessly trapped by your Slick Shoes and you can try to burst them down! Most Necromancers run Carrion Amulet so they don’t have a lot of armor! Land Grenade Barrage and Prybar for loads of damage! You’ll want to absolutely dodge their Dark Path or else it will remove your might stacks and you’ll do pretty bad damage! Also dodge their condi transfers but staff marks are pretty OP so good luck! I’d say try dueling some Necromancers to get a feel for it!

Hope that helped! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

Those were all very useful replies. Thanks to all the frands here, indeed. =p

How do I Cele engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Intel sigil also does wonders against necromancers while doom is more useful to other cele builds.