How do equipped weapons affect kits?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArcticWillow.2758

ArcticWillow.2758

Q:

Hello!

I’m a relatively new engineer, and even though I looked quite a few pages back I didn’t find anything that seemed to address my question. How do equipped weapons affect kits?

- Is there a difference between having a rare rifle and an exotic rifle after I equip a kit (does the rarity level of the equipped weapon affect the damage or other effeciveness of the kit)?

- Sigils will affect kits right? A rifle carries one sigil, but two pistols or a pistol and a shield carry two. Do both sigils affect the kit?

Thanks!

in Engineer

Posted by: BardaTheHobo.9752

BardaTheHobo.9752

A:

1) The weapon damage difference from rare to exotic will not affect the kits damage, however the stats (vitality, precision, etc.) will be different between a rare and a exotic and those stats stay.
2) Yes both sigils will work, also the sigils like + 3 stacks of might on weapon swap will work with swapping from weapon to kit as well.

Edit:
Here are the two patch notes from january talking about it:

• Weapons now continue to grant bonus stats while bundles are equipped.
  • Bundles from player skills (engineer kits, elementalist conjured weapons, warrior banners) now have base damage that is consistent with the highest rarity weapons available at the level of the player.
Dextarr Thunderfuse – Charr Engineer
Rragar Ragehammer – Charr Warrior
Achilles Adrastos – Human Warrior

(edited by BardaTheHobo.9752)

in Engineer

Posted by: ArcticWillow.2758

ArcticWillow.2758

Excellent, thanks! I knew I remembered something in patch notes, but I couldn’t find it.

That second patch note is confusing. I first read it as kits would have the best base damage available to my character (based on rarity of equipped weapon) but it’s actually saying that it’s the best base damage available to ANY character at that level(so not based on equipped weapon). I’m not sure I’m explaining that well.

Thanks again!

in Engineer

Posted by: BardaTheHobo.9752

BardaTheHobo.9752

Excellent, thanks! I knew I remembered something in patch notes, but I couldn’t find it.

That second patch note is confusing. I first read it as kits would have the best base damage available to my character (based on rarity of equipped weapon) but it’s actually saying that it’s the best base damage available to ANY character at that level(so not based on equipped weapon). I’m not sure I’m explaining that well.

Thanks again!

Yeah there has been lots of gripe about the non-clearness of the patch note. From what I understand, basically it does not matter what you have equipped the base damage on the kit will be the same.

Dextarr Thunderfuse – Charr Engineer
Rragar Ragehammer – Charr Warrior
Achilles Adrastos – Human Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: AuRiley.5287

AuRiley.5287

• Weapons now continue to grant bonus stats while bundles are equipped.
  • Bundles from player skills (engineer kits, elementalist conjured weapons, warrior banners) now have base damage that is consistent with the highest rarity weapons available at the level of the player.

I had always assumed that when it’s said ‘bonus stats’, it refers to the secondary attributes such as Critical Damage, Critical Chance, and Condition Damage.

I can’t say for sure, but I’m fairly certain that my power and precision does not carry over 100% to my kits when I use them.

Aldonargo – Lvl.80 Asura Engineer [Anvil Rock]

in Engineer

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

I can’t say for sure, but I’m fairly certain that my power and precision does not carry over 100% to my kits when I use them.

They should carry over (now). Weapon strength won’t, though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

One thing to keep in mind though, is that even though you can swap weapon kits like crazy, pretty much every “on weapon swap” sigil has an internal cooldown, around ten seconds I think (check the wiki’s discussion page for your sigil of choice), so even if you swap kits every half second, you’ll only get one stack of whatever the sigil does per ten seconds.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Xinterp.5368

Xinterp.5368

Simply put, Kits will always, ALWAYS be weaker than an actual weapon. Why? Because they are coded wrong. Simply put the attack stat is not as powerful. Every other stat carries over, but it still gives the same result when you put on a kit. It doesn’t matter if you are P/S ing, P/P ing, or R ing. Your stats when using a kit will be lower. Check the image if you don’t believe me. I just checked every kit. I may not be wearing the best gear, but when every kit comes up with a lower ATTACK than my weapon does (which makes no sense if the kits are based on the actual “best obtainable weapon” stats), my current Attack Stat loss is 236. When I equip a kit, I lose 236 Attack. All of my other stats stay the same, just not my kit’s…

Hope this helped.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

That may well be true, and maybe that’s a problem, but maybe it isn’t. Stats are just modifiers. They modify the damage of a given attack. If the developers are aware that equipping kits lowers your core attack values, then they might raise the default attack strength of the skills themselves to compensate. We have no way of knowing whether they’ve done this or not, but just because a kit lowers your base stats, don’t assume that it means that the attacks deal less damage. Try them out and see whether the damage output works for you.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

All kits have attack power equals to the 80 Exo pistol (at 80)
Not rifle, not two pistols - just one single Exo Pistol.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Engineer

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

All kits have attack power equals to the 80 Exo pistol (at 80)
Not rifle, not two pistols – just one single Exo Pistol.

This is not entirely accurate. Two 1h weapons don’t use the sum of their weapon strength. Kit skills do use the same weapon strength as e.g. P/P. It doesn’t matter though, because each skill has its own damage coefficient anyway. They balanced damage as a whole, not every single individual stat on its own.