How does Fumigate's condition cleansing work?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

I’ve been using the Elixir Gun for WvW group play lately and I have a few questions about the Fumigate skill. According to the wiki, Fumigate removes one condition per tick (5 total) from allies in the cone of effect, so…

1.) What is the max number of allies that can be cleansed of a condition per tick, assuming they’re in the cone of effect?

2.) If one ally has 5 conditions on him/her, can Fumigate cleanse them all if that ally is in the cone of effect for all 5 ticks?

3.) Does the cone of effect have to hit enemies in order for the cleansing to work, or can you just aim it at allies to cleanse them without any enemies nearby?

4.) Do you have to be in combat to cleanse allies?

Thanks in advance! Any comments about Fumigate that I didn’t mention are also much appreciated.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in Engineer

Posted by: Ron Cordova.9824

Ron Cordova.9824

1) 5

2) Yes

3) No

4) No

in Engineer

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

1.) 5 per tick and it works like FT in that it can cleanse up to 25 allies but not everyone will get the full cleanse
2.) So long as no new conditions are applied and there are less than 5allies in the cone, yes
3.)no, you can just aim it at allies and cleanse them
4.)no

a note about fumigate, its an amazing counter to ele’s eather renewl heal, as it will keep poison on for half the duration of the heal and cover every condition on it for the 5 ticks, paired with poision dart volley, the ele will have no conitions removed and have the reduced heal.

in Engineer

Posted by: Fynx.6892

Fynx.6892

Hello!

The Elixer Gun is an awesome kit for WvW, my personal favorite. To answer your questions:

1: It’s one condition removed per tick, per player, with a maximum of 5 targets. So without enemies to hit, a maximum of 25 conditions will be removed.

2: Yes. Provided there are 4 or less other targets within the cone to hit at that time. (AoE cap of 5 is shared between friendlies and enemies, I believe)

3. No, like a heal, it will simply hit the friendly players. There does not need to be an enemy target.

4: Not 100% sure, but I believe being in combat is not a requirement.

Do correct me if I’m wrong somewhere, but these are my findings.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Everyone here has stated that it affects 5 allies, but cone abilities in this game are often limited to 3. Just throwing that out there for those who are testing.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

What I’m curious about is… If you somehow have 6+ allies in the area-of-effect, but only 5 (or 3 if Chaith’s theory is correct) actually have conditions, will it prioritize those and still remove the conditions, or could it potentially be wasted by triggering on a healthy ally?

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ron Cordova.9824

Ron Cordova.9824

It will affect allies with conditions first

in Engineer

Posted by: Goaticus.2409

Goaticus.2409

What is the build you are using for the EG? I have been wanting to implement it but am about as adept at making a build as a drunken octopus is at driving. All I can really gather is that it helps to have some condi damage.