How is medical dispersion field a GM?

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

If you’re running this trait, chances are (and by chance I mean 1000000% sure you are running) inventions. This pretty much means you will be having regeneration boons on you almost all the time which procs this GM trait pretty much 99% of the time.

Normally people exaggerate about a trait being the worst in the game but this is in fact the worst, most useless trait in the game.

Here’s the trait so you don’t have to look it up:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Medical_Dispersion_Field

A percentage of healing you receive is shared with your allies.
Healing: 12%
Radius: 240
ICD: 5s

Even if it didn’t work off regeneration that still makes it a terrible GM. Your strongest self heal is A.E.D. for about 14,000 (with healing power) and proccing this GM will heal allies for 1680 for a total HPS of 42 (because at this point it is limited by A.E.D.’s CD).

But when it does proc off regeneration it is usually about 350 ticks so that means you will be healing allies for 42 every 5 seconds for a total HPS of around 8.

EIGHT HEALING PER SECOND WITH HIGH HEALING POWER. This is definitely grandmaster worthy…

There are plenty of better alternatives than this trait. In fact, just removing the ICD and bumping up the healing % a tiny bit is good enough. These don’t even require huge overhauls.

Some simple, almost accurate math using high healing power (numbers are probably a bit lower than they should be):

What if the healing was 15% with no ICD?

Regeneration would proc for 52 every second

Healing turret heals an additional 1050 around you to allies every 15-20 seconds

Using my own build I can get at most 2,000 healing per second for like 4 seconds. With this GM that’s 300 extra healing per second for those 4 seconds in which it tapers off significantly afterwards. Even then that’s still less than the old trait for elixir bombs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Definetly overpowered and a worthy replacement of Elixir Infused Bombs

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Has been discussed to death, all the healing/support abilities added to Engineer to replace EIB’s are terrible, MDF is not even a worthy T1 minor trait. It’s just plain bad and how it ever got by play testing is mystifying.

The healing kit and MDF is a clear sign that whoever the dev is responsible for Engineer doesnt play the class at any sort of proficient level. In fact id almost argue he/she doesnt have a basic concept of how the game as a whole plays.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

Posted by: NiBlack.3149

NiBlack.3149

I have not tested it, but devs stated that regen don’t activate it (but they didn’t say anything about regenerator backpack, soothing mist or guardian regen that probably DO activate it).
Still it is probably one of the worst trait available (well the whole line is kidna bad for healing purposes)

in Engineer

Posted by: remnant.2485

remnant.2485

I have not tested it, but devs stated that regen don’t activate it (but they didn’t say anything about regenerator backpack, soothing mist or guardian regen that probably DO activate it).
Still it is probably one of the worst trait available (well the whole line is kidna bad for healing purposes)

How the new content feels to me:

I have a swiss army knife. Anet says to me, “Hey, we’re going to give you some new stuff! It will be awesome!” Anet takes my swiss army knife and smashes it with a rock. Anet gives me a spork from taco bell, a butter knife, and a rusty oversized can opener.

I have new stuff though!

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

GM and below status doesn’t matter anymore, its about competing traits.

Although yes it doesn’t make sense.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mord.9237

Mord.9237

How the new content feels to me:

I have a swiss army knife. Anet says to me, “Hey, we’re going to give you some new stuff! It will be awesome!” Anet takes my swiss army knife and smashes it with a rock. Anet gives me a used spork from taco bell, a butter knife, and a rusty oversized can opener.

I have new stuff though!

Fixed it for ya! I totally agree, I have been away for awhile, but I had fond memories of my Engi, I felt extremely powerful. I returned literally june 24th to find a new trait system and a completely “meh” feeling class all around. FeelsBadMan. I’ll still continue to play it, besides thief which is also fairly underwhelming right now besides their 1 build option(but that’s another forum), Engi is the only class I can enjoy, rusty oversized can opener or not, I’ll continue Yoda flipping around on my Asuran Engi and pooping out bombs.

As for MDF, it’s insaaaane that this is a GM trait.
Engi: “You guys want me for WvW? I gots group heals”
Guardian/Warhorn Warrior: “Sure, I can spec for more damage”
(Blob fight commences, 12% of backpack regenerator heals OMG Mediguard for 14. Mediguard is downed.)
/facepalm, /gkick

“Do or do not, there is no try.”
Engi Build Compilation

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

One Idea I had to keep it different but still useful is have it be a pbaoe pulsing every second or every few seconds Have it scale oh lets see off about 15-20% of your healing power and constantly pulse an aoe heal too yourself and others around you. No other function thats it just good group and self regen for decent amount.

in Engineer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

What about just removing the ICD and adjusting the percentage till it plays right.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

When the devs introduced the trait, they said the heal over time style things wouldn’t proc the trait. They did mention that blasting water fields and the blast equals heal trait will proc it, so I expect the threshold is around the 1k mark

Fishsticks

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Some calculations:
A.E.D: 12,280 * 0.15 = 1842 heal
Elixir H: 5560 * 0.15 = 843 heal
Bandage Self: 4920 * 0.15 = 738 heal
Healing Turret: 2520 * 0.15 = 378 heal

So yes this trait is worthless.

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Some calculations:
A.E.D: 12,280 * 0.15 = 1842 heal
Elixir H: 5560 * 0.15 = 843 heal
Bandage Self: 4920 * 0.15 = 738 heal
Healing Turret: 2520 * 0.15 = 378 heal

So yes this trait is worthless.

Exactly. In most practical situations the healing amount is so small that is barely noticed at all. I simply cannot understand why this is a GM trait. It would be pretty weak even for an adept trait, since the 240 radius is so small.

Arenanet devs: please give us decent healing related traits, besides bunker down, which is hybrid offense/healing trait and fine as it is. Soothing detonation, energy amplifier, medical dispersion field, automated medical response are all way too weak in their
current form.

Soothing detonation is mere 340 base heal, which doesn’t even apply to the user. For comparison superior sigil of water heals more and affects the user as well.
Energy amplifier gives +240 healing power if under regeneration. For most builds this results very small (~5 % increase in healing) assuming the regen is in on.
Automated medical response has long 90 s cool down, which will trigger even if the healing skill is not on cooldown (thus the trait is wasted with no effect and goes on 90 s cooldown). It would be much better if the trait would trigger only if the health is below 25 % and the healing skill is on cooldown.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Just blurting out some random declaration that they are too weak is sensless. Unless you constructively offer some reasoning as to why you feel that way.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Just blurting out some random declaration that they are too weak is sensless. Unless you constructively offer some reasoning as to why you feel that way.

But-… They have.

As stated by nearly everyone, the trait is rendered trivial due to the amount healed, the internal cooldown, and the range.

Let’s look at the best-case scenario, which is nigh-unobtainable due to the presence of smaller heals triggering the internal cooldown.

Assume full Ascended equipment and trinkets with Healing Power as the main stat, along with Runes of the Monk for Healing Power and Outgoing Healing, and Healing Infusions just to really optimize this thing. Heck, a Delicious Rice Ball and Furious Tuning Crystal, too, so we’re REALLY going. A total of 1827 Healing Power according to the usual Build Editor. Add 250 for Energy Amplifier, a total of 2077 Healing Power. Then, take the 10% Outgoing Healing from Runes of the Monk, the 10% Outgoing Healing from the Delicious Riceball, and the 15% Outgoing Healing from Health Insurance in Alchemy, topped off with 12.5% more Outgoing Healing from a fully-stacked Sigil of Benevolence. A total of 47.5% Outgoing Healing. I don’t even know if Outgoing Healing has an effect on Medical Dispersion Field, but we’ll say it does just to get the absolute highest number we can out of it. That’d mean that the 12% from Medical Dispersion Field basically becomes 17.7% instead.

Med Kit’s Bandage Self is the most suited to this due to its 17 second base cooldown, which becomes 14.45 seconds with the Tools specialization. That makes it usable for one out of every three Medical Dispersion Field triggers. With the above stats, that makes it put out a heal of 6997. With the 17.7% heal out of Medical Dispersion Field, that gives 1239 health (rounded up from 1238.469).

Now, we have to fill the space between those Bandage Self casts. The next highest heal we can put out is a Cleansing Burst from Supply Crate’s Healing Turret. With the above healing stats, that’s 3558.5. From MDF, we trigger a 630 heal (rounded up again).

One last heal heal before we can bring Bandage Self back in. We’ll leave Supply Crate’s Healing Turret up so that we can use Cleansing Burst again next rotation. That means our next largest heal is the initial heal from Elixir Gun’s Super Elixir. With our equipment, that puts out a heal of 2530.8. Via MDF, we heal allies for 448. That is, if we can switch back to Med Kit for the Outgoing Healing before the Super Elixir actually lands, which is difficult since we’re shooting it right next to us.

Now, the rotation starts again, though Super Elixir wouldn’t actually be available for the third heal and Supply Crate’s Healing Turret wouldn’t consistently be there once it dies or the timer runs out. We’ll ignore that and be as forgiving and optimistic as possible, instead.

We end up with a total, barely-realistic healing amount of 2317 every 15 seconds, or 155 per second. Rounded up, of course.

Or, you can scrap all that gear and just take Healing Turret with no Healing Power or Outgoing Healing whatsoever, and heal all those allies for 2520 every 15 seconds, instead, not to mention the availability of the Water Field and Blast Finisher, as well as the fact that you’re healing in a radius of 480 instead of 240 and don’t have to worry about a tick of Regeneration wasting your 1239 heal for a 70 one instead.

Medical Dispersion Field’s healing is negligible. Hopefully the wall of theorization makes that clearer.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

I was referring to all the other off topic traits that were posted in that thread, not the topic trait with already hashed out numbers and discussions that explained reasonings before that post declaring all those other traits as “bad”.

in Engineer

Chorazin.4107

People get tired of typing the same results over and over in every thread that appears.

Copy and pasted from an older thread

I took SD/MDF with monk runes and delicious rice balls, the Soothing Detonation(SD) is ok at best, Medical Dispersion Field(MDF) isnt even worthy of being a minor trait.

I crunched some numbers on SD, a mild dip into healing power, say 300, means ur detonation will be 400 with no ICD. So throwing down a water field and blasting it twice will throw out on top of your 2 blasts for 2760(@300 healing power) another 800hps so a total of 3560 burst healing for your group. which is okish, throw some monk runes in there and delicious rice balls for 20% outgoing healing means you now have 4272 burst for those 2 blasts which is tidy.

If the water field was generated by say a healing turret, the healing increases further, throwing down the turret at 300 healing power nets you 2670 burst(add 20% for the outgoing healing = 3204) now add on the 2 blasts plus soothing detonation for a total of 7476. This is all calculated without taking into account the +250 healing power from Energy Amplifier for using a healing skill(healing turret).

For me however it is crippled by the range which is far too small. Why wouldnt this be the same as the healing turret at 480 or a blast at 360? Makes no sense to me that you would have this on 240 radius rather than 360 which is what the blast area is if it’s meant to you know, enhance our blasts?

Maybe the radius is a decision based on it’s usefulness/OPness in sPvP? But in the open world of chaotic large scale combat that is WvW where people are a little more spread out it is useless.

On top of this it should add something like 2seconds of regen/vigor per engineer blast, or clear 1 condi per blast for the group. You are giving up valuable blast abilities that you could be using later in the fight. That magnetic shield reflection, those rocket boots to break a long immob, so it really has to mean something.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

There is just one last hope for those traits in inventions: the forge

If: the forge is able to spam blast combos (like hammer AA 3 is a blast finisher … think abou it, it’s possible), then Soothing Detonations could be much more useful.

Same for Medical Dispersion Field: our heal skill maybe is pulsing heal passively, each 5 seconds to perfectly fit the cd of MDF.

That’s the last reason I could imagine, why Anet designed the traits like they are. They had the new elite spec in mind doing so. I’m aware, the chances this is real are very low, but we have to keep some hope….

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

People get tired of typing the same results over and over in every thread that appears.

People? Can you list them? Those your implying you speak for I mean.

Not certain why your being directly combative. All I did was ask a poster to elaborate on the other traits they listed that were not discussed in this thread, and why they are problematic.

I am unclear as to why you would quote me, then completely avoid addressing what I was asking.

To help clarify for you, I was reefing to the bolded traits in the post I specifically referred to (I quoted it initially), and had added it with the other traits bolded, for those having difficulty keeping up. My point was that they were off topic, and if they had issues with them, that they should make a thread on the subject, and hash it out, instead of randomly complaining about them in a thread on an entirely separate topic.

Arenanet devs: please give us decent healing related traits, besides bunker down, which is hybrid offense/healing trait and fine as it is. Soothing detonation, energy amplifier, medical dispersion field, automated medical response are all way too weak in their
current form.

in Engineer

Toolbox.9375

I was referring to all the other off topic traits that were posted in that thread, not the topic trait with already hashed out numbers and discussions that explained reasonings before that post declaring all those other traits as “bad”.

Ah, it’d seemed like you were talking about Medical Dispersion Field.

As far as those other traits go, I agree on some and disagree on others.

Energy Amplifier seems fine to me as it is, partially because it’s a minor trait and thus isn’t competing with anything. It won’t make a gigantic impact, true, but that’s a problem with Healing Power and the things that scale from it rather than the trait itself.

Soothing Detonation isn’t majorly impactful, and it’d be nice if it could affect the Engineer as well given that team-healing isn’t usually very important, but you’ll still feel its presence on occasion.

Automated Medical Response is one that needs some tweaking, I agree. The main move that would benefit from it, A.E.D., is rendered nearly incompatible due to the fact that the trait will activate and go on cooldown whether your Healing Skill needs to be refreshed or not. Combined with the fact that you want to save A.E.D. until you’re low on health given it’s relatively meager duration, you aren’t going to be able to make good use of it in most realistic situations.

Automated Medical Response also doesn’t affect Healing Turret’s Cleansing Burst, as far as I’m aware, which removes over half of the ability’s healing potential in most cases, as well as the Condition removal portion of the ability.

Elixir H and Bandage Self are thus the only ones that are really compatible with the trait, and with their low cooldowns and matching low heals, there’s not much to gain from it. The trait isn’t going to trigger in most run-of-the-mill PvE combat due to the 25% health requirement, and it’s highly unreliable in faster-paced WvW and PvP combat. The main thing leading to it being a valid choice is that one of the traits competing against it is similarly lackluster, and the other is only useful to one weapon set.

in Engineer

Chorazin.4107

Not certain why your being directly combative. All I did was ask a poster to elaborate on the other traits they listed that were not discussed in this thread, and why they are problematic.

I responded to the ‘’blurting out declarations’’ comments, people have provided testing and numbers behind the support/healing traits. There have been multiple threads if you did a bit of digging discussing how woeful all the healing/support traits are(with numbers provided).

The MDF numbers/testing had been posted by Toolbox so i thought i should flesh that out with the numbers from SD.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

I responded to the ‘’blurting out declarations’’ comments, people have provided testing and numbers behind the support/healing traits. There have been multiple threads if you did a bit of digging discussing how woeful all the healing/support traits are(with numbers provided).

The MDF numbers/testing had been posted by Toolbox so i thought i should flesh that out with the numbers from SD.

What does that have to do with the poster I quoted, then reposted with the traits bolded?

I didn’t ask that poster what other people posted, or said about various traits. I asked that poster specifically why they thought those traits were an issue. I then went on to detail to the poster I was referring to that it is counter productive to list off topic traits and call them “bad”, while avoiding offering and reason suggesting why. Not all of those traits were any of the healing traits, so I am not entirely certain what you are going on about.

in Engineer

Chorazin.4107

Wait, what?

Lets go over this step by step here is your first post in this thread.

I agree you need to have your hypothesis backed by actual maths. But here is your second post.

That thread? Which thread? The only link to anything outside this thread is by the op WEXXES and it takes us to

It was at this point i responded quoting your first post in this thread and gave a description of SD.

You then responded which i will get to, now at this point you only have the above two posts to go by we are agreed? Here is your next post broken down.

All I did was ask a poster to elaborate on the other traits they listed that were not discussed in this thread, and why they are problematic.

Where? Where did you ask in the above posts for any user to elaborate anything? I will refer you again to your first two posts. Where are the question marks, asking, well, anything? These look like two statements.

I am unclear as to why you would quote me, then completely avoid addressing what I was asking.

What are you asking? Where? Again i refer you to your first two posts

Where in this do you ask anything?

Then we have this

Where? Where did you ask anything? I dont see a question mark in either of your first two posts. Again at this point i refer you to your first two posts in this thread

Then we have this

and had added it with the other traits bolded, for those having difficulty keeping up

What is bolded where? I again refer you to your first two posts in this thread, please point out the bolded areas for me

jfc

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

(edited by Chorazin.4107)

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

That thread? Which thread? The only link to anything outside this thread is by the op WEXXES and it takes us to

Sorry, I didn’t mean “that thread” I meant “that post”, so I see my typographical error seems to have initiated the confusion. I sort of figured when I reposted the post I was referring to, and bolded all the traits mentioned, that it made it clear what I meant. Apparently not. Anyway, I was specifically referring to a post mentioning other traits.

This post to be exact.

current form.

Though I do appreciate that my views are so important to you, that you wanted to make 3 post asking me for clarification. Thanks for your support.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Med Kit’s Bandage Self is the most suited to this due to its 17 second base cooldown, which becomes 14.45 seconds with the Tools specialization

Except Bandage self is NOT classified as a tool belt skill, but it is counted as a healing skill.

Thus the tools specialization trait line Mechanized Deployment will NOT reduce it’s cooldown:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mechanized_Deployment

But bandage self works with automated medical response
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Automated_Medical_Response

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Engineer

Toolbox.9375

Med Kit’s Bandage Self is the most suited to this due to its 17 second base cooldown, which becomes 14.45 seconds with the Tools specialization

Except Bandage self is NOT classified as a tool belt skill, but it is counted as a healing skill.

Thus the tools specialization trait line Mechanized Deployment will NOT reduce it’s cooldown:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mechanized_Deployment

But bandage self works with automated medical response
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Automated_Medical_Response

Hm, you’re right, I hadn’t ever noticed that. Just another thing throwing Medical Dispersion Field into triviality. X)

in Engineer

Chorazin.4107

I sort of figured when I reposted the post I was referring to, and bolded all the traits mentioned,

And i posted numbers for one of said bolded traits, SD. To go with the numbers already provided for MDF. As i dont think MDF is being taken in a vacuum, if you are speccing support in the inventions line you are probably taking both SD and MDF. Well, having said that you are probably just logging off your engineer and logging in your guardian for group support.

I dont think anyone is overly concerned with the minor that adds 250 to healing power, it is what it is, AMR was pretty much nerfed into oblivion. 90 seconds lol?

Support is not so much now a case of healing output, it is a case of condition control. Of which a PoV guard with trooper runes and traited VoR excels at. All with the kicker 600 radius.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

MDF is a waste of time. Unless they bring back Elixir Infused Bombs, I suggest for you healers to quit. Keep getting promises that they will bring back alot of stuff for HoT but I am not seeing much in writing. Had great plans for a clerics build with full ascended gear, but now they have taken away the purpose of engineer healing by getting rid of EIB. Unless they do bring it back, I think I’m out too. Done enough of zerker and condi to be bored of engi.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

But the worst trait Masterie is still Stimulant Supplier against this medical dispersion looks godlike

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

But the worst trait Masterie is still Stimulant Supplier against this medical dispersion looks godlike

Actually, I’m using this trait quite often. Don’t see it as a “trigger one skill while using healing skill”. I see it as an upgrade to my healing. If you use it, you will upgrade your healing by a fair amount, get extra fury and a weakening condition remove. That’s not bad, I’m using it in PvP and if I have to trait for survivability (sometimes in fractales).

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Actually, I’m using this trait quite often. Don’t see it as a “trigger one skill while using healing skill”. I see it as an upgrade to my healing. If you use it, you will upgrade your healing by a fair amount, get extra fury and a weakening condition remove. That’s not bad, I’m using it in PvP and if I have to trait for survivability (sometimes in fractales).

Is Iron Blood not better for survivability?

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Is Iron Blood not better for survivability?

Depends on the situation. Especially for PvP, I prefer Stimulant Supplier, because Iron Blooded just helps against direct damage and there are many condi specs. And it depends on your build of course. Sometimes you are running a build which doesn’t have 7 permanent boons ^^ Iron Blooded is just useful if you have enough boons. If these condition isn’t given, just take Stimulant Supplier, it is always useful.