Sagramor.7395

LOS?

Then blow em up.

How to defeat power ranger

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

You can try my favourite build:-)
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpdrVVx2KseNCbBF6dcxYLyOWlPGhAA-TJxHwACOBAT2f4YZAAPIAA
Its basicly permareflect if you use turrets right:-) You can also play with cele amulet and rifle if you prefer more hybrid damage. I found this basicly as hard counter to rangers and majority of other builds and classes.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

If the other team is ranger heavy, I find pistol/shield more effective than rifle.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

can you elaborate on the zerker rifle build your using, i myself use zerker engi alot so i should be able to help you out once you let me know what your using

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

If you’re playing regular P/D condition engi, you literally have 3~4 chances to negate the RF dm completely. You can use shield 4 when RF is coming. You can use 5 when another RF is coming. You can pop elixir S when RF coming. You can use tool kit when RF is coming. Note that if you bring tool kit, basically you can rotate the blocks and negate every single RF the ranger puts on you in their rotation.

And power ranger is normally terrible at handling conditions, so you can easily overwhelm them with conditions.

Basically you hard counter power ranger, there’s no reason for you to lose if you fight on a node.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

If you’re playing regular P/D condition engi, you literally have 3~4 chances to negate the RF dm completely. You can use shield 4 when RF is coming. You can use 5 when another RF is coming. You can pop elixir S when RF coming. You can use tool kit when RF is coming. Note that if you bring tool kit, basically you can rotate the blocks and negate every single RF the ranger puts on you in their rotation.

And power ranger is normally terrible at handling conditions, so you can easily overwhelm them with conditions.

Basically you hard counter power ranger, there’s no reason for you to lose if you fight on a node.

I agree 100% (and is partially why I now solo-queue as condi versus cele) but keep in mind the OP is running rifle, not pistol.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I also have trouble with power rangers. But I am getting better.

What I have found to be effective is to use this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAElUUp+qlcxELSYLoRNGQlCRuxq85IEgkC-TJBHwAAeAAd2fo8FAAZZAA

I first use the elixer-s stealth, then magnet pull from tool kit (being in stealth makes them not see the animation so they can’t dodge it). After I pull them I immediately use pry bar and very quickly switch to rifle and use rifle 4 and then rifle 2. I then use grenade barrage since they are immobilized and can’t dodge it, and then grenade kit 4 and 2. I hit them with a couple grenade kit 1’s and then switch back to rifle and knock them back again to start over if they are still alive.

The main thing is to be keenly aware of when they use rapid shot, cause you have to switch to tool kit to block it. You then have to burn them down fast cause rapid shot’s cooldown is shorter than tool kit’s block.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

(edited by Gern.2978)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Power rangers cannot be defeated!

Attachments:

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Power rangers cannot be defeated!

just roll green ranger. dragon zord OP

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

What I have found to be effective is to use this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAElUUp+qlcxELSYLoRNGQlCRuxq85IEgkC-TJBHwAAeAAd2fo8FAAZZAA

I first use the elixer-s stealth, then magnet pull from tool kit (being in stealth makes them not see the animation so they can’t dodge it). After I pull them I immediately use pry bar and very quickly switch to rifle and use rifle 4 and then rifle 2. I then use grenade barrage since they are immobilized and can’t dodge it, and then grenade kit 4 and 2. I hit them with a couple grenade kit 1’s and then switch back to rifle and knock them back again to start over if they are still alive.

The main thing is to be keenly aware of when they use rapid shot, cause you have to switch to tool kit to block it. You then have to burn them down fast cause rapid shot’s cooldown is shorter than tool kit’s block.

Bad tactic. First CC does not effect the Ranger. You waste stealth and pull

in Engineer

Gern.2978

Not sure how rangers are immune to all CC, but if they can be I must not ever encounter one running that build, cause I’ve never had the problem of wasting my stealth or magnet pull using this tactic against a ranger. The only time I ever really die against them is if I screw up my timing of using block and die to their rapid shot. Rapid shot is the only problem I have ever encountered against them, not any sort of an immunity to my CC.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Not sure how rangers are immune to all CC, but if they can be I must not ever encounter one running that build, cause I’ve never had the problem of wasting my stealth or magnet pull using this tactic against a ranger. The only time I ever really die against them is if I screw up my timing of using block and die to their rapid shot. Rapid shot is the only problem I have ever encountered against them, not any sort of an immunity to my CC.

Not to mention most engi runs protection injection, so as ranger, they really can’t just CC you without concerning about the protection pop… Meaning you will always be able to counter RF, whether by blocking or protection.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

The immunity to CC is on a 90 sec cooldown and transfer the CC to the pet. Many ranger are using this trait. If you know this it is even easier to fight them.

And I did not want to blame you, but maybe it is useful to know for OP if he tries your tactic. And many engis are using slick shoes with rifle or even p/x instead of elixir S. I guess OP as well

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Gear Shield > Overcharged shot > Net shot > Shrapnel Grenades > Pry Bar

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Engineer

Gern.2978

Gear Shield > Overcharged shot > Net shot > Shrapnel Grenades > Pry Bar

Close.

gear shield-Pry bar-Overcharged Shot-netshot-Throw Wrench-Grenade Barrage-Shrapnel Grenade-Freeze Grenade-Grenade until overcharged shot is off cooldown, then repeat as necessary.

(edited by Gern.2978)