Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

… not / 15 characters.

cuz it doesnt have serker :P?

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Sadu.9541

Sadu.9541

No simply because even if dpsing was your plan, you left both major dps traits in scrapper in both builds while you come up with some weird explosion-tree without grenades…
One can debate that there are many ways to dps… but i am quite sure that the majority disagrees with this build as a tutorial for “how to dps aß scrapper”.
And well… Zerker Meta still here, yes.

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

No simply because even if dpsing was your plan, you left both major dps traits in scrapper in both builds while you come up with some weird explosion-tree without grenades…
One can debate that there are many ways to dps… but i am quite sure that the majority disagrees with this build as a tutorial for “how to dps aß scrapper”.
And well… Zerker Meta still here, yes.

and what exactly are this major dps traits you speak of?
the reason i choose assasin over berserk is because only the 4 and 5 skills actually have power scaling

the way i set it up is you get 20 stacks of vuln and 15-18s weakness from 5-3 combo +7% on enemy affected by vuln from explosive as melee spec we need to dodge quite a bit so the +25% damage bomb is nice and blast finisher giving swiftness from lightning fields provided by the dead gyros or your 5 skill

earth sigil procs 10% crit chance from firearms easier so you always got 100% crit chance so you can benefit alot from strength or bloodlust sigil

well i g uess you can replace the grandmaster 2 for perfectly weighted

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Hohou.1508

Hohou.1508

I have to agree with Sadu – no, just no.
If you want to dps with scrapper (althought standard power grenadier is better for that), I would go with something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUh2tYNVwkLQ7FLbGFYxlcRE9Yf2v94EUABAA-ThRBABXt/o8DPdALcBAA4BAQp6PmpEEA-e

Engineer since August 2012

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

I have to agree with Sadu – no, just no.
If you want to dps with scrapper (althought standard power grenadier is better for that), I would go with something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUh2tYNVwkLQ7FLbGFYxlcRE9Yf2v94EUABAA-ThRBABXt/o8DPdALcBAA4BAQp6PmpEEA-e

welp that gave me an idea on what to use from now on , at least for now :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpi1UBmcB0ehlNjiesP73Gs4SuIacCKgAA-TxBEAB6s/ATK/K4BA0mOAAuAAJq+zWKBJFwoysA-e

the diference is i fight with others so i find the med gyro and bulwark gyro toolbelt skills incredibly helpful and with this change i ll pretty much always have 99% crit chance

oops set wrong link basically replaced static discharge for reactive lenses

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Terrible builds…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

Sorry to say it but Scrapper doesn’t pump out significant damage on with it’s own specific traits/weapons/utilities.

The highest DPS you’ll get as a Scrapper is just the condi build with Scrapper line instead of Tools. If Hammer is needed, then the basic power build with a modified rotation is the best you’ll get.

For open world, I would suggest dropping explosives in favor of alchemy if you really want a change. Taking much else is likely not worth it, the defense and might stacking from Alchemy helps keep your damage/defense up for those rougher scaled events.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Elixir F & Hidden flask.
And appart from this, these are builds for instanced group-content, not solo builds.

edit:
scratch the dps build, I accidentally posted a link to a experimental version where I directly compared hammer & rifle in the same build…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUhSsYtWwdLQ7FLvFF9uH8HPYHGip13DOhBAA-ThRBABXt/o8DPdAAcBAy7BAQp6PmpEMAwBwv/GAO/8zP/8z73fP/3z/tUARM0C-e

This is the actual dps scrapper, and in a group-scenario it reaches the required 100% crit chance without any extra stats spend on precision, and actually reaches more dps than the traditional power nade build, since hammer has a higher weapon-dmg than rifle (altering all dmg-calculating formulas while wielding it, so it 1ups nade-barrage), better power-scaling on its own skills & more frequent, higher burst on lower cd’s than rifle (rifle #3 & #5 vs hammer #2 & #3)

Gonna work on a viper/sinister scrapper now.

edit 2:
Forget it, nothing on scrapper improves your condi application. I was thinking shredder + napalm could maybe be beneficial, but due to long-kitten cd’s, bombkit performs better on that spot.
Hammer, utilities or traits, none of these contribute anything useful to the condi-engi, so appart from updating the rune-choice & switching out some gear for viper (until your reach 100% bleed & burn duration), there is nothing to do.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

How to dps Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

So I posted a thread recently where I said I would like to get away from kits, well its not possible unless you go static discharge which doesnt sustain much and even its burst in open world PVE isn’t that great, in the new maps at least.

So I played around a little. My main concerns were decent damage, swiftness and including some of the new mechanics. I did initially want a stun break, but reactive lenses covers that for me (though you can switch the one kit to include EG)

The idea with this build is popping lightning fields and dropping shredder gyro in to it, using #2 and #3 hammers skills, it destroys just about anything, veterans will be daze/stun chained. Not only that, but if you couple it with nade kit you can sustain dps for some time and not just be burst. You will also stack crazy vuln.

You can also use toolkit instead which I tend to do most of the time going from event to event for the utility.

I am currently torn between expert exam and mass momentum as I don’t feel the might gain is that great from MM but EE on champs is irrelevant with others around.

Also ignore the sigils they are from my SD build and I am trying to decide if Night and force will be better.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBlYhtpCGpCEqilNjiesP73Gs4SuIac7KgAA-ThBFABC8AAQa/R5Xa6AA4CAUo6PXpEMAwBwv/GAO/8zP/8z73fP/3z/tUARM0C-e

EDIT: Also I can never see me taking out Stealth gyro, the amount of stealth revives, sneaks past packs and life saves that thing has given me this weekend! Boss goes in to a new phase? VANISH!

EDITEDIT: You can also go Knights with runes for survivability, you will still kill things nearly as fast as zerk (ofc not quite), with the reflects and blocks you can take quite a bit of punishment

(edited by Bish.8627)