How to improve Gyros survibility

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

To improve the Gyros uptime in a fight, we could add them pulsing Aegis every 1 sec (or 2 if they realy get sturdy, but we know that with AoE and multihit attacks that won’t happen).

How about it? It would save them from “accidental” AoE while not making them undestructable.

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I don’t dislike the gyros…..but they don’t really offer anything useful. In a sad way they are a bit worse than turrets. Turrets at least can be up to 5 min (if they survive), gyros only last 25sec. If they remove the CD and improve their defenses/HP I would consider using them, and make the medic gyro as powerful as healing turret. The only gyro I MIGHT consider using is the one that spins in place and applies conditions.

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I don’t dislike the gyros…..but they don’t really offer anything useful. In a sad way they are a bit worse than turrets. Turrets at least can be up to 5 min (if they survive), gyros only last 25sec. If they remove the CD and improve their defenses/HP I would consider using them, and make the medic gyro as powerful as healing turret. The only gyro I MIGHT consider using is the one that spins in place and applies conditions.

Gyros are not meant to be permanent. 15 seconds is too long in my opinion.

Most should not have more that 5 – 8 secs of life.

This would be a buff to them as utilities and a nerf to them as pets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Gyros only last 12 to 15 sec, only exception is Sneak gyro at 30 sec. Personally I’d like to see the cooldown start when they are spawned and be just above their durration (20 sec cooldown on 15 sec durration), so if you manage to keep them alive you get 3/4th uptime. Shredder and Bomb gyro don’t act like gyros, so we’d have to look at them differently.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Massive health buffs or some sort of buff on them that greatly reduces incoming damage.

We have turrets that as of now have similar health numbers that can be traited for 33% reduced incoming damage, so basically a permanent protection boon, and they’re still paper.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

Massive health buffs or some sort of buff on them that greatly reduces incoming damage.

We have turrets that as of now have similar health numbers that can be traited for 33% reduced incoming damage, so basically a permanent protection boon, and they’re still paper.

The best way to diminish damage in that game is to negate it completly (dodge, blind, Aegis,…) ofc, while this could make Gyros hard to destroy in a 1v1 situation (but we must remember that this game is not balanced arround 1v1), in a group fight it won’t blow up on the first AoE field u meet.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

The best way to diminish damage in that game is to negate it completly (dodge, blind, Aegis,…) ofc, while this could make Gyros hard to destroy in a 1v1 situation (but we must remember that this game is not balanced arround 1v1), in a group fight it won’t blow up on the first AoE field u meet.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, how is a gyro going to do any of those things? If you mean it would work great with your original suggestion of pulsing Aegis, I disagree. Any number of small attacks could remove the aegis, especially in a group fight with fields flying around everywhere. Blocking 1 attack isn’t going to keep them alive much longer with a health pool of less than 10k.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Vajra.3914

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, how is a gyro going to do any of those things? If you mean it would work great with your original suggestion of pulsing Aegis, I disagree. Any number of small attacks could remove the aegis, especially in a group fight with fields flying around everywhere. Blocking 1 attack isn’t going to keep them alive much longer with a health pool of less than 10k.

It actualy is going to help them, especialy when they block an F1 burst hammer from Warrior, or a Thief backstab; while it’s true it will still succumb to AoE field, at least u are able to move out without having the gyro destroyed.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

It’s a start, I’m willing to try it in the BWE. I feel like it would come out to much less than 33% damage reduction overall, and we already know that isn’t nearly enough with their current health pools because that’s exactly what turrets do. Plus it scales poorly from 1v1 to group fights. Very difficult to kill in 1v1 with a block every second, trivial in group fights. I can’t really think of any solution that doesn’t have that problem though to some extent.

Really all I want to see is direct damage immunity, condis and CC are still applicable.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

How do you know what their uptime in a fight will be in the first place to make a sensible claim?

Granted, if they are anything like SW’s, they will just get bursted by AoE but that’s not really the point here. You don’t even know if this is a problem yet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

How do you know what their uptime in a fight will be in the first place to make a sensible claim?

Granted, if they are anything like SW’s, they will just get bursted by AoE but that’s not really the point here. You don’t even know if this is a problem yet.

We do know that Bulwark have 11100 health in the livestream, and that is the tanky and durrable one.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

We know because turrets have existed for 3 years and these are just as squishy, except without even a -33% incoming damage trait. And you can’t place them outside of melee range to even try to protect them since they follow you around (except Shredder of course, but that’s going to be placed right in the thick of battle most of the time anyways).

We do know this is a problem. Anyone who has spent a significant amount of time on the Engineer knew the instant the Bulwark Gyro HP was deduced that this was turrets all over again.

What I’m disappointed by is Irenio even said they have a lot of health when he started talking about them because he knows they need to stay alive, he obviously knows why people don’t like turrets. He suggested as much during the POI. Then why in the world do gyros have the same amount of health?

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I also remember a ton of people delighted of turrets being nerfed to oblivion and an handful of people pointing out that those changes would have made them useless that were shunned by all the other people. And nothing being done after that.

Let’s not act like many people even care about having them useable, let alone balanced.
We just have to hope devs aren’t included in that group. But given the hate for turrets in the pvp section, i have serious doubts about it. And gyros are essentially turrets 2.0 .

in Engineer

Obtena.7952

We know because turrets have existed for 3 years and these are just as squishy, except without even a -33% incoming damage trait. And you can’t place them outside of melee range to even try to protect them since they follow you around (except Shredder of course, but that’s going to be placed right in the thick of battle most of the time anyways).

We do know this is a problem. Anyone who has spent a significant amount of time on the Engineer knew the instant the Bulwark Gyro HP was deduced that this was turrets all over again.

What I’m disappointed by is Irenio even said they have a lot of health when he started talking about them because he knows they need to stay alive, he obviously knows why people don’t like turrets. He suggested as much during the POI. Then why in the world do gyros have the same amount of health?

There is a fine line here; obvious Anet doesn’t want them perma the whole 15 seconds if you’re not careful but they don’t want them dropping at a sneeze either. There will be no reasonable compromise to the health issue. That’s already been tried on SW’s.

Alternative solutions are necessary; for instance, a benefit to them being attacked directly. The question isn’t about how to make them survive, and that’s where the thread misses the mark. They simply need a fuller purpose.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

They just need a metric kittenload of health, same as all the other AI.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(…)
How about it? It would save them from “accidental” AoE while not making them undestructable.

Guardian SW worked that way, and then changed to be killed in 2 – 3 AA hits when fully traited, that is how gyros work, i dont see gyros being improved happening.
What they migh do is reduce CD or increase damage, but even so they die so fast that they will hardly reach the enemy…that is what happens to SW.

Pitty that both classes i play got stucked with stuff that dont work on the field.

Gyros also get conditions, imagine that in a group fight they are also unplayabke there, due the easy stacks and AOE circle, if u pop up any SW it get instantly destroyed.

What Anet could do is make Gyros having resistance boon and % damage reduction based on player toughness.

It is a pitty if gyros end with the same destiny of Guardian Spirit Weapon…..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Engineer

Obtena.7952

They just need a metric kittenload of health, same as all the other AI.

If they wanted them to not die by giving them a ‘metric kittenload of health’, they would have just made them immune like SW’s used to be. Obviously that’s not their intent and therefore, not a very realistic suggestion you have there.