Posted by: Rong.5470

Rong.5470

Yeah guardian is like 55k burn in 3s, Holosmith is pretty much balanced

Hurray for "soon to be nerfed damage"

in Engineer

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Yeah guardian is like 55k burn in 3s, Holosmith is pretty much balanced

It is truly insane right now. I melt in 2 seconds and nearly every time I check what killed me some crazy burn damage is at the top. :P

Edit: I forgot, Scourge is another insane burning offender with Dhuumfire on 3 shades + the Necro that cast it.

(edited by Vyrulisse.1246)

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Still, prepare for the eventual nerf. There’s no way they’re going to let our damage stand.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Don’t forget the range f5 #4 skill doing more damage than Rapid Fire with half of the Rapid Fire channel time (meaning double dps) and causes burning.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

I don’t see why it should get a nerf, it’s super easy to counter, has nothing against CC and easy to reflect back and mitigate.

As Spellbreaker, I just full counter, stun, and it dies.

in Engineer

Vyrulisse.1246

I don’t see why it should get a nerf, it’s super easy to counter, has nothing against CC and easy to reflect back and mitigate.

As Spellbreaker, I just full counter, stun, and it dies.

It is pretty squishy from what I’ve played of it today. Nothing like Scrapper that’s for sure.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hanth.2978

Hanth.2978

It should be nerfed and it makes sense. Before gw2 launched and it was in beta, warriors were doing 12k eviscerate and just wrecking anything that was not heavy. Anet did the right thing and nerfed it just like they should so with Holo.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Have to agree, the damage is way to high. I steamrolled every champion in the mists. Although I could solo them before as vanilla engie, it was no where near that fast with cruise control turned on. Anet has much balancing work to do before releasing this xpack. I’d rather this elite be balanced by launch rather than put up with another scrapper situation where we get comfortable with the elite, only for it to get nerfed over the next year and we lose out on time/money invested.

(edited by Nate.8146)

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Well.. the nerf is as obvios as a blowtorch flame in a dark room, i just hope they dont…well scrapper nerf it. It can literally do one thing, unleash living hell in melee, leave it atleast some degree of that. But given its a-net i can just say.. i had a blast with it as long as it lasted.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Our damage is simply too high, 4k autos is not a joke man..
As for the overheat 15k damage… just wow. Don’t get me wrong though, I only played 1v1s against a friend of mine to test them out but seriously, I don’t think he had anything to do against me (he was weaver).

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

And if they nerf holosmith – what reasson will be to take him?! We must keep eye on our heat and it is our burst mode. It is L2P issue. Our counter is spellbreaker for example. For me, broken is scourge and deadeye.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Well scourge, spellbreaker and holo are definitly the stronger specs. Deadeye is just annoying but I don’t see a point in picking it in pvp or wvw (outside of being annyoing) not sure about pve. However I think we just need to wait and see how the specs are going to be used in the end. There is no point in balancing a lot before people didn’t play it for a while.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

&lt;Cracks knuckles in guardian&gt; Time to def my spec...
Okay I’ll give you that, our burning is stupid high... but overall FB’s so said support is non-existent in the face of how much power damage some classes do (holo included).
The concept of holo is jolly, but the numbers are too high. But... 55k burning in 3 sec? That’s for a target that is stationary, doesn’t dodge and doesn’t know the meaning of condition cleanse. Besides the highest condi damage on FB is achieved on the first condi burst, later on it’s just decent re-stacking of burn. If you let yourself get killed like that it’s just pure l2p.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Engineer

Vyrulisse.1246

<Cracks knuckles in guardian> Time to def my spec…
Okay I’ll give you that, our burning is stupid high… but overall FB’s so said support is non-existent in the face of how much power damage some classes do (holo included).
The concept of holo is jolly, but the numbers are too high. But… 55k burning in 3 sec? That’s for a target that is stationary, doesn’t dodge and doesn’t know the meaning of condition cleanse. Besides the highest condi damage on FB is achieved on the first condi burst, later on it’s just decent re-stacking of burn. If you let yourself get killed like that it’s just pure l2p.

I’m not so sure Holo damage is too high honestly. Maybe against pure damage builds like most people are probably running or a lot of A.net’s premade builds but something like a Support Tempest can deal with a Holosmith assault pretty easily. I did it and I’m not great.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I’m not so sure Holo damage is too high honestly. Maybe against pure damage builds like most people are probably running or a lot of A.net’s premade builds but something like a Support Tempest can deal with a Holosmith assault pretty easily. I did it and I’m not great.

It might be true, but it is a one in a thousand example, not a status quo. Majority claims that holo’s damage is too much and it is a fact.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

They have to buff the other specs imo before considering nerfs. I mean, Guardian and Engi are probably going to be nerfed anyway, they’re completely bongus, but Renegade is objectively the worst Legend for Revenant, even compared to the core ones.

in Engineer

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

<Cracks knuckles in guardian> Time to def my spec…
Okay I’ll give you that, our burning is stupid high… but overall FB’s so said support is non-existent in the face of how much power damage some classes do (holo included).
The concept of holo is jolly, but the numbers are too high. But… 55k burning in 3 sec? That’s for a target that is stationary, doesn’t dodge and doesn’t know the meaning of condition cleanse. Besides the highest condi damage on FB is achieved on the first condi burst, later on it’s just decent re-stacking of burn. If you let yourself get killed like that it’s just pure l2p.

The irony of this comment is that it also applies to Holosmith as well. There is a specific rotation that if you are

stationary, doesn’t dodge and doesn’t know the meaning of condition cleanse.

you can die from. Just dodge or condition cleanse, notice when the Holosmith goes into Forge ‘mode’ and assume it means that a burst is coming and act accordingly.

At this time Weaver and Spellbreaker can 1v1 Holosmith successfully the majority of the time, and it would be ignorant of me not to mention Scourge as well on that list. Potentially even condition SoulBeast can do it too. If you are losing to Holosmith at this point in time it, from all the live streams I’ve seen so far, is most likely because you don’t know yet know what the key signs are that a burst or flurry of attacks are coming your way from a Holosmith. That said most players that recognize what to evade aren’t having a hard time fighting it and because the Holosmith will risk exploding (lose a bunch of HP) and go on a long cool-down after a missed spam of attacks means that he can’t keep bursting any opponent who recognizes the rotations and evades it.

Berserker does insane damage as well on stationary targets, that don’t dodge and don’t cleanse. The difference between that and Holosmith is that Holosmith does not have the means to sustain itself under pressure (no ‘no dmg’ stances, no passive regen while being aggressive and no resistance spam).

That said, if Holosmith can’t burst people down (who don’t dodge, recognize that a burst is coming or don’t use condition cleanses) as an Elite Spec who’s sole purpose is to burst people down then what is the point of it? It certainly can’t support, it can’t be a rez bot like Scrapper can and if you think that you’ll stand on a cap forever like a Scrapper could then you have another thing coming.

It’s day one. Everything hits hard until you figure out what you need to dodge, block, invuln or reflect and what these things look like. Holosmith on the Engineer feels like it has a spot to fill and my only fear is that once everyone get’s accustomed to the rotation (and don’t try to face tank everything because they want to kill the new thing) that it won’t be as thrilling as everyone currently thinks it is.

(edited by LilBiM.3581)

in Engineer

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

It might be true, but it is a one in a thousand example, not a status quo. Majority claims that holo’s damage is too much and it is a fact.

Well what the majority claims is mostly not the truth and definitly not a fact. E.g. people were claiming trap guarding was op for most of it’s existence even though it had easy counterplay and was useless in higher pvp. So saying holo is too strong after 1 day of testing is a crazy thing. Most people don’t know counters too it just yet + are testing other elite specs. So we don’t know how things will end up at the end. A class can dish out tons of dmg and still be useless for several other reasons. The best thing is to wait until certain builds have crystalized out of this new possible elite specs and then balance around it. However I agree holosmith feels strong atm but same with scourge, spellbreaker and firebrand.

(edited by Valfaros.6908)

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Majority claims that holo’s damage is too much and it is a fact.

There are classes with better bursts, and they don’t have to go balls deep into melee or can easily escape. Photon Forge attacks are also so telegraphed you can just avoid most of the damage with simple dodges.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

1 how are you getting 4k autos without ally buffs

2 why is it OP if engi did 4k auto but its ok for Warrior to do 4k damage with dagger auto while might stacking with said auto and life stealing on crits and twice the attack rate?

this spec offers nothing but raw damage its extremely easy compared to any of the other specs with the exception of maybe sniper thief

in Engineer

Posted by: Strider.7849

Strider.7849

Yeah the damage is pretty insane. I put on the tankiest amulet I could get and was absolutely massacring.

What I hope they do when they nerf the damage, is make the barrier (forgot the skill name) last a bit longer. It’s defenses are quite weak in my opinion assuming the damage takes as big a hit as I think it will. The shield is simply not enough, and I really don’t want to go back to tool kit like in pre-hot

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

so far the only skill i’d say really needs a nerf is the Number 2 leap , it has a 2 second CD and crits for 4-5k easily with paladin gear , wich i can see becoming 8k crits with Berserk or marauder’s stats and again that is without might stacks and such

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s not okay for holo to be this overtuned.

It’s not okay for the other elite specs to be this overtuned either.

It’s power creep to sell expansions, and it’s bad for the game.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Yup, the ONLY weak spec I’ve seen so far is weaver(I was VERY surprised as it looked freaking strong on paper).

in Engineer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

1 how are you getting 4k autos without ally buffs

2 why is it OP if engi did 4k auto but its ok for Warrior to do 4k damage with dagger auto while might stacking with said auto and life stealing on crits and twice the attack rate?

this spec offers nothing but raw damage its extremely easy compared to any of the other specs with the exception of maybe sniper thief

Lol, Spellbreaker main-hand dagger dps is a joke even with full zerk.

You didn’t test anything and trying to mis-direct the attention.

Spell-breaking main-hand dagger so far doesn’t seem worth to use at all. (Off-hand is nice though)

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

With a negative side effect like ~50% self-applied damage, I feel like people are going to learn how to dodge these until you can’t manage it anymore. I don’t think the numbers are going to be tuned down much, if at all. Even if they did, they’d have to (or rather they OUGHT TO but can easily decided not to) tune down the overheat damage.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: Zepi.3170

Zepi.3170

Spellbreaker greatsword/whatever kittens on engi. Scourge kittens on engi. Thief/Daredevil/Deadeye kittens on engi. Get out of here with OP damage, devs might actually listen to your knee jerk reactions. BTW if you go berserkers you die as soon someone looks at you, even with full tank stats you are still squishy as kitten. Heavy armor classes who are tankier than engis do just as much damage or even higher than fully tank engi while being tankier. I swear you guys have other classes for mains and just come here and complain to keep engi as a kitten token addition to any party instead of being truly viable. Without damage what good is engi? Other classes can do what engi can and do it better and easier. It’s the reason why engi has been regarded as a token addition for a lot of years now after all the nerfs. Engi’s kits/skills are designed for the class to do meaningful damage (especially without mobility/tricks/stealth like other duelist classes) or else it will remain being the least popular class.

Edit: Oh and not to mention, holos skills are telegraphed like crazy unlike kitten scourge.

(edited by Zepi.3170)