I Miss Booooombs!

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: Paolo.1467

Paolo.1467

This topic is to talk about our brand new trash tier kit: Bomb Kit ofc!
It used to be my “must have kit” but now is kinda meh becouse of too many reasons!

- The radius seem to be still bugged

- The change of burning made Firebomb almost useless (none with half brain will take more than one pulse)

- We lost the 30% condi duration from old Explosive line making fire and expecially concussion bomb way less effective

- Autodifense bomb dispenser (invention adept) no longer create a smoke field (personaly i used that trait a lot when was GM in explosive for stelthing myself) making the trait almost useless

- We lost Elixir Infused Bomb and we get nothing similar back

- The new short fuse trait seem ok but still dont make the kit competitive vs the other utility

By now in PvP and WvW i cant find a single reason for using BombKit over any other Kit or utility, the BombKit still seem ok for pve but for sure isnt a musthave!

My suggestions to bring back to life this kit are:

- Make reduced fuse baseline and use the trait to reduce CD and improve the explosions (may move the trait in GM tier):
Bomb (now also apply 1 stack of vulnerability for 5s and heal ally for 10% of the dmg)
FireBomb (now last 4sec and apply 2 staks of burning)
ConcussionBomb (now cofusion last 7s and create a 3s etherial field after detonation)
SmokeBomb (now also apply 3 sec of reveal to foe in the radius after the first detonation)
GlueBomb (now also apply 1sec of slow per pulse to foe in the puddle)

- Fix the explosion radius (or at lest give us back a trat to improve the radius)

- Make the Autodifense bomb dispenser a real SmokeBomb with combofield and eventually CD reduction e improvement from ShortFuse trait

Guys what do you think?
Do you like BombKit after the patch?
Do you consider acceptable my suggestions?
Do you have some nice suggestions to improve the Kit?

TY

PS. Sorry for my english, is not my mother language.

(edited by Paolo.1467)

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I have to admit bombs seem lacklustre ATM, using FT in a burning condi build seems better.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

meh waiting for bugfix for the range…

power build’s fire bomb does more total damage and vuln stacks than a grenade auto so its always worth using if a thing is stationary. confusion bomb isnt really worth using.

condi build… just needs forceful explosives.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Yup, I am a bomb kit fan myself and have used it for years, now it feels under powered and undervalued.

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, I like bomb kit, but even if they fixed this, I can’t say I’m a fan of the way the bomb kit looks now.

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I was just getting into bombs & loving the hell out of it, now it seems meh.

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Personally, I find bombs to still be awesome. If only for the stealth combos I can do which allow me to take on the likes of mesmers and thieves and even Rampage Warriors. It also allows me to mess up eles because D/D eles love to melee and you can make them feel stupid with a blind, confusion bomb combo.

But to each his own I guess.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Would appreciate getting some of those things (though a few are overboard), but what I most want back is the Elixir-Infused Bombs trait. It’s just such a unique playstyle. I like how different kits can be focused on to make them their own brand of awesome; Grenades can become group-wreckers with Grenadier (though they sort of are from the start), Flamethrower can become-… Well, a Juggernaut, with the so-named trait. Mortar becomes even more of a combo-field master kit. I suppose Elixir Gun doesn’t get a HUGE amount of focus, but HGH certainly helps it out a good deal, and it’s a fantastic support kit on its own.

The only two lacking any sort of trait-age that can make them into the primary focus for a build are Bomb Kit and Tool Kit. Bomb Kit USED to have it, and it’d be wonderful to get that back.

The class is always greener on the other side.

(edited by Toolbox.9375)

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Just fix the radius.

Adding Elixir Infused back onto the existing bomb trait might be nice for people interested in that as well.

The rest is far too much.

I Miss Booooombs!

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Just fix the radius.

and that’s it. Bombs WILL be very viable option.

Especially i remember on first stronghold open beta i was using extremly effectively…now it’s kinda something that is handicaped by bug…

I really would like to see them back in.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie