I'm moving 10 points but where?

in Engineer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Running the 20/10/0/20/10 condi build with pistol shield bombs. Im thinking of moving 10 points from explosives.

I have invigorating speed, and protection injection in alchemy.

I’m thinking either to go 30 alchemy for backpack regne or 20 firearms for precise infusion for perma vigor. Possibly 20 tools for cd on toolkit. Maybe even 10 inventions for protective shield.

Engineer has really great traits so I wanted to see what you guys think.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Why not go 30/10/20/10/0 nades/bombs/EG with power shoes as your movement increase? Pistol cooldowns really a arent that great with shield, and even more so with 3 kits. O you can freely have perma vigor too

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

my power build is 30/10/20/10/0 nades/rocketboot/tk and when i switch to my condi set and take pistol cds + IP i totally hate it just sayin

could be that i use pizza instead of lemongrass, and the condi clears are crap. i feel like i get soft cc’d for dayz.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Carpboy.7145

Well sure, but what engi build has good condi clear, other than HGH?

Lyss The Shadow

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

true dat
but its pretty bearable as rifle with 2 soft cc removals and spot damage condi removal on turret… rocket boots alone isnt enough

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

even hgh has terrible condi clear. idk why people think hgh is the ultimate condi clear build.

first of all you should have 6 elixirs: h, b, and s and their toss variants. each use only clears one condi… not really that good.

second, using elxir or toss elixir s to condi clear or stack might is a huge mistake. condi clear and might stackign is just an added bonus for those defensive cooldowns.

that leaves elixir b and h except you need to save toss elixir b for stability and elixir h is your heal. that really only leaves elixir b and toss elixir h as your reliable condition removals. and sometimes you can’t even rely on elixir b because it’s your only mobility skill and you used it to get to the point in time. luckily it has a short cooldown.
even with an hgh build you won’t beat a condi necro because they actually have good condi clear.

all of this doesn’t even take into the count the huge survivability hit you take traiting elixirs over other traits in one of the most powerful defensive trees in the game, and having elixirs as your utilities instead of more useful things like tool kit or elixir gun or whatever.

the engineer has the least amount of condition clear out every class in the game but we’re really strong in other areas both offensively and defensively so we make up for it. just don’t 1v1 any necros and you’ll win mostly every time.

as for the topic, 30 into alchemy for backpack regen. or use an energy sigil and adventurer runes and take prot injection, backpack regen, and auromated response in alchemy.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

even hgh has terrible condi clear. idk why people think hgh is the ultimate condi clear build.

Well on an Engi it is the ultimate condi clear.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

you also have two auto cleanses, hidden flask at 75% and one every 15 secs with transmute, alot of classes would kill for the 2 auto cleanses you just ignored on top of the other 12 cleanses/minute. an elixir build struggles with condi overload, but only necros do that anyway. I feel pretty confortable against conditions with my elixir build, unbeatable even.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

Why not 20 tools for the utility/crit Dmg and the 33% reduction on cripple chill immob?

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

in Engineer

Carpboy.7145

Why not 20 tools for the utility/crit Dmg and the 33% reduction on cripple chill immob?

Because that trait is pretty garbage. 20 tools doesn’t really offer anything for a condi build

Lyss The Shadow

in Engineer

oZii.2864

After playing around moving the 10 points different places I ended up going 30/0/0/30/10 Looking at the poison uptime numbers I can still keep it up IF all of poison volly hits and static shot is still good at 15 second recharge.

I picked up backpack regenerator which I was’t running so my alchemy is invigorating speed, PI, and backpack regenerator.

So far I like it.

{Thief}

in Engineer

Carpboy.7145

After playing around moving the 10 points different places I ended up going 30/0/0/30/10 Looking at the poison uptime numbers I can still keep it up IF all of poison volly hits and static shot is still good at 15 second recharge.

I picked up backpack regenerator which I was’t running so my alchemy is invigorating speed, PI, and backpack regenerator.

So far I like it.

Something you may have overlooked. The 30/10/20/10/0 build i recommended earlier has the heal also reset at 25% which is so awesome with HT. seriously its cray cray. You also get perma vigor instead if just 50% uptime. EG is basically rocket boots, just better. Acid bomb+a 180 turn is rocket boots, plus decent bleed/weakness spam on the auto, a heal field, and fumigate is a lot more poison uptime

Lyss The Shadow

in Engineer

oZii.2864

So far I like it.

Something you may have overlooked. The 30/10/20/10/0 build i recommended earlier has the heal also reset at 25% which is so awesome with HT. seriously its cray cray. You also get perma vigor instead if just 50% uptime. EG is basically rocket boots, just better. Acid bomb+a 180 turn is rocket boots, plus decent bleed/weakness spam on the auto, a heal field, and fumigate is a lot more poison uptime

20 inventions? What traits in inventions?

{Thief}

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

he’s talking about getting infused precision in firearms plus invigorating speed for the permanent vigor. power shoes is the 20 point trait in inventions to make up for the speedy kits loss. and the 15 point trait in inventions to recharge your healing turret once every 90 seconds. i’m not the biggest fan of the 15 point trait in inventions or the inventions tree in general but to each their own. the setup isn’t bad by any means and you should definitely check it out as an option.

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

i dont think id go with infused precision + vigor-on-swiftness in that setup, i just use power shoes and energy sigil and its enough.

20 inventions is really solid, power shoes + heal reset + choice of really nice adept trait. i normally leave stabilized armor in there. invis when immob is really nice too. or prot when crit. before power shoes was always-on… inventions blew. healy bombs or nothin, no in between. imo.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i agree the inventions tree did get some buffs but i feel it’s still so lackluster as a defensive tree in comparison to alchemy. i did manage to make a build using the inventions tree after they buffed to moderate success, but i stopped using it because grenades are too good and i’m not the biggest fan of the bomb/ft setup. sorry teldo qq

maybe the build will interest you op: the super defensive nodefighting build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vcAQJAqelUUp+q1axPLseNSESh9vvoH63yO+jC5yWA-ToAAzCpI0SplTLjWStsaN+YuA

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

oZii.2864

If your using Bombs do you guys think Short fuse and or Hair Trigger are must have traits? I seen some people saying that hair trigger isn’t really that important to have but not much on the bomb recharge trait.

{Thief}

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

short fuse is crowded out by IP in condi and power bombs dont need cds. maybe as a 30 trait if you dont take nades, but.. meh, i havent thought about a build like that.