I miss old med kit

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

It was so much better, at least for self heals. The new med kit can’t do kitten to myself or allies.

(edited by guildabd.6529)

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I miss Med Kit (current one) when it was bugged, healed for more than the tooltip, and it was useful for that one brief moment.

Anet could have taken that opportunity to spin a mistake as a blessing but… ;/

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

I miss Med Kit (current one) when it was bugged, healed for more than the tooltip, and it was useful for that one brief moment.

Anet could have taken that opportunity to spin a mistake as a blessing but… ;/

I never knew that, but yesterday i noticed that the “Throw Stimulant” from the trait heals for about 1686 health and the skills only for 528 health. Video Proof

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

It was so much better, at least for self heals. The new med kit can’t do kitten to myself or allies.

thats the thing though, a kit like this shouldn’t be used for self heals, but atm it doesn’t do self or group heals great

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

^

Thats the thing. Its unique in the way it works with a mechanic allowing us to get as close to single target ally healing as this engine allows. So why does other healing supports deal out way more healing in aoe? I have seen healing revs in action where they restore half my health with the click of a button, and not just me but everyone in the area, with a short cooldown. We arent even close to competing in that league, and we dont have to. But i dont want us to be in the D divison of healing instead of B or even C.

Before it was a tricky survivalist toolkit where you could build up stashes for you or an ally, but with the low duration and long cooldown on some skills it now feels akward to have to use it when you need them instead of when you can afford to place them.

Im not on the train to convert this to yet another spam heal in cone, the auto should only be strong in combination with the other skills. But the primary skills, that is the medkits really needs to be worth their cast time. The previous iteration with a bit of healing power and the 20% increased healing allowed you to place a 3 kit stack healing for 4-5k, equivalent of a lot of players self heal. With the new specializations and classes this is nothing special (especially considering the target limit and casttime). And a lot of us consider the old medkit to be superior to this one, now that they have reduced its burst, stacking and self healing potential and requiring even more time spent pushing bars. Not to mention the change to on heal effects triggering on kitswap (rip old friend, you would have been great with the new runes).

But in general arenanet have a hard time refining “purity of purpose”. They only use that to kill something doing more than it should, not to make something do what it really should be doing. I mean turrets making an area hard to capture for the mobile and glassy scout classes? Who would have thought!

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I feel like Medkit should allow us to click on allied players and throw Medpacks directly on to them as though they’re enemy players. The Medpacks can’t be dodged or negated by allies but can be by enemies. It would make more sense being able to directly throw heals on to people, imo.

And the AA would be nice if it could perhaps instead shoot healing darts at allied players. Maybe we could just repeatedly fire small heals at people instead of trying to Febreeze them with the crappy mist that we currently have.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I actually like what they tried to do with the medkit.

But the numbers… by the Khan-Ur, the numbers! While Bandage Self is actually a decent self-heal on a profession that has other healing, Med Blaster does less healing than Regeneration, which is ridiculous for something that requires a character’s full focus, particularly when some professions hand out Regeneration like candy for doing almost nothing. Like miriforst says, the skills, even the auto, need to be worth their cast time. Currently, they… just… aren’t.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

I actually wonder myself why they didnt make a buff to med kit a long time ago.

The community didnt care about the kit because being a healer was a nonexistent role back then?.

Thats the only opssibility i think of why engineers ignored the underwhelming state of this kit, it never hurt someones ass at the point of yell “nerf it to oblivion!!” like they did with turrets, this kit simply never got the love it deserved a long time ago…

My dream of being a support engineer would be acomplished, if this kit was worth the weight, the day it gets a buff directly or indirectly, and makes the kit workout, it would be peronsally my dreampatch.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

They tried, screwed it up a few times, gave up. It’s probably just not a priority for them and hasn’t been for years.

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

idk there is a ton of potential for redesign with how abysmally this kit performs. The pickup radius could be bigger or get rid of the ground targeting altogether and make each skill AOE for ease of use.

I miss old med kit

in Engineer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Making the skills simple AoEs probably would help. You generally can’t expect a player who’s under heavy pressure to look for pickups, particularly a non-engineer player who isn’t familiar with engineer pickups. There’s an argument for Throw Bandages, since a) just throwing bandages at people isn’t going to be particularly effective and b) the duration/recharge ratio is such that you can realistically expect to be able to set up a small stockpile, but for the others… might as well make them like thrown elixirs. Heck, treating them as elixirs for traits would probably be a significant buff in itself.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.