I need a good rifle power build for wvw.

in Engineer

Posted by: Radmage.3741

Radmage.3741

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIq6d3zSyF1LJxIFdW0gUkX/KqQ+/oQutF-jEyAY/gQfCSyTQMBqs2GKiGruGT5SEVbvLiWtUAjqMC-w

I want a power engi build but I don’t want to have to use SD is this an ok build? what are the first few problems that come to mind?

suggest a few different options.

edit: forgot rifle mods.

EDIT: NEW BUILD:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIq6d3zSyF1LJxIFdW0gUkX/KqQ+/oQutF-jUyAY/gQfCSCsIasthioxqpTquGT5Coijs9uIa1SBMqyI-w

MUCH more toughness at the cost of 10% crit damage.

(edited by Radmage.3741)

in Engineer

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

The first problem that comes to mind your armor being a bit low. But this is mainly because I tend to run tankier builds. Not sure if it’s a problem for you.

What will you do with your 10 remaining points?

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

He will grab Rifled Mods.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

You could always use a power variant of an HGH build, similar to those old school rifle builds that existed early in beta.

I’ve used one with the grenade kit before, such as: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlspSXHxSfF17ICoC5loHPGlNZfeMfPIEC-ToAg0CtI0RljLHjOygsBNo4QB

I haven’t used this build in awhile though, and I’d likely tweak it a bit if I did. You could swap out toolkit for grenade kit and put more points into arms or tools as well, or maybe elixir U for some burst and utility. It would basically operate in the same fashion as a condi HGH build except that you’re focused on direct damage.

in Engineer

Radmage.3741

You could always use a power variant of an HGH build, similar to those old school rifle builds that existed early in beta.

I’ve used one with the grenade kit before, such as: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlspSXHxSfF17ICoC5loHPGlNZfeMfPIEC-ToAg0CtI0RljLHjOygsBNo4QB

I haven’t used this build in awhile though, and I’d likely tweak it a bit if I did. You could swap out toolkit for grenade kit and put more points into arms or tools as well, or maybe elixir U for some burst and utility. It would basically operate in the same fashion as a condi HGH build except that you’re focused on direct damage.

Im trying to stay away from hgh grenades and SD builds, I like using stuff that people don’t usually see but I like using stuff that is effective.

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Engineer’s just aren’t any good in full DPS gear, unless you enjoy losing every 1vX and any 1v1 where the other guy sees you first.
With our relatively low damage and minimal survivability offered by our mechanic (as opposed to clones/stealth/evade of effective berseker classes) Engineers just won’t be anywhere near as effective without toughness.

In general regardless, DPS gear is bad in PvP.

If you want to run rifle, you want Knight’s armour & Weapons with Cavalier trinkets.
Some players like to include some vitality (soldiers) but vitality is not worth the stat points on Engineer or indeed most classes in my opinion. (Cleanse > Vitality. Vitality also reduces the efficacy of healing.)

With high toughness you should be able to run in zergs and be viable in higher skill level roaming.

In your build, you will be absolutely wrecked by CC, so be extremely careful with that. Engineers have some great traits to reduce that weakness, but it will cost DPS (well worth it in my opinion).

You will also struggle with Conditions, although if you intend to ZvZ and stick tight with the commander you probably won’t have anything to worry about there due to the cleanse spam.

Otherwise, good luck!

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

in Engineer

Engineer’s just aren’t any good in full DPS gear, unless you enjoy losing every 1vX and any 1v1 where the other guy sees you first.
With our relatively low damage and minimal survivability offered by our mechanic (as opposed to clones/stealth/evade of effective berseker classes) Engineers just won’t be anywhere near as effective without toughness.

If you want to run rifle, you want Knight’s armour & Weapons with Cavalier trinkets.
Some players like to include some vitality (soldiers) but vitality is not worth the stat points on Engineer or indeed most classes in my opinion. (Cleanse > Vitality. Vitality also reduces the efficacy of healing.)

With high toughness you should be able to run in zergs and be viable in higher skill level roaming.

In your build, you will be absolutely wrecked by CC, so be extremely careful with that. Engineers have some great traits to reduce that weakness, but it will cost DPS (well worth it in my opinion).

You will also struggle with Conditions, although if you intend to ZvZ and stick tight with the commander you probably won’t have anything to worry about there due to the cleanse spam.

Otherwise, good luck!

Question 1 : Do you even play GW2?
Question2 :If yes , you sure you posted this in the correct class forum?

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Engineer

Brew Pinch.5731

Otherwise, good luck!

Hahaha, send me a message in game. We will duel.
If you can beat me just once zerked up with no cleanse or CC breaker I will bake you a cake and mail it to America. Seriously.

You wouldn’t happen to be from SoS would you? Been loving wrecking those guys all week in WvW, they all run zerker! Hilarious.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rodigee.7139

Rodigee.7139

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIq6d3zSyF1LJxIFdW0gUkX/KqQ+/oQutF-jEyAY/gQfCSyTQMBqs2GKiGruGT5SEVbvLiWtUAjqMC-w

I want a power engi build but I don’t want to have to use SD is this an ok build? what are the first few problems that come to mind?

suggest a few different options.

edit: forgot rifle mods.

You will have survivability issues running full zerker, but the build is solid. I’ve been running nearly the same thing (personal battering ram instead of rocket boots) and having a blast with it.

Paris – Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: CenterOfTheHive.2169

CenterOfTheHive.2169

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0pyXH5ynF17IxIFdW0iek/K74PKkbaB-j0xAorgQFCS2rIaslxioxqXw0lER1e8ioVHFwFB-w

This is what I do in WvW. I do use the rifle, but I wouldn’t say that my build is based around it. Mostly used for flame aura and getting stealth combined with my flame and smoke fields. The only weakness this build has in my opinion is conditions, that’s why I take the runes of melandru and the XII trait in alchemy. Hopefully this can be of some use to you. The thing I enjoy the most about this build is the ability to run head first into the enemy zerg and coming back alive.

in Engineer

Radmage.3741

I added a new build, how should this one last?

in Engineer

Otherwise, good luck!

Hahaha, send me a message in game. We will duel.
If you can beat me just once zerked up with no cleanse or CC breaker I will bake you a cake and mail it to America. Seriously.

You wouldn’t happen to be from SoS would you? Been loving wrecking those guys all week in WvW, they all run zerker! Hilarious.

Why would i not bring Uti Gogs? come on lets be serious

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

I’ve done tons of roaming in berserkers gear. Can be quite fun, although you will run into matchups that you just can’t overcome with such a build.

It can work well in ZvZ too since you can pull out any squishy backlines and down them so fast that they won’t have time to rage quit before they die.

in Engineer

Brew Pinch.5731

Why would i not bring Uti Gogs? come on lets be serious

Sure mate, whatever you need, offer still stands.

in Engineer

I’m on BG.
Just add me and we can mingle somtime.

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Awww snap, I gotta see this.

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

@OP: You might want to check https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Engineer-Rifle-WVW-Roaming-video/first#post2841400 if you haven’t already. Someone posted a nice video there for a rifle power build (scroll up to the top, it’s in the first post there).

in Engineer

Posted by: Schakron.5813

Schakron.5813

Heya!! On my YouTube channel i post engineer rifle rifle vieos in wvw!I hope i can help you;)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPNc215aevAIHTGRy92SWmw

Schakron [Kodash]
Schakrina-Engineer/Ranger/Necro/Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSchakron