I need help please :) !!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Alex.8630

Alex.8630

Hiiiii guys i’m new 2 the game . I have tried most of the class in the game but not engineer . And i can t try it cause my pc broke i will have it soon …
Whateaver , idk how is engi ’s gameplay , is it more a dps or tank class ? More domages or condi ? And how to play it and is it good for : wvw ? Pvp ? Pve ? Thxxx

in Engineer

Alex.8630

Oh and please i’m not english so please easy vocabulary and i don t know the mmorpg vocabulary too

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

The class is great for both PvE and sPvP. Less so in WvW.

In Dungeons/Fractals the class offers a ton of DPS and utility.

Both Condi and Power specs are available. In PvE, Condi-based builds are more performant. The reverse is true in PvP.

Example PvP build: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Soldier_Rifle
Example PvE build: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Condition_Grenadier

in Engineer

Alex.8630

He is nor verry good 4 wvw ?

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I do not play WvW, so maybe someone who does should chip in, but my understanding is that this is correct.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Great for WvW in my opinion.

I have spent years as a map or guild pin running front line, and occasionally a mid line support. It is really good for roaming especially.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Engi is a lot of fun. There is a good deal of humor built into the different skills. You throw nails and drop glue to slow people down, wack them with a pry bar, fire a surprise shot from your belt buckle and you can use a personal battering ram to bop people away from you, etc. The profession also really does take a commitment to learn how to play, but it’s a lot of fun.

It’s the only one I really play. And they are fine in WvW, in both solo camp flipping, support, etc.

in Engineer

Alex.8630

should I take warrior or engi ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I play both, I enjoy both, I recommend both.

Engineer is my way of pushing myself always a bit more & becoming better at what I love, for literally all types of content, including WvW frontlining, while warrior is the perfect relax-class of that play, for moments when I just want to faceroll dungeons, or tank the frontline.
And then I have my ele & necro, rarely if ever used, when I feel like playing them… but I definitively suck at playing necro… have like 300h on him only. I guess I’m decent at ele, but definitively much space left for improvement…
And also I’m still working on ranger & revenant to get on lvl 80… Veeeery occasionally I have to add.

So yea, play engi, warri, or any of the other classes, it really depends on your preferences.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Hiiiii guys i’m new 2 the game . I have tried most of the class in the game but not engineer . And i can t try it cause my pc broke i will have it soon …
Whateaver , idk how is engi ’s gameplay , is it more a dps or tank class ? More domages or condi ? And how to play it and is it good for : wvw ? Pvp ? Pve ? Thxxx

the thing about engineer is it’s a jack of all trades you can build engineer for whatever you want , high dps, high sustain,support, condition, mixed .

i’d say one of the best Pve , and it is pretty good in PvP and WvW as well as long you get familiar with the profession it is definetly not a grab and go profession like others , but it is also not stupidly hard to not master just needs some getting used to

personally i’d recommend you to make an engineer simply because of that jack of all trades factor and fun gadgets and kits and stuff it is a very fun class overall

in Engineer

Alex.8630

Ok and what race is the most sexy ? ^^ this is just to know ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Ok and what race is the most sexy ? ^^ this is just to know ^^

That’s a pretty personal question. Normally speaking, it’d be humans. For people who love big hunks, Norn. For furries, Charr. For people who love rats and Napoleon Syndrome, Asura. And for those who are a little too fond of carrots and cucumbers, Sylvari.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I love my Asura. The animations and frantic pace of her feet go well with the humor of the Profession.