I require PvE build help with engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Strongback.6420

Strongback.6420

Basically, I’ve been rolling with grenades and my fingers can’t take it anymore.
So, I need a functional build that works that doesn’t use grenades or bombs.

I tried turret build, but throwing turret trait doesn’t work and turrets don’t crit and die easily.
I tried making elixir build, but the trait that reduces the elixir cooldown doesn’t work on Elixir X and offensive abilities were very limited.
I tried making a pistol build, but explosive shot didn’t gain bonuses from explosive traits.

So, can somebody please guide me to either a tanky build or a dps build that actually works properly.
Would love to use guns if possible but the bottom line is NO bombs or grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQFAUlspSXHvShF17IBoH13v9V0j8/YK/pAbB

This- With Knights gear so you crit often.

Basically: elixirs give you condi removal and DPS boosts, and support your allies with condi removal and buffs in general.

Rifle is there for big hits and critting to burn/bleed and give you swiftness+vigor.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: Synsane.5189

Synsane.5189

Make a build utilizing toolbelt skills. With the lightening trait Static discharge they are extremely powerful.

Rifle turret gives you a toolbelt skill that recharges in 8 seconds. The other choices are yours. I think utility goggles analyze is great because it’s instant and may be casted at any time during any action or stun just like rifles toolbelt.

But there are other great ones, so check them out at Heart of Mist.

High crit and power makes these very bursty, and they’re especially powerful because sigils work with them.

It’s preferred rifle, but I’m a pistol man; I enjoy also having static shot which also hits all targets.

Oh, make sure you have bag space, because in PvE with static discharge, you hit ALL the monsters which are mobbing atm. That means you’re looting pretty much everything. D;! Bag space disappears quickly during big events.

I don’t want to give you a build because that ruins half the fun.

Then again, I’ll link you my favorite Engineers guide to his Power Engineer video guide which utilizes the toolbelt skills for burst.

http://youtu.be/Dz_49j-ziKo

This is his improved skill build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQFAUl0pqdH5y4F17IxoHkuzbG0D9mX/KqQ+B;TsAg0Cno4ywlgLLXOukcNo4QxMCA

No elixir S so it has more burst. But you should always tweak builds to your play-style; this guy is a pro, so he’ll obviously play better than you with his build.

in Engineer

Lyuben.2613

I disagree with the toolbelt burst build, its not that great in PVE, in PVP its good but I habeeb OP wanted a PvE build, and the burst build is simply too squishy.

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

Rifle – hybrid build. (10 30 0 0 30) or (10 30 0 10 20) or (10 30 0 20 10)

I go berzerkers on my rifle + armor, with rampager jewelry + runes.

For utilities Healing Turret (or Elixir H if 20 in alchemy) Flamethrower, Elixir S, Free Slot

For the elite I use my racial hounds of balthazaar, or supply drop.

The traits are reduced vuln on crit , improved rifle damage, and juggernaut for firearms.

burn on crit for explosives

If alchemy protection injection at 10 points, and cleansing formula 409 at 20.

For tools static discharge, kit refinement, adrenal implant.

With high crit and power hipshot will do good damage from range and will stack bleed + apply burning. Flamethrower helps with this as well. When mobs get close you can use blunderbuss, swap to FT for the burn from kit refinement, use the flame wall + AoE blind then go back to rifle for jumpshot. After jumpshot you can use elixir S and heal and 4-5 non veterans will be dead.

The nice thing about this setup is burning and bleeding does a lot of damage. 550-600 on tick for the burning, but power moves like blunderbuss and jumpshot crit above 3.5k and 4k respectively.

I like to use bomb kit, or tool kit in the free slot since they give a nice bit of extra survivability and damage. The nails from tool + block are fantastic and the #3 does insane damage, or bomb the #2 and #3 are great and the #1 is still nice AoE. But I can easily put a rocket turret or rifle turret, or elixir in that slot.

Your survivability goes from blinds, and elixir S and timing dodge rolls, but you can easily build into elixirs to get more condition removal and protect on CC.

But its my by far favorite build.

It’s active with kit switching, has flexibility, and doesn’t end up as a (spam 1 key) build.

in Engineer

Lyuben.2613

Adrenal implant is in general a poor trait as it does not stack with vigor.

So, if you ever get the swiftness+vigor trait combo, you are doing twice as well as a grandmaster trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Persoally, I like a “do it all” build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQJAqel0pSYX3ynF1LJxoHd+zbOkC8bYQFy7nCsF;ToAAzCpoay0koJbTumkNNqYaB

*P/S……Rabid gear with full set of “rune of the undead”. Sigils of earth and fire. (i like to work in jewelry to raise crit chance a bit as well)

*Elixir R for stun breaker and the throw R that revives in an AoE and removes conditions.

*Elixir gun for all it has to offer, Poison, regen, condition removal, and the light fiels that can be blast finished for AoE retaliation, or placed that the enemy to remove conditions when shot through.

*In the final slot, either bomb kit for the fire and smoke fields, BoB for damage/control/blast finisher…….(for my play style, I have leeway to use various utilities in this slot

*I like Supply crate for PvE and sPvP, and mortar for WvW.

I fid this build works great i Dungeons, sPvP, and WvW. It can be adjusted for solo and damage set ups i PvE without needig to reset stats at all.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

(edited by coglin.1496)