I would like some Solo PvE advice

in Engineer

Posted by: Calenax.2405

Calenax.2405

I would like to start this up with the fact that I have never really gotten into this game much even though I have had it for a year or two by now but I started it up and started playing some Necromancer.

Engineer, Necromancer, and Ranger have all caught my eye in this game and I want to know how it fares up to the others in terms of a new player who has no friends on here just trying to PvE on his lonesome.

I have started my Necromancer and made him built for Condition damage because that seemed like a lot of fun and it is. He is only is his low 20’s so I can’t really gauge how well he is really doing solo because of how easy it is right now.

What kind of builds or playstyles does the Engineer have that make it fun for you or a good/bad pick compared to what the others have on offer.

Thanks

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Mate, instead of re-typing that that has been typed just cruise these forums….there are heaps of post about that what you ask and more. Just look around! Folks here are mostly keen to help and its been posted many times over. I myself am guilty of asking before looking, so yea, its out there.
And Engi is a lot of fun!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

1) 4 kit condi raid build
Pros:
-2x aoe pulsing blind(bomb kit, mortar),1x bouncing blind, 1x insta blind, 1x nade blind. You will never be hited by trash mobs. – great against many veterans
- good dmg, bombs and nades apply vuln, use burning
- good cc and mobility
- great in team events(organized)
- this is most used build for solo hard content (change off hand pistol for sheild and FT for toolkit)

Cons:
-buttons smashing
-lower burst
-not effective in core tyria
-meele range

2) chill drunk scrapper

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBtbhVXBmXBEqilJjKc7Smwieuz7AX8ZKgAA-TVSBQB3THQRUCdFlPfbCTEUCuv9HAwFA4BPAgDq+DpACcqF-w
Pros:
- easy to play
- 25 might stack, perma: fury, regen, swift, quickness, retalion, 60%-100% 3 stack stability uptime, 33-100% protection uptime
-stealth for skip
-great dmg if you are solo
-great defense and sustain(bunker down)
-great against blocking mobs(acid bomb)
-decent in aoe dmg
-decent team support
-can be effective in WvW solo roam

Cons:
- not effective in organized groups( you have your own boons)
- if run and kill everything, you must drinking and tossing elixirs to keep your boons up.
- weaker against groups of veterans mobs then condi build
- weaker in 5 man contents
- expensive (you must keep your food up)
- low cc
- after few hours can be boring to play

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

(edited by David.5974)

in Engineer

Posted by: pure.4293

pure.4293

1) 4 kit condi raid build
Pros:
-2x aoe pulsing blind(bomb kit, mortar),1x bouncing blind, 1x insta blind, 1x nade blind. You will never be hited by trash mobs. – great against many veterans
- good dmg, bombs and nades apply vuln, use burning
- good cc and mobility
- great in team events(organized)
- this is most used build for solo hard content (change off hand pistol for sheild and FT for toolkit)

Cons:
-buttons smashing
-lower burst
-not effective in core tyria
-meele range

2) chill drunk scrapper

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBtbhVXBmXBEqilJjKc7Smwieuz7AX8ZKgAA-TVSBQB3THQRUCdFlPfbCTEUCuv9HAwFA4BPAgDq+DpACcqF-w
Pros:
- easy to play
- 25 might stack, perma: fury, regen, swift, quickness, retalion, 60%-100% 3 stack stability uptime, 33-100% protection uptime
-stealth for skip
-great dmg if you are solo
-great defense and sustain(bunker down)
-great against blocking mobs(acid bomb)
-decent in aoe dmg
-decent team support
-can be effective in WvW solo roam

Cons:
- not effective in organized groups( you have your own boons)
- if run and kill everything, you must drinking and tossing elixirs to keep your boons up.
- weaker against groups of veterans mobs then condi build
- weaker in 5 man contents
- expensive (you must keep your food up)
- low cc
- after few hours can be boring to play

hi this look really like something i been looking for, to use with my scapper in pve. i have a few question about it since i dont know much about engii. First i dont have a armor set with commander stats i do have beserker set on my scapper with durabilty runes the build is not gonna be broken by this or?
and in the scapper trais line you use recovery matrix why not perfectly weighted? and why the elixer gun? its proberly because i missed something i the build or dont “get”
so just eager to learn here -_-

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Hi,
Look you will changing few traits depending on enviroment/situation/gamemod(can be well played in wvw) and your mood. So let’s start

Armor: Berserker is OK. Commander and wanderer is good suited to this build, because you get increased POWER from your toughness!! (10% scrapper trait, 7%food). So if you reach 2000 toughness you get ~ 30% dmg reduce and + 340power (17% of 2000tough). This is good passive advantage for solo play.

Another thing is, that you will have high boon duration which will grant you perma 7 boons. (And boons will boost you much more then ferocity in solo play)

Perfectly weighted is better (meaby I was miss click) recorvery matrix use only if you need heavy defense.

Elixir gun is excelent kit!
-stunbreak on tool belt
- another condi remove on 5 skill
- 4,5 and tool belt give you each 2 stacks of might
- acid bomb (4) is hard hiting unblockable aoe (use hit and swap to hammer to cancel leap – you will stay on place)
- some ranged option

Overall elixir gun don’t need trait to be viable!!! (Like granades, bombs, toolkit)

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "