[IX] Poliswag - FULL Arah P3 Solo

in Engineer

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

Hey guys, people expressed worry about me not showing Engineer soloing the orbs, the ritual, or the wraithlord – so here’s a re-edited, re-uploaded rendition of my last video.

The wraithlord fight did not need toolkit and I should have taken rifle/mines and gone full DPS, but the point here was just to show that it can be done.

During the ritual, it can be done much quicker if you take a second stealth consumable and don’t screw around like I was, haha.

I currently have a 3:10 Engineer Lupi solo video, but I’m not happy with it – once I get the proper RNG I plan to put one out for you all that’s ~2:00. Enjoy!

6/6/0/0/2 or 6/6/0/2/0
Zerk armor/weapons/trinkets
Scholar runes
Strength + Battle sigils
Koi Cake + 10% undead damage wrench

Music:
Mr FijiWiji – Fire Inside (Skrux Rework)
Metrik – Freefall VIP (feat. Reija Lee)
Ben Moon ft. Veela – Majesty
Elliot Berger – Diamond Sky ft. Laura Brehm (Skrux Remix)
Ed Sheeran – I See Fire (Kygo Remix)

Disclaimer: I own nothing in this video but the footage and gameplay presented; the recording software used was Open Broadcaster Software and all rights to the game belong to ArenaNet.

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

That was awesome. And about that lupi solo: That’s like half the time of the current record. Can’t wait to see it!

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

That was awesome. And about that lupi solo: That’s like half the time of the current record. Can’t wait to see it!

Elixir U on the wall.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

Elixir U on the wall.

^ Yep, that’s correct. In order for engineer to take it from 75%→0% you have to use rifle and trait rifle mod, tools, and take every single damage modifier that you can. Dealing with that, the horrid RNG on the Toss Elixir U, the RNG on the locusts, keeping above 90% hp, AND walking out of lupi’s melee range right as he kicks to avoid wasting dodges (to make up for not having vigor – it’s effective, but dangerous, especially when you have locusts on you), it’s a bit time consuming to have all of the variables add up, haha.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

I watched your last video ages ago, I had a really hard time replicating what you did with the first boss. I couldn’t manage to seperate them at all, so I actually had to fight them both at the same time. It was pretty chaotic, and it took me a lot of attempts before I got it – overcharged shot, rocket boots and bunker down was key though.

I really wanted to make an attempt at killing the 2nd boss with bombs and bunker down (kite him around the pillar at the back) but his attacks were just too hard to predict, I think you need to be an evade spamming warrior / thief if you want to do that? While the grenade method that you used is a garunteed way of killing him, I feel like bombs + bunker down would be faster. Bombs alone would be about the same DPS as grenades, but the added damage of bunker down should in theory make the fight at least 20% faster.

I got as far as the orb part but after at least an hour worth of attempts I just couldn’t manage to do it. I even tried opening up with the executioner axe rush + slick shoes toolbelt which goes way further than rocker boots, at best I could get just a bit past the corner right before the last orb drop off point. I also tries placing madkit in the path and dropping a create, it just didn’t seem to help me at all. Does wearing armor with high vitality help for this part at all?

(edited by Ameno.6813)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

Those are scholar runes? Not runes of strength?

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

It’s a waste of time to clear the mobs at the gate when you can just skip them. Also separating the bosses. The immobilize is dodgeable. If that fails you have 2blocks with shield or block and immob cure with rifle.
Bunker down is bad. Modified ammo is guaranteed while bunker procs are iffy. You can spam blocks and evades with perma vigor. You can even slot an energy sigil if you need more.
For orb solo you kinda need healing power because the damage is % not fixed. That means you die as fast with 10k as you do with 20k.

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Those are scholar runes? Not runes of strength?

scholar runes are higher dps

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Elixir U on the wall.

Ah… seems sort of cheap

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

The parts where you can see my character’s dreads are Strength runes. The Wizard’kitten (which I currently use) is Scholar; as I said, I just re-edited and re-uploaded the video.

Ameno, remember – Engineer damage is ~80% power, 20% condition. With nade spamming at range and a p/s combo with battle and strength, you improve both power and condition damage. The only real benefit of being in melee and bombing the mage crusher would be improved power damage, with marginal burn DPS and having to evade much more often. In contrast, with Shrapnel and spamming nades you can maintain 20+ bleeds on them, which is much higher damage output.

Robertul, bunker down is not bad. It’s superior in dealing with trash mobs as well as bosses which you can push around and stay inside. In order for the mine to trigger, the boss has to move into/over it. Overall, this improves our damage, but is another annoying mechanic you have to learn to abuse. Modified Ammunition is still fantastic, and personally what I use versus the VAST majority of bosses.

I realize that clearing the mobs at the beginning is inefficient time-wise, but it only takes getting caught once or twice and dying to the first crusher to be slower than killing them one by one. Ideally, yes, it is better to start the path dialogue, rush to the door, stealth yourself, select P3, run past the door and fight the mobs 1v2.

The only healing power you need is what will come with traiting 6 into inventions. If you trait vitality it’s actually worse; your med kits and heal restore a flat number of your hp, while the orbs deal a flat percentage. Thus, the less HP you have, the better. 00606 with power shoes + elite supplies, speedy gadgets + packaged stimulants + gadgeteer (not necessary).