Idea to balance Engineer(spvp thoughts)

in Engineer

Posted by: Bladerunner.5846

Bladerunner.5846

HI, I’m don’t play for long. My first character was engineer,(first few hundred matches) then i changed it for mesmer.
There is few conculsions, why engineer is slightly op atm.
1. Team Abjured(new) with 2 engies + 2 eles won against experienced/skilled TCG – fact
2. GW2 should be skill game, but some build like turret engie(out of meta though), are extremally good in normal pugs match. They’re totally brainless and affect good skilled players too. Many times when i owned others, they’re named me OP class – subjective( many whine threats about it, though)
3. Many times when i owned engie(as mesmer) , when they get “some space” …. they healthed like 50+% hp on short cd. (Compare: many others get 30-40%)

Me first idea to slightly nerf this issue is…
Nerf healing turret. Actually healing turret have 15sec. cd cooldown on pick up, and 20 cd on destroy it. it should be 20 cd on pick up/25 sec. cd on destroy it. This change will balance some meta builds, and maybe will push out brainless build out of game too. (due too less sustain/survivality)

Other idea is… make Crits affect turrets.

P.S . sorry for mistakes. English is’t my native language.

Constructive feedback will be nice, but trolling… pls don;t i hate it.

P.S 2 Healing turret don’t have any cast time. There is hard to stop heal engies again.

<>THX<>

(edited by Bladerunner.5846)

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I find it’s not the engineer itself, just that some builds are incredibly strong.
Celestial, in my opinion, would be the only build I might consider OP, because nades scale amazingly with both power and condition damage to be incredibly devastating, whilst engineers also make great use of healing power from backpack regen + healing turret in the cele build. BUT, like all engineer builds, it lacks condition removal, and the ability to break out of a CC chain (only having 1 stunbreaker). Turret engineers can be too easily dealt with by simply avoiding the point (4v5) and if there are two, then just keep home + zerg one of the turreteers.
And also, Team Abjured are new, but their players are most certainly not. Ostrich Eggs and Five Gauge are very good engineers, and know pvp very well.
That being said, healing turret is an incredibly strong heal, and I do believe this cooldown change would be reasonably fair given it also provides a water field.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You mention that the game should require skill, yet, you suggest nerfing the heal that requires the more skilled input then any other heal in the game.

The problem here, is if they listen to post such as this and nerf Healing turret. More post will come accusing the problem of being something else. Because changing healing turret won’t change much. Then they will nerf something else, and never revert healing turret.

Another problem I see, is that the OP put three numbers out there. So 1/3 of what he thought justified a nerf was that the abjured beat the team from his region of support. Implying they were just some joe’s off the street.

Personally, I still feel that IP is more of the culprit then anything.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

As Twig said it’s celestial & might stacking, Same problem causing elementalist to be so strong.

The easiest way to balance it without effecting other specs is to reduce how many stacks of might the spec can stack.

Some have suggested nerfing rune of might/holebreak & sigil of battle. While I do agree with nerfing sigil of battle (In PvP only) nerfing the other two would cause specs that are currently only moderately good to become worse.

Instead I think they should look at adjusting how well the trait HGH scales in PVP & how long the might it applies lasts.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

As Twig said it’s celestial & might stacking, Same problem causing elementalist to be so strong.

Explain that would ya? How were five gauge and ostricheggs problematically stacking might?

The build that folks are claiming is a problem, has no particular skills for might stacking, or fire fields. Would you mind detailing precisely how they are stacking might?

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Explain that would ya? How were five gauge and ostricheggs problematically stacking might?

The build that folks are claiming is a problem, has no particular skills for might stacking, or fire fields. Would you mind detailing precisely how they are stacking might?

Well generally speaking Engineers stack might via the trait HGH & elixers.
They also make good use of the sigil of battle which allows them to stack 3 stacks of might for 20 seconds (+ boon duration) every 9 seconds & sigil of might which allows you to stack 1 might every second for 10 seconds (+boon duration).

Nerfing those 3 things (In PvP only) would do a great deal to balance celestial builds.

As for how elementalists stack so much might. It mainly has to do with blasts on fire fields & the trait “Spell Slinger”. By reducing the amount of might stacks those grant (Again in PvP only) will do a great deal to balance celestial elementalists in PvP.

in Engineer

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Now as for balancing turrets.

Yes I do agree that they should be able to be crit & effected by conditions.

However I also feel that if this is done that they should have increased health as they would die far to easily without it.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

I am unclear why you brought up the elementalist portion here. I can only guess you thought I was referring to them as well. As this is an engineer sub forums, we should probably avoid discussing hem here.

I hardly find sigil of battle to be a problem, but I can see where you are coming from there. How would you suggest changing it?

HgH is an underwhelming build in my opinion, I hardly see anyone using it regularly for that reason. None of the engineers I know at all use it often in PvP. For the sake of argument though, how would you change it? While we are discussing it, if you feel it is a problem, would you mind finding any footage of the tournaments or high level play in which it is shown being used to stack might?

How would you propose nerfing boon duration? Do you really feel boon duration as a whole is a problem or simply "might duration? Personally I do not see a problem with boon duration.

However I also feel that if this is done that they should have increased health as they would die far to easily without it.

While I absolutely agree that players who invest in precision and condition damage deserve to see those stats effect every enemy target, wouldn’t you agree it would only be fair to allow the engineers condition damage, power, and precision effect turret out put as well? As of now turrets cannot crit, nor do they scale with power.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

They also make good use of the sigil of battle which allows them to stack 3 stacks of might for 20 seconds (+ boon duration) every 9 seconds & sigil of might which allows you to stack 1 might every second for 10 seconds (+boon duration).

Nerfing those 3 things (In PvP only) would do a great deal to balance celestial builds.

As for how elementalists stack so much might. It mainly has to do with blasts on fire fields & the trait “Spell Slinger”. By reducing the amount of might stacks those grant (Again in PvP only) will do a great deal to balance celestial elementalists in PvP.

hgh is.. nonexistent in high level tpvp
sigil of strength is only used to great effect on phalanx warriors, and not in pvp
enhance performance is strictly worse than incendiary powder in cele builds
without bombs or ft engi has no fire fields to blast

if something is too strong then it is cele amulet, runes of hoelbrak/strength/aristocracy, IP, sigil of battle, sigil of doom, or maybe a couple other things (like a distinct lack of boon removal in the meta)… but you have certainly only listed one thing that could be too strong for engi.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Ragnar the Rock.3174

hgh is.. nonexistent in high level tpvp
sigil of strength is only used to great effect on phalanx warriors, and not in pvp
enhance performance is strictly worse than incendiary powder in cele builds
without bombs or ft engi has no fire fields to blast

if something is too strong then it is cele amulet, runes of hoelbrak/strength/aristocracy, IP, sigil of battle, sigil of doom, or maybe a couple other things (like a distinct lack of boon removal in the meta)… but you have certainly only listed one thing that could be too strong for engi.

Celestial amulet itself is not the problem however.

Its the fact that (Some) [specs that use it can stack might (generally lots of it)

So instead of nerfing every spec that can use celestial what I’m suggesting is nerfing a few ways that the more offending specs stack might.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Where are those videos of high level HgH abuse?

If your going to repeatedly claim it is a problem, offer up some evidence would ya? As of now, all your doing us demanding a nerf for a a rarely used aspect.

I mean, I never play HgH, really. if they nerf it, it wouldn’t really bother me personally. Then I have to read the next thread where you inaccurately claim something needs to be nerfed, because it is a problem. Next thing you know, we will have less build diversity then ever, and all because posters continue to make inaccurate claims of this nature.

in Engineer

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I am unclear why you brought up the elementalist portion here. I can only guess you thought I was referring to them as well. As this is an engineer sub forums, we should probably avoid discussing hem here.

I hardly find sigil of battle to be a problem, but I can see where you are coming from there. How would you suggest changing it?

HgH is an underwhelming build in my opinion, I hardly see anyone using it regularly for that reason. None of the engineers I know at all use it often in PvP. For the sake of argument though, how would you change it? While we are discussing it, if you feel it is a problem, would you mind finding any footage of the tournaments or high level play in which it is shown being used to stack might?

How would you propose nerfing boon duration? Do you really feel boon duration as a whole is a problem or simply "might duration? Personally I do not see a problem with boon duration.

While I absolutely agree that players who invest in precision and condition damage deserve to see those stats effect every enemy target, wouldn’t you agree it would only be fair to allow the engineers condition damage, power, and precision effect turret out put as well? As of now turrets cannot crit, nor do they scale with power.

Agree, boon duration as a whole is not much of a problem as it requires you sacrifice allot of stats to get + all boon duration (in most cases).

This is not so true for + might duration.

Frankly I would suggest they either nerf how much + might duration some of the more powerful celestial specs can get (in PvP only) or reduce how many might stacks they can stack over a given period of time (Again PvP only change).

As for your reference of weather or not turrets should be able to benefit from the players stats (specifically + condition damage, + power & + precision)
Yes I believe they should, as should all “pets” weather they be temporary or not.

However As a trade off I also believe that all “pets” weather temporary or not should also be able to be crit & effected by conditions.
I also believe that should this change happen all “pets” should have their health levels adjusted for balance sake.

in Engineer

Ragnar the Rock.3174

If your going to repeatedly claim it is a problem, offer up some evidence would ya? As of now, all your doing us demanding a nerf for a a rarely used aspect.

I mean, I never play HgH, really. if they nerf it, it wouldn’t really bother me personally. Then I have to read the next thread where you inaccurately claim something needs to be nerfed, because it is a problem. Next thing you know, we will have less build diversity then ever, and all because posters continue to make inaccurate claims of this nature.

HgH builds were an example.

What I said was all specs that make use of or can make use of celestial stats should have their ability to stack might looked at and adjusted. (In PvP)

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in Engineer

coglin.1867

HgH builds were an example.

What I said was all specs that make use of or can make use of celestial stats should have their ability to stack might looked at and adjusted.

Mind listing what you think those specs are?

Mind explaining how they should be adjusted?

Here is a link to an editor. http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ build the builds in there, click the “get quick link” button towards the bottom, and link the builds here, would you please.

all specs that make use of or can make use of celestial stats is unreasonably and irrationally none specific in my opinion.

Blindly and unspecifically crying nerf benefits no one. The way your wording it is no worse then giving the cops all blind folds and telling them to go in and take down the bank robbers. Sure, we can fire in all random directions and eventually the profession will be so nerfed that no one plays it again. I on the other hand, prefer to have changes, discussed, and made, with a little more specifics.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Engies get 10 might stacks in PvP, slap a battle sigil on a yak (or any profession) and he’ll be guaranteed get 6 might stacks permanently with 0 boon duration of any kind. Hoelbrak/Strength runes and 4 points in Boon Duration get that to 9 stacks and 1 from the Hoelbrak on hit.

If the Engineer profession is to be shaved down, so be it, but there’s nothing to see here on the might stacking front. Celestial Engineer wouldn’t really be touched if Battle and Hoelbrak was removed. It’d simply be Balthazar and Geomancy/Doom to replace the Battle Sigil.

The only reason why battle sigil is chosen is because it fills the deficiency of Power stat that Celestial builds have. That doesn’t mean Battle Sigil/Hoelbrak is overpowered relative to other Sigil and Rune combinations.

If Engies are going to be shaved, it should be something to do with the Engineer profession and not a sigil/rune combo common to multiple professions.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Ragnar the Rock.3174

The main perps abusing might stacking + celestial stats, In my opinion anyway would be

Elementalist, warrior & engineer.

While some traits could be looked at to solve the problem the majority of it comes from 3 sources.

1: Blasts on fire fields.
2: Sigil of battle
& most importantly
3: The long + might duration on several runes like Strength, & HoelBrak.

What I suggest is simple. Just reduce the amount of + Might duration on the runes listed above (PvP only change).
If there is still a problem after that they could look at sigil of battle & or blasts + fire fields and adjust accordingly (again pvp only change)

I in no means suggest a flat out sweeping nerf, Just a slight reduction to bring some specs more into line with others.

Alternatively they could buff up more of the existing specs, that however would require allot more work.

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Abjured won cuz people from their team mained those classes.
Can we nerf thief too please? I mean they did have 1 thief!
TCG made it to the finals and almost won. We should really nerf mesmer, guard, war too!
I didn’t saw any necros in the finals. That means they need buffs!
Top logic. GG.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Okay, to say it more directly:
would a mod please close this thread?
It’s topic does not belong in this subforum, and that would have been enough reason to close it, even before people decided to turn this into a cesspool of toxic behavior.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Alternatively they could buff up more of the existing specs, that however would require allot more work.

What specs would those be specifically? Although you have been asked, you have clearly failed to list the specs you feel are a problem.

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Perma 20+ might stacking engi isn’t a thing at high level of play. I would argue that Abjured beat TCG mainly because they rotated better. The games were close TCG team comp didn’t seem weak at all Abjured just played better on the day.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

HI, I’m don’t play for long. My first character was engineer,(first few hundred matches) then i changed it for mesmer.
There is few conculsions, why engineer is slightly op atm.
1. Team Abjured(new) with 2 engies + 2 eles won against experienced/skilled TCG – fact
2. GW2 should be skill game, but some build like turret engie(out of meta though), are extremally good in normal pugs match. They’re totally brainless and affect good skilled players too. Many times when i owned others, they’re named me OP class – subjective( many whine threats about it, though)
3. Many times when i owned engie(as mesmer) , when they get “some space” …. they healthed like 50+% hp on short cd. (Compare: many others get 30-40%)

Me first idea to slightly nerf this issue is…
Nerf healing turret. Actually healing turret have 15sec. cd cooldown on pick up, and 20 cd on destroy it. it should be 20 cd on pick up/25 sec. cd on destroy it. This change will balance some meta builds, and maybe will push out brainless build out of game too. (due too less sustain/survivality)

Other idea is… make Crits affect turrets.

P.S . sorry for mistakes. English is’t my native language.

Constructive feedback will be nice, but trolling… pls don;t i hate it.

P.S 2 Healing turret don’t have any cast time. There is hard to stop heal engies again.

<>THX<>

1. That wins was incredibly close and I am sure they dont won just because 2 engis.
2. Every class has some braindead build. Ofc you can remove this build from game but you must also remove Hambows, PU mesmers, LB rangers, MM necros, ect.
3. Its not about more heal but about HP pool. Some classes get less percent per heal because they simply have more HP to heal.

All engi heals are designed with short cd to compensate very little condi removals. You cant simply nerf heal cd withou boosting other skills.

Turrets are already very fragile actualy problem can be turret regen trait. Its incredibly strong imo and its that reason why can be turrets so OP in some situations.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

The main perps abusing might stacking + celestial stats, In my opinion anyway would be

Elementalist, warrior & engineer.

While some traits could be looked at to solve the problem the majority of it comes from 3 sources.

1: Blasts on fire fields.
2: Sigil of battle
& most importantly
3: The long + might duration on several runes like Strength, & HoelBrak.

What I suggest is simple. Just reduce the amount of + Might duration on the runes listed above (PvP only change).
If there is still a problem after that they could look at sigil of battle & or blasts + fire fields and adjust accordingly (again pvp only change)

I in no means suggest a flat out sweeping nerf, Just a slight reduction to bring some specs more into line with others.

Could you share with us what is this op meta crazy might stacking engi build that is dominating at high lvl pvp?

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir