If Forge is AI based I quit!

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Please I am begging you don’t make it AI ANET.

in Engineer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

A little late for this request. If it is AI based, they won’t be changing the entire design of the elite spec this late in the process just because you threaten to quit. lol

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

A little late for this request. If it is AI based, they won’t be changing the entire design of the elite spec this late in the process just because you threaten to quit. lol

Don’t expect them to

Just venting

in Engineer

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

No class except Rangers will have some sort of pet control.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Engineer

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Why quit? Just don’t use the elite spec (like many guardians and elementalists will be doing).

in Engineer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Why quit? Just don’t use the elite spec (like many guardians and elementalists will be doing).

Or just don’t use the utilities and use the Hammer/Traits.

That’s sort of the thing about Elite specs… they’re far from ‘all in’.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

OR he can use hammer and ignore drones and use kits/elixirs/turrets :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

Yeah drones will be like flying turrets, at least that’s what i imagine…and turrets tend to not be so reliable anymore.

in Engineer

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Except if the AI is tied to the mechanics change instead of the utilities and weapon.

in Engineer

ronpierce.2760

Except if the AI is tied to the mechanics change instead of the utilities and weapon.

I guess that is possible. I get the feeling due to base-traits, the toolbelt might not change much if at all, similar to Thief, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I guess that is possible. I get the feeling due to base-traits, the toolbelt might not change much if at all, similar to Thief, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

That’s exactly what I’m excited about. They have to keep the toolbeltskills as they are, so what are we going to get? Is it something which will improve our toolbelt by adding something? Will it bring something completely independant to our toolbelt, like daredevil got one dodge bar more? There are so many possibilities and I can’t wait to find out what it is!

in Engineer

ronpierce.2760

That’s exactly what I’m excited about. They have to keep the toolbeltskills as they are, so what are we going to get? Is it something which will improve our toolbelt by adding something? Will it bring something completely independant to our toolbelt, like daredevil got one dodge bar more? There are so many possibilities and I can’t wait to find out what it is!

Weapon swap Engi. :P

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

No, just…. no….. please…..
That would be SO lame. I really hope for something more creative. x__X

in Engineer

Posted by: portedGoblin.7413

portedGoblin.7413

Drones could be anything really. When you think on it, many utilities are very similar
- Minions, you summon them, they do something while active and have an abiltiy each.
- Signets, passive benefit and also an active ability.
- Glint utilities, you turn them on for a benefit, and they have an active ability.
- Mantras, you activate them and they have 2 charges of their active abiltiy, but no passive.
- And I think spirit weapons too are similar.

Anyway drones can be something like this. Looks like a bunch of sheilds from the leaked icons. You summon them they fly around you giving some benefit, then they can land and activate a shield.

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Drones could be anything really. When you think on it, many utilities are very similar
- Minions, you summon them, they do something while active and have an abiltiy each.
- Signets, passive benefit and also an active ability.
- Glint utilities, you turn them on for a benefit, and they have an active ability.
- Mantras, you activate them and they have 2 charges of their active abiltiy, but no passive.
- And I think spirit weapons too are similar.

Anyway drones can be something like this. Looks like a bunch of sheilds from the leaked icons. You summon them they fly around you giving some benefit, then they can land and activate a shield.

I absolutely agree and looking at the icons I expect something similar to ranger spirits, but mobile. You summon them, they will give passive buffs to the party and get an order to create a defensive bubble like the healing or shield one. Maybe you are even able to move that bubble, by using the icons with drones and arrows on it?

in Engineer

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

It is pretty all in because you have to sacrifice an entire traitline in order to use that hammer.

in Engineer

ronpierce.2760

It is pretty all in because you have to sacrifice an entire traitline in order to use that hammer.

It’s not all in because you don’t have to use the utilities, that’s the point in regards to the AI complaint. I personally dislike Reaper Shouts for the most part, still love Reaper.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If it’s AI I just want an explanation as to why they felt it was a good idea at all. I mean, it’s not like they spent the last 3 years tweaking and tuning every AI based set of skills and in the end how many are regularly used? Yeah…

I mean they nerf are turrets to the point of uselessness then reintroduce another set of AI based skills… sorry but kitten off if that’s the case, I want an explanation on their thinking on why they felt that was a good idea.

EDIT: may come off as a demand, but I mean more that I think they should as we all know the issues involved with these types of skills.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

in Engineer

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Of course it’s AI, why else do you think minions were recently improved? Because they got a free fix from this spec, most likely

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Drones will stick to your body and will be untargetable and be most likely like mesmer mantras, just that they get chrages or rather ammo with our heat. Something like that :’D
#believe

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

spirit weapons for engineers…..lol

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Drones will stick to your body and will be untargetable and be most likely like mesmer mantras, just that they get chrages or rather ammo with our heat. Something like that :’D
#believe

This is what I’m praying for.

in Engineer

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Of course it’s AI, why else do you think minions were recently improved? Because they got a free fix from this spec, most likely

I hope not. AI specs in this game tend to underperform spectacularly.

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Even with the recent improvements to AI, I don’t think I would use them. NPCs and AI minions can’t jump up or down ledges, and are restricted to already laid out pathways, this makes them just wander off to try walking around obstacles instead of just… flying next to you.

There is also the issue of their passive playstyle. Engineers are much more dependant on their Utilities than any other class. We can’t afford to just slot in some quality of life or pet play, we need our utilities for “weapon swap”, condi removal, stund breakers and other survivability skills.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Just give us the hammer and leave engi as he is, i am afraid they will break something

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

Just give us the hammer and leave engi as he is, i am afraid they will break something

If the elite spec isn’t good for you, you don’t have to use it. There is no way how it could “break” the class. ^^

I’m hyped for forge, I got the feeling we will become better guardians.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

If the elite spec isn’t good for you, you don’t have to use it. There is no way how it could “break” the class. ^^

I’m hyped for forge, I got the feeling we will become better guardians.

But but i will use hammer and it only work with the elite spec, and deep in my heart i am hyped too, but where big hype is there is big disappointment

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

I think the drones will be a turret overhaul for the entire engi class, not just forge. That’s why they removed deplorable turrets! Forge will bring something cool in addition to mobile turrets.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Engineer

Kodama.6453

I think the drones will be a turret overhaul for the entire engi class, not just forge. That’s why they removed deplorable turrets! Forge will bring something cool in addition to mobile turrets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3l1ldo/spoiler_engineer_elite_spec_some_details/

Sry but this one sais you are wrong. Drones will be something for the forge only for sure. And if the drones were an “overhaul for entire engi class, not just forge”, why should there be drones on every single forge (or should I say scrapper now) artwork, if it isn’t tied to it? ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3l1ldo/spoiler_engineer_elite_spec_some_details/

Sry but this one sais you are wrong. Drones will be something for the forge only for sure. And if the drones were an “overhaul for entire engi class, not just forge”, why should there be drones on every single forge (or should I say scrapper now) artwork, if it isn’t tied to it? ^^

Well they wouldn’t show pictures of drones with a regular engi, would they? We will see.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Shhhhhhhhhhhh stop telling the secrets!!!!!

But hey I actually want AI drones for a build. Very minion mastery like. Which is what I like playing in PvE on my Necromancer in open world content.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jawastew.1304

Jawastew.1304

I would be soooo happy, if they would actually give us Weaponswap :D Then I could use my legendary Rifle (not going to play Warrior just to use my Legendary) and the Hammer ;D
would be kind of weird though, managing different weaponswap cooldowns.. but I would take the challenge :D

Having the Elite Spec transform turrets into drones sounds interesting at first, but that would imply them only adding mobility, which would be kind of lame.

I would really enjoy having something, you can tell where to go, give them certain tasks to do… they could implement a new window, like the pet window, where you can then choose the behaviour of your drones – “program them yourselves” but that’s just me dreaming :D

(edited by Jawastew.1304)

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Shhhhhhhhhhhh stop telling the secrets!!!!!

But hey I actually want AI drones for a build. Very minion mastery like. Which is what I like playing in PvE on my Necromancer in open world content.

Ok i’ll stop XD
And im with you, i dont minf if drones are AI either in fact i was goung to start a new topic but might as well adk it here: will people br dissapointed if drones are AI? Why?

in Engineer

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Please I am begging you don’t make it AI ANET.

Can I have your non account bound stuff?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Engineer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Time to quit OP, rofl.

If that’s the reason to quit, the problem doesn’t lie in engineer getting new AI based stuff.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Time to quit OP, rofl.

If that’s the reason to quit, the problem doesn’t lie in engineer getting new AI based stuff.

Wasn’t being serious about quitting.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Can I have your stuff

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Time to quit OP, rofl.

Now that the time has come, the big boi kitten dem pants eh ? heheh

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Time to quit OP, rofl.

Now that the time has come, the big boi kitten dem pants eh ? heheh

Riiiigth…

in Engineer

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Time to quit OP, rofl.

I haven’t seen any AI-based Forge spec. I have only seen an AI-based elite spec called the Scrapper. I guess that the OP has no reason to quit after all

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Time to quit OP, rofl.

I haven’t seen any AI-based Forge spec. I have only seen an AI-based elite spec called the Scrapper. I guess that the OP has no reason to quit after all

Hahha I CAN USE THIS! ":D