Impossible build

Impossible build

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Off the wall question, has anyone come up with a bunker “ish” build using Zerker gear.

I usually play a burst SD build and I have full ascended gear but I have been upset with my survival in WvW. (of course) I’m looking for a build using traits and utility’s for survival.

Any thoughts?

Impossible build

in Engineer

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

so how about looking yourself at your traits, utilities and skills, look what you definitifly need and build around it. Because we dont know whats your goal with the build, we don’t know your preferences, your playstyle etc.

Its faster & easier than you think instead of waiting that someone serves you a build on a silver platter.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

Impossible build

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

try berserker or Asasin for extra crit and Cavalier trinkets Power/toughtness/crit damage

Impossible build

in Engineer

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

so how about looking yourself at your traits, utilities and skills, look what you definitifly need and build around it. Because we dont know whats your goal with the build, we don’t know your preferences, your playstyle etc.

Its faster & easier than you think instead of waiting that someone serves you a build on a silver platter.

Agree, and it’s not to sounds like a kitten in the slightest. It’s just the way engi works honestly. We have the option to run “x” build and actually tweak it accordingly to ourself and our play style. So what may work for me, could be unplayable by you. And visa versa.

-> Go to a build website and sit there and take time to work out what type of stats you want to achieve.

-> pick your favorite utilities or utilities you wish to try to build around.

-> Then once you have a goal in mind start with your traits. Forget about the pres(2 stats each line effects) and go through each trees traits one by one and find the ones you like.

-> Then once you have the trait lines filled go to your gear and pick and choose each piece(s) to your goal stats.

-> Lastly, go to pvp and try said build out. :-) tweak as needed

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Impossible build

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

I’m not new to engi and looking for a build because I don’t understand the traits, I should rephrase my OP. I didn’t include any build here because I am open to anything that works well with zerker gear. I have full ascended and I just don’t want to go through getting another set atm.

I really lose the question to the forums because I can’t think of a way to maxamise my gear while at the same time being able to handle pressure from 1vx battles, or Zerg fights for that matter.

Just seeing if any experienced engi’s out there run a “bunker” like build while utalising “glass” gear and if they could share there experience on what the happy medium is. I really apriciate all the feedback so far, hopefully this clarifies my question a bit

Impossible build

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I feal always preaty tanky while running Zerker HGH+ Grenades. Ofc it is no “bunker” but much more sustain then SD is.

Impossible build

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

If you’ve got the laurels, you can keep your zerk gear and supplement with celestial, dire/rabid, knight, cavalier, or soldier trinkets for a more hearty build. Keep the gear, get new trinkets.

If not, then trait for survival like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqicnvy5F17IxIFdW0hUUY7L6h+tMlB-jUBBYfA0HAZmFRjVXDT5iIqGA-w

Assuming you’re not rocking overly expensive runes that you don’t mind overwriting, get new runes. 6/6 Altruism would boost your healing enough to maybe bring EIB like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIq6Znvy5F17IxoCdO0jCbf1K6h+tMlB-jkBBYfA0HAZmFRjtIsIas6aYKXER1A-w

You’re an engineer. Experiment.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Impossible build

in Engineer

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

Here’s something i just made on the spot based on your specifications.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIqiYH5y3F17IyIFdmoJSR+VZfe8WsFEC-ToAg0CnI4SxljLDXSuscNEZCB

Just play smart and avoid getting focused (with Blocks/Rocket Boots to escape) then proceed to tossing more grenades into a zerg.

I’ve never actually tried this build so tinker around as you like (especially with Runes/Sigils)

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard