Inc Perplexity Rune Nerf...

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Perplexity-runes/page/2#post2994201

Time to practice w/ Noble or Scavenging runes…

in Engineer

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

So is this like a reTweet?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Engineer

Posted by: Doctoris.2675

Doctoris.2675

If they fix the confusion duration portion on 2 and 6 piece so that it works and nerf it via an ICD on the 6-set proc, I think that could work out for the best.

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Guess I will just continue not using them.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Just replace w/rune of the undead, that’s what I use in spvp & it works great

All classes

in Engineer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

I replaced mine with scavenging. I’d love noble, but I’m not grinding boring pve just to WVW.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

HALLELUJAH (glory glory) HALLELUJAH (glory glory)

Since I laaaaaaiiiddd my burdens doowwwnnnnnnn

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I couldn’t care if they nerfed it or not. Average players using it seem to focus interrupting you and do kitten all damage in the process making them easy targets for me, in saying that at least it’s being put on par with every other rune now

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I never used em anyways but I can see how other engies would be affected enough to make a post about it here

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Finally i met too many tards last days what will never won a fight without them

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

This was more an FYI than a OMG the sky is falling.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

If you are a good player then this was just another tool in the backpack. Move along nothing to see here.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I will continue not using them. Cool.

And “nerf” doesn’t mean “obsolete”. Even if you think the sky is falling, some good alternatives: earth (with protection injection and that other protection trait that’s like permanent protection) noble (HGH without HGH and 150 condi damage on the side) tormenting (built for engis because of med kit, so nice) undead (yeah) and 2 fire 2 might 2 hoelbrak (HGH/Might stacking runes). Try it out.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I will continue not using them. Cool.

And “nerf” doesn’t mean “obsolete”. Even if you think the sky is falling, some good alternatives: earth (with protection injection and that other protection trait that’s like permanent protection) noble (HGH without HGH and 150 condi damage on the side) tormenting (built for engis because of med kit, so nice) undead (yeah) and 2 fire 2 might 2 hoelbrak (HGH/Might stacking runes). Try it out.

I love earth, Noble is looking good, and I still have 6 Forge runes sitting in my bank… maybe I will pull those out. But it depends on the actual “nerf” and if they fix everything that is incorrect about the description, or bring the rune in line with it. Really liking the confusion build anyway, might just keep it.

Anyone have a clue as to what new runes/sigils may be coming out for Halloween?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I just like them because they give both the shield skills benefits with a condition build. We are so limited on weapon choices that it is nice to see the shield at least get the opportunity for some damage. Would be nice to have a trait similar to mesmers conditions on interrupts. As long as I can still get consistent benefit on my uses of the 2 shield skill, I will not care how they change it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

The shield skills are two of the best weapon skills in the game. I’m sure they’ll be okay

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

coglin.1867

The shield skills are two of the best weapon skills in the game. I’m sure they’ll be okay

No ones asking you to like it, or agree, clearly a nerf has you dang near singing gospel. But given our limited weapons choices, I like to have damage benefit for one of my 3 choices. Its not an unreasonable concept really.

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

OP rune set that isn’t just OP on this class but just about every class gets nerfed. It really is not a big deal. They will likely tone it down but not break it. Not worth complaining about or singing over. It is what it is and was expected from the first time players used them.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

No ones asking you to like it, or agree, clearly a nerf has you dang near singing gospel. But given our limited weapons choices, I like to have damage benefit for one of my 3 choices. Its not an unreasonable concept really.

Neither of the other two weapons you can equip can do damage? I’m sorry you came to rely on the most broken rune this game has ever seen. It’s getting fixed, and rightfully so. I’m tired of dying to anyone with 10g to spend on them.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

coglin.1867

I rely on it? when did this happen? I am reasonably certain my friend, that I mentioned

I just like them because they give both the shield skills benefits with a condition build.

No need to put words in my mouth and say “rely” simply because you dislike them. No need to take your disliking of the runes out on me because I appreciate that they give a condition value to my shield skills. If your dying to “anyone with 10g to spend”, it has nothing to do with me.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

You sound like you rely on them, that’s what I inferred when you got very snappy just because they won’t make your shield godly anymore. I still don’t quite get how the shield is somehow your only option for damage.

I don’t know how this became an argument in the first place. The runes are being changed in a few days so it doesn’t really matter.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

coglin.1867

I did not get snappy my friend, you simply read that into it yourself. Then you Inferred something beyond that of my original meaning. As to how it became an argument, well inferring ideas then posting them as if I stated them myself tends to start issues, and c’mon now, you made a non-constructive post with nothing but a song refrain.

All that aside, I feel its fairly presumptuous to assume that any change to the runes will negate the benefit I seek from them. even if they add kitten or 10s ICD, my shield skills should have no trouble benefiting from them any less then they do now. I cannot think of many situations in which I use my two skills within that time frame most of the time anyway.

Did they actually confirm a change to the runes on Tuesday? They mentioned they were “on their radar” as well as a few other runes, and suggested it would be in the future but didn’t specifically say this patch., at least that is how it read to me. But who’s to say. How many threads swore it was changing in last patch for that matter?

Anyway, as I mentioned before, for the benefits I seek from it, the reasonable changes I for see will not effect me, as I mentioned.

in Engineer

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I did not get snappy

No ones asking you to like it, or agree, clearly a nerf has you dang near singing gospel.

Quite right, coglin. You’re full of dancing teddy bears and sunshine. Rainbows, even.

On a serious note, I’m glad these runes are being toned down. As someone on the original thread said, runes shouldn’t require counterplay. People are making these runes the core of their build rather than using them as an upgrade component.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Engineer

Posted by: Poliswag.8240

Poliswag.8240

It’s about time. Finally this class won’t be dumbed down through the use of these runes and we can have an exodus of the fauxgineers who’ve been making builds revolving around Perplexity. /salute ANet

[IX][oPP] Poliswag – Engineer

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Why would you assume to link these runes to our class directly? Or suggest it has anything to do with people playing? It benefits every class with a condition build. It works in conjunction for a mesmer trait that gives confusion on interrupts as well. thieves can spam the interrupts with #4 pistol skill. Warrior threads brag about it with mace/shield and other combos. Bow/Bow rangers can keep it in a constant rotation, as well as LB/GS.

To consider it conducive to the engineer is a very illogical view.

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

Why would you assume to link these runes to our class directly? Or suggest it has anything to do with people playing? It benefits every class with a condition build. It works in conjunction for a mesmer trait that gives confusion on interrupts as well. thieves can spam the interrupts with #4 pistol skill. Warrior threads brag about it with mace/shield and other combos. Bow/Bow rangers can keep it in a constant rotation, as well as LB/GS.

To consider it conducive to the engineer is a very illogical view.

I totally disagree. Concerning Rangers, I have one at 80 and tried out perplexity on him with a greatsword/shortbow build – the projectile stun/daze can be bodyblocked easily, while the 4 on the greatsword requires baiting the enemy and taking a chance that they’re spamming a skill after they hit you to proc perplexity. The 5 you have to be in melee range and it has a long startup frame to execute – one of the most predictable abilities in the game. Rangers are fine with it.

Engineer? Pull, big ol bomb, shield 4, shield 5, crate, flamethrower knockback, and the list goes on. Pull is very easy to hit if you disguise it and chain it with distracting effects, big ol bomb is a huge area interrupt, shield 4 is easy as heck to land because it’s AoE right up in somebody’s face, shield 5 you tap it twice and get 5-10 stacks on the person almost every time, crate is chance / wait until someone is channeling and boom easy stacks, flamethrower knockback is cone aoe, so on and so forth. All of these are extremely simple to land, and coupled with the confuse from pistol 3, confuse bomb, and pry bar, makes the class a joke to play. People who can’t play the class well pick up the rune fall back on as a crutch – and I’ve even had people admit to it. There is nothing skillful about sitting there attempting to interrupt every attack to abuse an already broken rune set.

Exodus, you really can’t come sooner.

in Engineer

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

I personally use perplexity runes in my wvw roaming build. And i probably will after the (much needed) nerf. We can stack 12+ confusion without it, the increase in duration is really great for itself, having a ICD (which is probably the nerf incoming) on che confusion on interrupt won’t change anything, it will make perplexity a viable runeset for those who want to focus heavily on confusion instead of being the only choice of most people due to it’s OPness.

I don’t really get all the panic about this nerf, perplexity will still be a great runeset for engineers. No more thiefsmers probably, but that was ridiculous in the first place..

in Engineer

coglin.1867

I can list every stun/daze/knock back/blow out/knock down for every profession. It will not link this rune set to them anymore then the engineer. Thinking of it as associated with any one profession and arguing in favor of that logic is pure fallacy. Just as its illogical to argue as you are, that for some mystical reason, the engineers interrupts are magically easier to land. Thieves can shoot out of stealth, with no fore warning, with pistol #4 and spam their stun to interrupt at will.

Perhaps you need to play more professions, get out into WvW more, watch more videos, or simply expand your knowledge of other professions. Because its become pretty much common knowledge that engineer are not even in the top two professions when it comes to benefiting from this set.

Every professions forums has this thread. Its truly amazing how at least one person from every profession is on their making some poor attempt to convince the community that their profession is the one milking this set the worst.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Poliswag.8240

I can list every stun/daze/knock back/blow out/knock down for every profession. It will not link this rune set to them anymore then the engineer. Thinking of it as associated with any one profession and arguing in favor of that logic is pure fallacy. Just as its illogical to argue as you are, that for some mystical reason, the engineers interrupts are magically easier to land. Thieves can shoot out of stealth, with no fore warning, with pistol #4 and spam their stun to interrupt at will.

Perhaps you need to play more professions, get out into WvW more, watch more videos, or simply expand your knowledge of other professions. Because its become pretty much common knowledge that engineer are not even in the top two professions when it comes to benefiting from this set.

Every professions forums has this thread. Its truly amazing how at least one person from every profession is on their making some poor attempt to convince the community that their profession is the one milking this set the worst.

Engineers abuse the runes harder than any other profession because of how their kit is already set up. We can stack 14+ confusion stacks on a single person, not including these runes, and condi bomb them to all hell.

I’d say I’m rather knowledgeable in this game, considering I have 6 level 80s and 1400 hours on my Engineer – my video is “T1 solo roaming engi – uncut footage” on the front page here, you can decide for yourself. I main this profession and it’s rare as all hell to come up against another Engi that ISN’T using perplexity, especially when compared to every other one. Thieves would probably place in second to Engis on that front.

That’s fine though, you can tell yourself whatever you have to as you abuse this rune set to at last be able to kill things in WvW. Perhaps once they’re fixed you can go back to rolling your face over your keyboard on a Necro. Toodles.

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

I stopped using Perplexity last week. That said I have no problem with it as is. 3 words.

Stability and Block.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Engineers abuse the runes harder than any other profession

Weird, every single professional sub-forum swears the same thing to me. Whats makes your fallacy, er, um, I mean testimony special? I have all the professions to 80, and all i see every time I visit the various professions forums is everyone making inaccurate claims of this nature.

in Engineer

Tyaen.5148

Mesmers have way more potential with Perplexity than Engineers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

This Rune makes engineer not op i have played it some weeks now i try scavanger rune and i like it too, noble rune is to much pve farming.

The confusion duration seems not to work so it is not so good i think, as engi you can stack 12 confusion without this rune.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

in Engineer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Mesmers have way more potential with Perplexity than Engineers.

Surprisingly, no.
They have less AoE interrupt, and their natural confusion application is inferior to the engineer’s. They would be a close second though.
Personally, whatever the class, I find this rune gives too much access to a niche condition. No rune can give perma chill or perma immo ; perma confusion doesn’t strikes me at good for balance.

in Engineer

Alkaholic.3875

False alarm, runes were NOT nerfed/balanced in any way. Pewpew away…

in Engineer

coglin.1867

False alarm, runes were NOT nerfed/balanced in any way. Pewpew away…

They never said they would be. It was just a classic case of players reading what they want into what an Anet employee said. They stated runes were not getting worked on this update and stated it was balancing professions only. All they said in reference to these runes, was that they “would be looking into them in the near future”. after this update.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

It’s in the OP of this thread…

Let’s hope near future means one of the upcoming patches. I was hoping it was fixed before the first WvW season, but if it’s in the next week or two that’s good too.

Jade Quarry