Increased Movement.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Khoshy.2461

Khoshy.2461

One thing that sorta gets to me is that engineer is the only adventurer profession that does have skill that increases their movement speed.
I know that we can use Speedy Kits and get a temporary 5sec swiftness, but it sorta annoying how you keep equipping your kit.
Does anyone else wish the ArenaNet had put a skill that gives engineers a passive 25% movement increase?

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Engineer is the only profession without Signets – it’s kind of a flavor thing. Speedy kits is a unique Engineer playstyle, and I like it. Our utility slots are too important as is to dedicate one to movement speed. Personally, I’m good with not having to take a utility, haha.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Well we got power shoes, I would just like it to work out of combat as well though.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Power Shoes – Inventions VIII – 25% Faster Movement speed in Combat
Leg Mods – Tools X – Move 10% Faster while using an unarmed kit.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Power Shoes – Inventions VIII – 25% Faster Movement speed in Combat
Leg Mods – Tools X – Move 10% Faster while using an unarmed kit.

I’m not even sure why leg mods even exists, its so pathetic. Only a 10% increase that gets overwritten by any other speed boost? And only when you have grenade/bomb/med kit on??

It hurts to just think about it >.<

The 10% movement increases in other classes were brought up to 25% but ours stayed the same wth >.>

(edited by Penguin.5197)

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Agreed it should be buffed.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

Please don’t let any Mesmers see this thread! They would kill for something like speedy kits :P

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: ABCD.3965

ABCD.3965

Please don’t let any Mesmers see this thread! They would kill for something like speedy kits :P

Agreed, but I’ll kill for everything mesmers got too

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

You guys got it good with speed right now… speedy kits is a guaranteed 100% uptime on swiftness which is 33% movement speed. Better than other classes 25% movement speed increase

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

You guys got it good with speed right now… speedy kits is a guaranteed 100% uptime on swiftness which is 33% movement speed. Better than other classes 25% movement speed increase

you’re forgetting those classes not only have 25% on traits but also usually have another 25% on signets wich makes them have 100% uptime 33%(out of combat) without swiftness and all the while giving them extra speed during combat wich you ll lose once in combat . enter combat and use slick shoes’s tool belt skill and you ll see how fast they really run 100% of the time during combat and then laugh at your swiftness.

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

you’re forgetting those classes not only have 25% on traits but also usually have another 25% on signets wich makes them have 100% uptime 33% without swiftness and all the while giving them extra speed during combat wich you ll lose once in combat . enter combat and use slick shoes’s tool belt skill and you ll see how fast they really run 100% of the time during combat and then laugh at your swiftness.

Not to mention all those gap closers/openers that engies severely lack. Its very tough to chase someone down even at full swiftness when they are using those skills to move away quicker.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

you’re forgetting those classes not only have 25% on traits but also usually have another 25% on signets wich makes them have 100% uptime 33% without swiftness and all the while giving them extra speed during combat wich you ll lose once in combat . enter combat and use slick shoes’s tool belt skill and you ll see how fast they really run 100% of the time during combat and then laugh at your swiftness.

Not to mention all those gap closers/openers that engies severely lack. Its very tough to chase someone down even at full swiftness when they are using those skills to move away quicker.

another valid point, try out run or chase: a thief NOPE shadowstep/teleport spam with pistol and dagger or shortbow or sword , ele ride the lightning , warrior sword #2 greatsword #5. you get the point.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

This is what really gets me.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Haha I know right. Figured our cc would be enough to balance it out.

“No worries they won’t escape from me I got net shot!” * Net flies slower than a crippled engie* Ehh they got away.

“No worries they won’t escape from me I got glue shot!” * glue flies slower than net shot* Ehh they got away.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

you’re forgetting those classes not only have 25% on traits but also usually have another 25% on signets wich makes them have 100% uptime 33%(out of combat) without swiftness and all the while giving them extra speed during combat wich you ll lose once in combat . enter combat and use slick shoes’s tool belt skill and you ll see how fast they really run 100% of the time during combat and then laugh at your swiftness.

Except that no speed boosts stack in the game.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

I dunno, there are a lot of melee characters who never even touch me in WvW when I’m playing engineer.

Inir [CAT]

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cube.1758

Cube.1758

because all you do is run?

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: karavik.4803

karavik.4803

IMO make jump shot range longer. Rocket boots propel you forward instead of backward. That would put the engi in better standing with gap closers/escapes

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

One thing that sorta gets to me is that engineer is the only adventurer profession that does have skill that increases their movement speed.
I know that we can use Speedy Kits and get a temporary 5sec swiftness, but it sorta annoying how you keep equipping your kit.
Does anyone else wish the ArenaNet had put a skill that gives engineers a passive 25% movement increase?

They keep on nerfing the weakest class in the game because their crakittenest-dummies they use for combat testing keep telling them that we are overpowered so I doubt very much they’ll actually give this class a faster run speed on-when-out-of-combat trait or skill attached to a kit because that would prolly make us useful in some capacity or make gameplay a little bit easier. Sorry for the sarcasm but it’s been almost a year now and we’ve not seen an improvement on this class.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Where do i have to sign?

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Engineer is the only profession without Signets – it’s kind of a flavor thing. Speedy kits is a unique Engineer playstyle, and I like it. Our utility slots are too important as is to dedicate one to movement speed. Personally, I’m good with not having to take a utility, haha.

that is true but we have gadget’s. wouldn’t it make sense to add a passive moment increase to lets say slick shoes and an activation skill for some effect.

Utility googles: increase precision.

and such, i would rather gadgets to mimic signets and have some sort of use.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Merlin.4058

Merlin.4058

Kinda agree. When playing WvW, I tend to get left behind when moving with a group. I tend to look at the guys that are with me in the back and there’s a lot of engies around me. Movement seems very much a weak area that we have. Don’t get me wrong we have a lot of short movement tricks we can use in battle but if things go south, we don’t flee as well as other classes.

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

I think power shoes (VIII) should reduce speed reduction in combat
and Leg Mods (X) should reduce cripple and chill slows by 10%
Is it too OP of an idea?

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

(edited by Super Riceman.8702)

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Haha I know right. Figured our cc would be enough to balance it out.

“No worries they won’t escape from me I got net shot!” * Net flies slower than a crippled engie* Ehh they got away.

“No worries they won’t escape from me I got glue shot!” * glue flies slower than net shot* Ehh they got away.

Nicely said, and many WvW engies been saying this for months. Swiftness is pretty much a given in WvW it’s gap openers & closers that matter. Worth repeating of course, as a dev might accidentally click on this forum

Increased Movement.

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

heres all devs gotta do : Power Shoes: gain an 25% movement speed (at all times)