Insert sad face here.

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cenixx.2594

Cenixx.2594

I am currently level 51 with engi and I just feel bored, disappointed, unenthused, and just plain out crappy. I should be having fun leveling! I love engineer PvP and thats what kinda made me decide for engi in the pve aspect but geez, I didn’t think it would be like this. The damage is, lackluster to say the least, most of our utility skills are broken (ie; don’t do good damage, aren’t consistent, etc.)

I really wanted Engi to work but I just can’t do it. It’s too stale.

Adepts – Engineer – [IvI] I Vs I Me Bro – Isle of Janthir

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorrow.7452

Sorrow.7452

This was a build I used:

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#McMM9mmroRMmroRM0xa0xoVsVosV

Preferring crit damage, and power as primary stats.

You’ll get incredible burst damage. I’ve seen 6k crits on the landing of jump shot, plus its a mobile playstyle with perma swift and you won’t be tethered to any turret’s aside from supply crate.

I also have a bomb build that is pretty ridiculous, you can AoE several mobs at once or go toe to toe with a veteran, and do it all with your eyes closed. But it is pretty bad in WvW unless you want to hang back and support.

Honestly this class is really versatile.

(edited by Sorrow.7452)

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Cenixx.2594

This was a build I used:

You’ll get incredible burst damage. I’ve seen 6k crits on the landing of jump shot, plus its a mobile playstyle with perma swift and you won’t be tethered to any turret’s aside from supply crate.

I’ll go ahead and try this out. Since I’ve already leveled past half way I’m willing to try anything to not have to start over. lol

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I personally think the problem is to many levels, for a game that is suppose to be more PvP based, 80 levels to start is a pretty rediculous number. I’m not saying its hard or that I dislike the game but I certainly didnt buy GW to PvE myself to death.

I realise I don’t have to level bu I still feel obligated to level for some reason.

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorrow.7452

Sorrow.7452

This was a build I used:

I’ll go ahead and try this out. Since I’ve already leveled past half way I’m willing to try anything to not have to start over. lol

Use all the utility skills at once, including the vulnerability condition from the goggles, and you won’t be disappointed. At 80 with the masterwork invader set and beryl orbs on all my gear I was getting over 2k crit hip shots. Blunderbuss and jump shot are just insane when they crit.

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: aflarge.1439

aflarge.1439

Don’t give up on the engi so fast. It’s one of the more difficult classes to master, but it really pays off. I can’t imagine that any other class is more versatile, and frankly no other class can come anywhere near the engineer in the “So cool!” factor :P

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Cenixx.2594

Don’t give up on the engi so fast. It’s one of the more difficult classes to master, but it really pays off. I can’t imagine that any other class is more versatile, and frankly no other class can come anywhere near the engineer in the “So cool!” factor :P

this isn’t the first time I’ve almost given up on it. did the same thing around level 25-30.
Maybe the class just isn’t for me.

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I personally think the problem is to many levels, for a game that is suppose to be more PvP based, 80 levels to start is a pretty rediculous number. I’m not saying its hard or that I dislike the game but I certainly didnt buy GW to PvE myself to death.

I realise I don’t have to level bu I still feel obligated to level for some reason.

Not only this game has never claimed/advertised to be PvP based, but 80 levels are just fine when the exp required for the next level doesn’t scale exponentially. Seriously, it takes like 10 days at a moderate pace to reach max level? Doesn’t seem too much to me, especially when it’s only helpful ( and not mandatory ) for WvW

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

I noticed that whenever I was almost due to buy the next training book, I started feeling desperate that Engineer was boring/weak/“aah I want to roll another profession!”, and when I bought the new training book the feeling would go away.

I wonder if it’s because the game difficulty is not on par with when you get new traits, or if it’s just novelty.

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: aflarge.1439

aflarge.1439

this isn’t the first time I’ve almost given up on it. did the same thing around level 25-30.
Maybe the class just isn’t for me.

Oh, if you’re straight-up not having fun with it, I’d definitely say change classes(no sense playing a game that you’re not having fun with)

I thought it was more along the lines of you liked the class, but you were having trouble being effective with it.

Insert sad face here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Odin.8691

Odin.8691

i will admit that the flame thrower made me want to play an engineer, but it sucks. now that i realisedits glitched and underwhelming, im not really trying to level it until they fix it. just remember that they have 7 other professions to choose from, i would suggest a warrior!