Interrupting Acid Bomb all the time :<

in Engineer

Posted by: Ashlee.8409

Ashlee.8409

Hey guys..
I’m interrupting my Acid Bomb all the time when i try to just cancel the jump. If I try to cancel a bit later, i’m jumping back the whole way.. srsly i’m too dumb for acid bomb >_<
Any ideas? :S

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Practice!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Ashlee.8409

Ashlee.8409

I do not have any problem with it when trying out of fight ;S just in fight

in Engineer

Posted by: Dimes.6024

Dimes.6024

have to agree with Vee Wee

and check your fps and latency lag – it may be an issue if you have that problem in fight only

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

You can’t really be too late..just mash the stow kit button.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Don’t DROP the kit via the same key as the key is → use the WEAPON SWAP key! There is a difference!!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Don’t DROP the kit via the same key as the key is -> use the WEAPON SWAP key! There is a difference!!

While I’ve never practiced it a lot, those times that I did try to cancel the jump (maybe around 20-30 times in total or so haha) (and yes, I used the weapon-swap key), I also sometimes canceled the actual cast (thus nothing happened at all). Some other times I simply got the message “You can’t drop a bundle mid-air” (and jumped the full distance) and sometimes I canceled the jump while flying around half of the maximum distance (no idea how that happened, since well… can’t drop bundles mid-air I’ve thought? xD). I’ve never managed to actually stay on the spot and still casting the skill, like I’ve seen it being done in videos.

So yeah, I can totally understand that people have problems doing so. I can only guess it needs a lot of practice until you manage to reliably hit that 0.1-second window where you need to press the key to cast Acid Bomb without moving backwards at all (just doing a tiny jump upwards). ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Yep, it’s just a practice issue. Obviously as others have mentioned, the smoothness of your connection and fps can also have a fairly large impact, so it can be difficult at times to pull off in large events.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Ahh now I understand. I guess you interrupt yourself by canceling the skill. You swap to early I think. Look at this awesome paint drawn picture I just made xD

greez Ziggy

€dit: Oh yea and if you want some ingame demonstrations or lession about engi, just pm me Ziggs Ironeye <3 glad to help new ingis ^.^

Attachments:

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Engineer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Ahh now I understand. I guess you interrupt yourself by canceling the skill. You swap to early I think. Look at this awesome paint drawn picture I just made xD

greez Ziggy

€dit: Oh yea and if you want some ingame demonstrations or lession about engi, just pm me Ziggs Ironeye <3 glad to help new ingis ^.^

LOL dat infographic!!! Cheers!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

greez Ziggy

beautiful

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions