Is HgH really OP?

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

It doesn’t matter if it requires more or less skill, it’s probably overpowered because it gives you too much (condi cleansing, condi burst, might stacking, range aoe, boons, with some luck protection, and decent armor). Sure you don’t have tanking, good mobility or more than one stun-breaker, but as a roamer, the build is too good.
They should probably nerf it, and when they do it I don’t know what build i will play in spvp, the others that i tried seem to be way worst.

This. This exactly.

The build is so kittening balanced and an exceptionally good player with a good team can make up for its faults and exacerbate its strengths.

For the record I meant that it’s balanced as in its able to compete in a large variety of situations, from 1v1s up to team fights. That’s pretty rare to find, especially in a build with as much damage as HGH.

If you take a look at the poor, poor necros you won’t find em trying to push far point and you won’t find em melting anything as fast as an HGH engi

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

yet poor necros will absolutely demolish you and your build with the press of a button available every 40 seconds ^^

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well necros these days starts to be dangerous. Until now they was just freekills what annoy you with fear while you finish them. But last week I met some wierd confusion/bleeding necro what melt my p/t/v bunker in 3s. I dueled with him about 5 times with same results.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

There´s an interesting quote from dev Robert Hrouda concerning skill and OP-damage-abilities (comparing Thieve-GC to 100nades):

Because there is play in thief burst. There is play there, and that spike isn’t a single attack that’s 150% your max HP in damage. Thieves need to execute a series of skills in a row, in which at any time the victim has the potential to mitigate or have some sort of play to save themselves or stop the thief. You just don’t see that with the 100nades stuff, or its a window so narrow that we as devs weren’t happy with the play from both sides of the equation as attacker/defender.

According to that there shouldn´t be a nerf to HGH (though kind of saying 100nades was easier to pull off than a Thieve-burst makes me speechless . . .)

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: King Stinkeye.3560

King Stinkeye.3560

I would like to see that Thief Dev fight the Engi Dev that posted his turret build not long ago.

Man of Many Stinkeyes
[DAWN]

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Why OP? We still dont do DMG like Thief,Ele or even War, and right now people crying that HgH+Condi is OP? WOW

im impressed.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

If u go power/conditionDmg in pve/wvw with 100% duration your damage goes up to 5000+ dps. That’s more than a GS warri does. You are able to run 1 vs 5 in WvW or defending tower 1 vs 20. That’s close to OP. But for sPvP it’s fine balanced.

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Well necros these days starts to be dangerous. Until now they was just freekills what annoy you with fear while you finish them. But last week I met some wierd confusion/bleeding necro what melt my p/t/v bunker in 3s. I dueled with him about 5 times with same results.

How does a necro apply confusion in a duel?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

How does a necro apply confusion in a duel?

Necro has no access to confusion 0o

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

yes, they do. corrupt boon and well of corruption will both turn retaliation into 3 stacks of confusion.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Is HgH really OP?

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

yes, they do. corrupt boon and well of corruption will both turn retaliation into 3 stacks of confusion.

this mechanic works in a similar way to warrior warhorn 4 which converts condi into boons. it is not random, retaliation ALWAYS turns in to confusion in a corruption pulse.

The more you know!

Today’s message was brought to you by N, A, K, and the number 81.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.