Is condition engineer fun?

in Engineer

Posted by: Luvok.5697

Luvok.5697

I’m thinking of creating an engineer. Is condition engineer decent? Or is it still pretty much about stacking zerk gear and blowing things up? My other classes function that way but I’m looking for something a bit different. Thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

yeah its fun

/15conditions

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Condi engi is a blast, Power rotation is a little more fun with having to do the acid bomb thing, but I like condi as i’ve been having a lot of lag and I don’t have to worry about screwing that or jump shot up, and it does better in defensive setups (p/s + TK) so yeah, condi all the way.

Downside is mainly constructs and anti condi enemies.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Aside from the lack of flexibility you have with utilities to be top condi damage, the condi build doesn’t have a stun break. It doesn’t come up often but when it does it’s really irritating to not be able to break out of stun.

I use Reactive Lenses but it’s still bugged and doesn’t activate on most CC.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

There is not only one condition build. What game aspect we are refering to would be helpful to be honest. Because you generally build differently for PvP then WvW then PvE. But yes, I think they are fun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

OP asking if it’s “still about stacking zerk gear and blowing things up” leads me to believe he’s talking about PvE. In this case there is 1 best condi build by a fairly wide margin. If you drop FT, bombs, or grenades from that build you’re losing a lot of damage. You can do it, and in fact you may have to in certain fights, but you do lose a lot.

Certainly in PvP you’re right Monkey, there’s a number of builds you could be using many of which can be very flexible. I’m not sure that’s what the OP was asking though.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Luvok.5697

Luvok.5697

Sorry, I should have specified. I’m probably more interested in WvW and PvP at the moment but sure, occasional dungeon/fractal as well. I’m just looking for something a little different than stacking as much power as possible for damage and thought that a condition build looked pretty fun.

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Condi engi in pvp is the kitten bang snap dizzle

in Engineer

Posted by: Nekrothaft.6390

Nekrothaft.6390

Is there a simpler condi rotation that won’t make me feel like I’m an imbecile?

“Necros are in a good spot”…. let the kitten sacrifice commence.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

With HoT Engineer goes into direct damage direction. Condi engi is fading.

in Engineer

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

So that’s why condi engi’s were doing so well in raids. Condi engi’s appear to be much stronger than direct damage scrappers.

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

I do not care about pve. My eyes are on sPvP

in Engineer

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Even in PvP I can’t imagine direct damage scrappers coming close to rabid engi’s.

in Engineer

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

PvE, Condi Engi is okay. It’s really just choosing how complex you want your damage rotation to be, with Sinister Engineer having more kit-flipping for a little more damage.

PvP and WvW especially, Condi Engi is a blast. You can go full Burn (P/P+etc.) and surprise targets with ~15 stacks of Burn buried under 7 trash condis, or you can even it out between Burn and Confuse with P/S+Tools+etc. for a solid build that doesn’t suffer from putting everything in one condi.

My current WvW roaming build is the following, with either the standard Dire+Rabid (maximum all-in Burn) or mixed Shaman’s+Apothecary in preparation for HoT (similar amount of Burns, much better defense).

Incendiary Powder, Rocket Kick, Blow Torch and Air Blast will give you 9 stacks of burn before you start adding anything else (Kinetic Charge+Incendiary Ammo, Balthazar HT proc, Napalm, Crate, et al), every 15 seconds. It’s predictable but also a ton of fun.

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

Even in PvP I can’t imagine direct damage scrappers coming close to rabid engi’s.

Rabid engi is not in the meta right now, not even close. Rabid FT builds are a one trick ponys, easy to counter in group fights and with HOT and the new heal possibilites it is getting worse.
I love my pistol/pistol engi but in the meta is not room for this at the moment.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Sorry, I should have specified. I’m probably more interested in WvW and PvP at the moment but sure, occasional dungeon/fractal as well. I’m just looking for something a little different than stacking as much power as possible for damage and thought that a condition build looked pretty fun.

its the same old kitten, stack one, stack the other, but whatever you do dont make the mistake of being noncommittal. go all the way and stack SOMEthing without trying to be everything.

I do not care about pve. My eyes are on sPvP

look at cele or marauder.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

shredder gyro could really help engis in fire fields – but for some reason i think its application of burning bolts is bugged…

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I’ve pretty much never run anything but Dire/Condi/Perplexity Engi. I pretty much only run WvW.

This will change once HoT is released though. I’ll be switching to Power hammer.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

There is not only one condition build. What game aspect we are refering to would be helpful to be honest. Because you generally build differently for PvP then WvW then PvE. But yes, I think they are fun.

This is why engi is fun as a class, it’s the most versatile without a doubt. Engineer is in my opinion the highest skill cap class and Condi is my favorite but I love Power too, ooh and lockdown is great and I have a hybrid healing bunker that’s sick… Yes Condi is fun it’s an engi and Engineers are fun to play.

Condi is the highest boss fight DPS if you land perfect rotations give it a go, you’ll love it.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in Engineer

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

Condi engi is my absolute favourite condi build to play, I only play WvW:

This is what I run in solo/small group roaming:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh2tYtWw+KQ+FLsFF4HWiBgYHVFPxYOOG/IA-TFyCABAcCAOZ/hU0DglSBfU/JRlgZpsb6HAApAWUaE-w

You have a solution for every problem in this build, there are only very few counters and sometimes you can still pull it off if you play your cards well.

Try this combo on someone and have a laugh:

Pop Incendiary Ammo → Toss Elixir S → Toss Elixir X → Blowtorch their face → Swap to Elixir Gun and Fumigate them for condition extravaganza → Swap to Flamethrower and Air Blast them as soon as they are coming/come out of Moa form.

I tried Power Scrapper on this last BWE and it looked fun and strong in some aspects, but I don’t think condi build will lose flavor.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in Engineer

Posted by: Pikachu.1829

Pikachu.1829

How is Engi going into direct damage direction?

Raid wings stack sinister Engi, at least that’s what I heard of. They deals the highest sustained DPS and their damage mostly ignore armor. It fits perfectly for HoT.

in Engineer

Posted by: Loki.9412

Loki.9412

@lahm, I really like your build, which amulet would you recommend to convert it to a pvp build. It’s the only thing that annoys me about pvp, especially condi builds, is that the amulets force you to take stats you don’t want, there’s no condi, vit and precision amulet for example, or even a condi, vit, toughness. I feel I need a bit of extra survivability.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

@lahm, I really like your build, which amulet would you recommend to convert it to a pvp build. It’s the only thing that annoys me about pvp, especially condi builds, is that the amulets force you to take stats you don’t want, there’s no condi, vit and precision amulet for example, or even a condi, vit, toughness. I feel I need a bit of extra survivability.

This build loses oomph in PVP where amulets restrict stat distribution and the lack of food impacts the build somehow. But it would still work I think.

For amulet, I would either go with Rabid or Celestial, swap stack sigil for sigil of bursting.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

The build is a variation of probably the most effective (relatively speaking anyway) PvP engineer condi build.

It is usually run with rabid. I have seen carrion used as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

You can make a really strong pvp build with Firearms/Alch/Inventions.

Take P/S, Healing Turret, Bomb Kit, EGun, Elixer B, Mortar Kit.
Cele Amulet, Pack Runes
Firearms (2,1,3). Alchemy (2,3,1). Inventions (1,3,2)

You are extremely tanky can easily handle conditions from nearly all other builds. Fields for days, easy might stacking, high fury uptime, HPS is nuts with Super Elixer + Backpack Regen + Regen Boon + Elixer Shell on a point. Its something like 1k HP/s with all of them ticking. The real weakness of the build is that you CANNOT lock people down or chase them but for conquest its incredible. You can also blind spam with Flash Shell + Smoke Bomb + Static Shot.