Is it possible to have an all kit build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kairnabel.1542

Kairnabel.1542

Q:

Just tested a utility build in AC with Med, Flamethrower, Elixir and Tool Kit and it went fairly well (I know! Kind of a bit a mess!), but I wanted to ask you guys if you had a similar build to that because I’m kind of curious and having trouble of finding a trait build that goes along with it…I thought it could work because it gives an extra heal, a stun breaker, burning, poison, vulnerability….You name it.

I know it’s kind of a stupid build/question, but I want to know if there’s actually someone running like that. Thanks!

Edit: I’m actually running Rabid…Although it could work with Celestial’s…But I keep the opinion to you! Example build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQBYEZ0jPL0EtQPsPJUwAVouA

(edited by Kairnabel.1542)

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

well I think the way to build it would more than likely be 20-30 tools, and then firearms / alchemy to take advantage of the EG / FT traits.

You can get nice might stacking from FT with juggernaut, good crit / crit damage, increased FT / EG damage, reduced cool downs on FT / EG, kit refinement for additional skills like projectile reflects from med / ft or quickness from TK. Speedy kits for perma swiftness. From alchemy you can get backpack regenerator for another constant heal, or the added damage trait, and the vigor on swiftness to pair with speed kits, which gives you perma vigor for faster dodge roll regeneration.

I’d run it with a power toughness setup like knights myself. You have a lot of good hard hitting power moves, but if you went pp condi is an option as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: Moonrabbit.1543

Moonrabbit.1543

There was an all kit build that was reputedly top dps in PVE: the sickman syndrome:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/PVE-The-Sickman-syndrome

Have not heard a lot about the merits of all kit builds in many months.

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Where is your damage kit?

Damage kits: Grenades, Bombs
Utility Kits: FT, Tool Kit
Support Kits: EG.

in Engineer

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

For PvE, i would suggest Grenades, Bombs, Elixir Gun.

I would swap out Bombs for FT (for Fire field) or TK (for Running stuff) as necessary.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VW;4Z;0h0f6sTFx0;9;49T-T-4;047B;119A;1O;5itaQitaQ00F_1;5Vq5rar5sas5ta-uVIF310;9;9;9;9;9;47I0;1V5k3k

Here is the build I am shooting for, just need to finish up the gear. It isn’t a fully kit build, but I pretty much spend all of my time flipping back and forth between the flamethrower and elixir gun. I understand I could do more damage with bombs or grenades, but I don’t like either of those kits. Bomb kit forces me too close to my enemies, and grenades….well I just plain suck at grenades.

Besides I think the might stacking makes up for it. Between Juggernaut, HGH, Elixir B, and the Superior Sigil of Strength maintaining a minimum of ten stacks of might at all times is super easy, so I don’t have, nor foresee, any damage problems.

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Technically its only possible to have an all Elixir build as we have both a healing and elite skill that are Elixirs.

Barring the Elite option, an all kit build would likely make use of Elixir Gun, Flame Thrower, and either Tool Kit or Bomb kit, with Med Kit being the obvious healing skill choice.

Personally I’d go Pistol + Shield (sigil of corruption and sigil of purity) with a 0/20/20/20/10 for this kind of build and use Rabid gear with Runes of the Undead, and all Valk accessories (back piece being Zerker). Use Fire Forged Trigger, Juggernaut, Protective Shield, Reinforced Shield, Invigorating Speed, Deadly Admixture, and Speedy Kits. For less focus on Pistol + Shield you could put 20 in explosives instead of inventions to get Enhance Performance, or pull 10 from inventions and toss 10 into Tools to get Power Wrench. Traiting out of inventions I’d recommend different Runes though, like Runes of the Forge or Runes of the Thief.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

(edited by Obscure One.4357)

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I don’t think it’s a bit of a mess at all Kairnabel. FT & EG synergize nicely as a damage/support set, and even their traits overlap. TK is a great bundle of defense (shield, cripple) and offense (magnet, prybar, toolbelt). You get a lot of utility out of those kits. Use P/S and you’ve got even more utility with that wonderful shield offhand. My FT build always had EG. Actually, most of my builds have EG lol.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

All kit builds are very viable and can be quite beast.

I definitely prefer healing turret over med kit for most situations though. I was Heal turret, Bomb kit, Tool kit, and Elixir gun. Its especially great now that EG tool belt breaks stun on a short CD.

I also really like Flamethrower, Tool kit, and Elixir Gun together.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

I run 30/10/0/0/30! full berserker with 4 kits(med, grande, bomb, elixir) and it works amazing!

I make it viable for fractals 48+ but then again, it might just be my weird play-style

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I ran a 0/20/0/30/20, Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, and Tool Kit build for a while, and had some fun with it. Flamethrower, with Fireforged Trigger, Juggernaut, and Deadly Mixture, was my main dps, switching to EG and Tool kit when I needed it. Pistol and shield were my actual weapons.

Thinking back, I probaly didn’t need to spend 30 points in Alchemy for a non-HGH build, but I wanted to have both Deadly Mixture and Backpack Regenerator on at the same time. If I ever did it again, I would probably do 30 in tools instead, picking up a grandmaster tier trait and reducing the cooldown on Bandage Self and EG’s stun breaker even further.

Which remindes me; if you’re going to use Med Kit as your heal skill, at least 15 points into tools is, in my opinion, a must; Not only does it make Badage Self have have an even shorter cooldown but the master trait resets the cooldown of all your toolbelt skills when you go below 25% including bandage self and EG’s Healing mist, and I don’t belive it has the same 90-sec internal cooldown that Automated Healing Response has (or at least, it doesn’t say it has a 90-sec cooldown).