Is it possible to have both autocast AND smartcast enabled?

in Engineer

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I would like the ‘atuo attack’ #1 ability of my grenade kit to use both smartcast and autocast at the same time.

I don’t like having to press ‘1’ a million times each fight. Imagine having to press ‘1’ twice each time you wanted to swing your greatsword on a warrior or guardian?

I would like my engineer to throw grenades as fast as he can, to where my mouse cursor is.

Individually both pieces seem to work just fine, but I’d like to get them both to work at the same time

in Engineer

Posted by: Jarl.8607

Jarl.8607

To the target if one is active or the cursor if no target is active. Sounds perfect to me.

Engineer – lvl 80 – Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: Creature.9476

Creature.9476

Autoattack is not something you can enable for ground targetted AoE attacks. So unfortunately; no, you can’t add that.

It’s also not something you should expect to see implemented, since it is not available to any profession that has a groun target skill.

Knowledge is meant to be shared

in Engineer

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

If you use smartcast, you turn your ground targetted aoe attack into a mouse cursor targetted aoe attack – at which point there is no reason it couldn’t be autocast .

in Engineer

Posted by: Creature.9476

Creature.9476

Except for it would then be all grenades all the time. Any skill has to have a target, an the autocast will break on range. While it is technically possible to implement the solution you want, I doubt it is on the horizon for this game because it would not fit with how all other skills act.

If you are really wanting this to work, you can get a macro for your mouse or a keyboard that can use macros to automatically hit the skill of your choice. I had to test this at home, but yeah: I set up my keyboard to keep throwing a grenade of my choice for a long as I hold down my left mouse button.

Knowledge is meant to be shared

in Engineer

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

When I play other classes, I just spam 1 anyway, because it tends to bug and stop auto-attacking.

in Engineer

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

How do you suggest autocasting on a targeted AOE skill should work? It doesn’t currently work for any other targeted AOE ability in the game, why should grenades be something special? I wouldn’t mind if grenades weren’t a targeted skill btw (making them work just like they do underwater).

What I’d like to see is another AOE targeting mode where the AOE would be targeted where your currently selected target is standing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rick.1378

Rick.1378

How about just having it autoattack regardless of where you point the cursor (for fast ground targeting) or where you place the aoe outline. You just need to place the cursor/outline before the casting animation/bar finishes. This would take away the constant finger destroying mechanic, but also allow players who like it that way to leave it as it is. I’d be happy with something like that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

The amusing thing about all this is imagining people’s reactions after the fight.

Not to the massive amount of grenades that flew during the battle, though – to the endless spamming of grenades until the person using them realizes that they’re going to continuously autocast to wherever their mouse cursor is, and that to fix that they need to turn off autocasting of their ground-targeted skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jarl.8607

Jarl.8607

How do you suggest autocasting on a targeted AOE skill should work?

1. Get in water.
2. Autocast grenades and observe how it works.
3. ?
4. Profit!!!

Engineer – lvl 80 – Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

How do you suggest autocasting on a targeted AOE skill should work?

1. Get in water.
2. Autocast grenades and observe how it works.
3. ?
4. Profit!!!

Underwater Grenade Kit does not require a ground target.