Is it so hard to FIX TURRETS + TRAITS?

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

It feels like everything turret related is again totally borked! Is noone even testing the changes you guys are making before releasing them? Its more than a YEAR now and I can’t remember a day where I wanted to go for a turret build and everything worked like it should.

Since last patch every overcharge is in his own way bugged!

Rifle Turret with +Turret Range Trait"
- Overcharge does NOT give 50% faster firing rate + it totally bugs (=does not shoot at all) when you click it in the “wrong” moment. Shoots up to ~1400ft.

Rifle Turret without “+Turret Range Trait”
If you activate overcharge it suddenly is able to shoot up to 1400 ft perfectly fine with overcharge and shoots correctly 50% faster like it should do WITH trait lol

I dont even want to start with what the other 3 turrets do/shoulddo lol… madness!

I rarely see anything else bug thiefs,necros and mesmers in a sPvP match anymore, I guess I speak for a lot when I say it wouldnt hurt to give us at least the abilities we should have had since day 1 in order to not make the setup in these matches even worse…

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Amusingly, having looked at the mentioned class forums (Necro, Mesmer and Thief)…Thieves have a thread about Stealth Haters, wherein some Thieves are speaking against Stealth, Necros have threads about how Consume Conditions has become overpowered, and a Mesmer is calling the Portal skill they have detrimental to the game as a whole.

That said: I’m amazed at how consistently Turrets end up broken in some way. First, Deployable Turrets was almost nonfunctional. Then, several months later, they fixed it…only to break it again a month later, with the cooldown changes not working on one or two of the turrets. Now they’ve got Overcharges only sort of working, and the fire rate of each skill being inaccurate, either due to a stealth nerf, forgotten patch note, or a bug in the skill itself that may well have been there since Day 1 that managed to fly under the radar. I’m hoping they fix something with the next patch.

in Engineer

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

I defend the devs a lot… there is a lot of silly QQ on these boards.

But the amount of bugs in the game this long after release is pathetic, it just seems to affect Engies the most because we have so many skills and utilities that use unique game mechanics that do not seem to be very consistently rendered.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: mecra.5780

mecra.5780

Frankly, being a new person to the game, I find the polish of the game almost comically newbie. Turrets don’t work, the TP can’t sort by class or armor type, NPC audio has no distance altering, and world bosses as simply stand in one place and shoot till dead. Being and Engie makes the first point especially annoying since “Turrets” is the REASON I went Engie in the first place.

Should have went Necro if I wanted pet diversity.

Oh well, time to chalk up Engie to being like Star Was Galaxy Commando which was a working class probbaly 6-7 months after release. :/ But that was Sony.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i ran rocket turret for the toolbelt skill for a while. the toolbelt ability was good, but the turret’s health was halved by an auto attack of a crested raptor.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

Posted by: mecra.5780

mecra.5780

I hear that. Turrets should actually have a large amount of HP since they arne’t mobile like other pets.

in Engineer

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

What are you people doing wrong? Aside from the overcharge not working right, my turrets last against just about everything except for the Veterans and Champs. I can go through dozens of bait and pulls without worrying about my turrets dying. Maybe that’s just my Flamethrower talking.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

At lvl 80 and especially in any kind of pvp, turrets go down when a critter accidently walks by them. They have the resistance of a lvl1 turret with 7-12000 hp, but each sneeze takes 50% of them, noone really needs to target them actively, they just die in any super weak aoe instantly. Overcharge not working is just one thing, makes them just more useless as they are already. I would LOVE TO PLAY A TURRET BUILD, but right now its just not possible… gave them all a testride in the mist just now, all ranges + overcharge + trait tested…. 50% they stop doing anything when starting the overcharge, 50% of the time they stop doing anything even after that too, its just sad

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Welp, another issue with Turrets, this time involving the Achievements – effects like using Detonate to Interrupt skills or the Cleansing Burst to clear conditions simply don’t count, as far as the Achievements are concerned.

in Engineer

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

At lvl 80 and especially in any kind of pvp, turrets go down when a critter accidently walks by them. They have the resistance of a lvl1 turret with 7-12000 hp, but each sneeze takes 50% of them, noone really needs to target them actively, they just die in any super weak aoe instantly. Overcharge not working is just one thing, makes them just more useless as they are already. I would LOVE TO PLAY A TURRET BUILD, but right now its just not possible… gave them all a testride in the mist just now, all ranges + overcharge + trait tested…. 50% they stop doing anything when starting the overcharge, 50% of the time they stop doing anything even after that too, its just sad

Lol. That problem goes away when you attack again. None of the skills seem to hook or trigger off of autoattack. While you can run around and keep the autoattack going, if you trigger overcharge, you have to start the autoattack again to get the turrets to respond before the turrets will re-acquire targets and fire again. Annoying, wastes part of the overcharge, and needs to be fixed, but you can get them to respond again. Works for me. Test it and verify my results. It could help ANet fix the turret issue.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.