Is mortar #5 and #1 combo bugged?

in Engineer

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I did multiple trials and ask around in Heart of the Mists but none were able to get the combo Regeneration to work with the Mortar kit. We tried using #5 then fire at an ally and ourselves. No one received the health regeneration boon, is there something we’re doing incorrectly or is it bugged?

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Projectile finishers have to hit their target directly to apply their effect (AoE effect from landing does not count).
Water and Light projectiles apply their effect to allies in 150 radius around their target.

in Engineer

reapex.8546

Projectile finishers have to hit their target directly to apply their effect (AoE effect from landing does not count).
Water and Light projectiles apply their effect to allies in 150 radius around their target.

In a dungeon earlier, everyone was stacked. I was firing at enemies and allies with the combo field. I didn’t see anyone receive the regeneration buff. But thank you for your message will try again.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Your allies have to be within a radius of 150 of the enemy being hit by your proj. finisher :/ It’s rly bad imho

in Engineer

reapex.8546

Your allies have to be within a radius of 150 of the enemy being hit by your proj. finisher :/ It’s rly bad imho

So it isn’t bugged, just the radius is extremely tiny? Odd, I was firing directly on them but will try again. Thank you.

in Engineer

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

Yes, it’s bugged, and has been for a while now. Try firing through the poison field from #2 and you’ll see the same result - no poison applied to target.

In theory (what was said in the original ready-up), all you need to do is have the mortar #1 projectile pass through any part of the combo field, and then it will trigger the combo effect on whoever it hits.

In practice, you’ll see the combo popup appear on-screen when you do this, but get no effect applied. It turns out that the only way to get the effect to apply is for the actual physical mortar projectile (you know, the thing that’s ground-targetted, slow moving, arcing, and about 5 units wide) to pass directly through a target after entering the combo field and before it hits the ground. Good luck with that...

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

They said the finisher WILL apply on the whole aoe, but they somehow messed this up. It’s impossible to hit a moving target with it and I hope it gets fixed with HoT :/

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

projectile from mortar #1 is bugged currently on any field that requiers melee range as light field and water field.
this could be bEAST combo but devs just don’t want to fix mortar 1…

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Small note, but the 100% projectile finisher for mortar is working properly.

In your guy’s minds its not, but it is in fact working as a projectile finisher.

How do projectile finisher’s work? Anything the projectile touches when under a combo effect, gets affected. This does not include the explosion. Most projectiles that are a finisher are not AoE effects, so you really only notice it with the mortar kit.

Does it feel bad? Yea. Is it broken and not working properly? No.

in Engineer

reapex.8546

Thank you everyone, can anyone from Anet move this topic to the bugged forum?

Update: Just noticed the engineer bug thread and linked this topic to that thread.

(edited by reapex.8546)

in Engineer

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I’m pretty sure I get regen on ranger longbow 1 through a water field even with no target selected, much less hit. I’ll test it out again to be sure.

Edit: It does. Hitting, even targeting an enemy is completely unnecessary to get regeneration from a projectile finisher. It’s definitely a bug.

(edited by Unholy Pillager.3791)

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I’m pretty sure I get regen on ranger longbow 1 through a water field even with no target selected, much less hit. I’ll test it out again to be sure.

Edit: It does. Hitting, even targeting an enemy is completely unnecessary to get regeneration from a projectile finisher. It’s definitely a bug.

I believe that would be a bug, as it definitely is supposed to work as Are described.

Which water field were you using? Many apply regeneration by themselves, are you sure that’s not what you’re seeing?

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry