Is the healing turret broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

For some reason the ‘cleansing burst’ skill on my healing turret will happen with a random delay after I activate it, which isn’t indicated anywhere. I press the button, and sometime in the next few seconds it activates. Rarely it’s right away, sometimes in a few seconds, and sometimes longer than the conditions even lasted for, making it utterly useless.

in Engineer

Posted by: Poplik.8697

Poplik.8697

hmm never had this problem, but I use this turrent as a regular heal – drop the turret and instantly pick it up. Only when I need condition cleanse I will pop it, use the cleanse and pick it up.

in Engineer

Posted by: Elesmod.6790

Elesmod.6790

LameFox is right. I also think this is not working correctly. Sometimes it takes 8 seconds between you using the ability to it going off.
I think the overcharge is (wrongly?) set up to cleanse on the next normal tick of the turret.
So, if you place the turret and immediately after overchare it, the cleanse will happen after 8 seconds, but if you place it, wait 6 seconds and then click overcharge, the cleanse will occur after only 2 seconds.

Still, IMO it should cleanse immediately.

in Engineer

Posted by: Safh.7280

Safh.7280

Is it possible you’re just getting confused by the next occurrence of the “spinning top” regen buff animation? The cleanse should always be instant, the long interval animation is the regen buff.

The cleanse animation is a very short burst of steam from the turret, I think.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

Overcharge works, by activating on the next ‘attack’, of the turret. In this case, when it spins.

So, if you time it, it can be instant. If not, you’ll have to wait.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: Elesmod.6790

Elesmod.6790

No, Safh, I tested this while having a condition on myself.

Lyuben might be correct that this is intended. I’ve tested other turrets and they all overcharge not immediately after you press the button, but on next attack.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

It changes the turret’s next “shot” into the new effect. It can take anywhere from 0 to 8 seconds after you press the button to actually cleanse. If you hit the heal key twice in a row to place→cleanse, it should go off immediately.

Is it possible you’re just getting confused by the next occurrence of the “spinning top” regen buff animation? The cleanse should always be instant, the long interval animation is the regen buff.

The cleanse animation is a very short burst of steam from the turret, I think.

The cleansing animation is the whirling jets of blue spraying out from the turret. Much bigger than the usual fine mist of regen.

(edited by Haette.2701)

in Engineer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Oh. That’s… incredibly annoying. Between that and the whole ‘switch to medkit, drop bottle, walk on it’ thing, I think I’m just going to go back to the elixir heal and use the dedicated condition removal elixir and/or trait for immunity under 25% health. What a colossal over-complication of what could have been a useful skill.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

^Agreed.
That’s why I use 3 elixirs and cleaning formula.

Its just… easier.

I like my heal skill to be just a heal skill. Nothing fancy about it.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara