It's so hard to not use Engineer. :(

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I’ve been getting a bit bored with Engineer, since it’s all I use. But any time I try to use any other class, I find myself missing this or that trick available to Engineer. How does one convince themselves to use anything else, especially with a hard-on for versatility?

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Ugh tell me about it.

I mained a wvw scrapper since HoT release but has spent the last weeks running DH… yesterday I finally decided to move my mining tools to the DH because I dont play the scrapper so much.

First thing going through my mind this morning was “hmmm… maybe I can try a rifle build?”.

Its hard to let go of the stomp gyro in particular since it alone can win many outmanned fights. But all classes got their tricks. Variety is fun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Take a Reaper and let the simple, quiet playstyle relax you. Forget your worries, forget your kits, just let it go…

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Eles are a good alternative for keep that engi feeling :P

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Yeah but the first time you get stuck in an attunement you don’t want you realize why you love engi so much.

in Engineer

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Few weeks ago I’ve completed my new dragon hunter. I was working on it for nearly a year. Everything suits now, the looks, the build, the skills, the stats. It is my most powerful character (damage wise). Compared to my engineer it is a squishy glasscannon, but it even survives in HoT territory. Perfect for farming. The only problem, I hate farming XD.

It is so extremely boring to play the DH. I’m used to the fact that my enemies take some time to go down, and that I can nearly survive every situation. I’m used to supporting other people with heals, buffs or condition-removings. Or harrasing my opponents. Also I’m used to be one of the fastest characters on the field. This abomination just kills things and is immobile as a rock – although I use mediation teleports.

I’m playing the engineer for 3 years now, as my only main-charcter :S. All my other characters only serve a single purpose or exits to tell me how other classes work and how I can improve my own stuff. Currently I think about downgrading the dh to a mule ^^.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

(edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870)

in Engineer

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

I know what you mean.

in Engineer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

+1 for ele. Once you play either ele or engi you need lots of buttons to push.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I went on a long run with ranger sword / X for along time before druid and the suport meta. I liked it cause it was a different style