Juggernaut should work with all kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Much more of our traits should support versatility and making the juggernaut trait work for every kit would be a good start.

in Engineer

Posted by: GoNeKrAzY.7308

GoNeKrAzY.7308

In my opinion it would be simply op if it worked with kits like
the grenade kit. With boon duration runes and 30 alchemy you’d simply
be able to nadespam while hitting progressively harder.

[TEO] Sigurd Hsring
Gunnar’s Hold
Probably the Only Existing Neon Norn Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

Juggernaut is as it is with FT because the FT requires you to be in/near melee range for maximum efficiency so you need protection from cleaves and other small aoe effects that do power based damage.

the might stacks from Juggernaut compensate for the investment in the firearms tree when the weapon (when used in such a “pressure” type offense) benefits from power more than pre. in fact, it is my opinion that a fully traited “in your face” ft build doesnt use the power tree at all.

juggernaut is not, however, required for using the FT.

Now that Fireforged Trigger is an adept trait, it is perfectly viable to build an entirely, crit/condi based FT build with a minimum investment of 30 points (deadly mixture/fireforged trigger) leaving 40 points to put wherever you want.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Every Kit working with Juggernaut is like every Kit working with Elixir-Infused Bombs – it would just end up unbalancing things.

Also, Kits get enough stuff as it is, both to promote versatility and improve function. Start with the weaker sections of the class; when everything’s up to the same level, people will use more of the currently unusual choices.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

In my opinion it would be simply op if it worked with kits like
the grenade kit. With boon duration runes and 30 alchemy you’d simply
be able to nadespam while hitting progressively harder.

Yeah, it would be pretty broken if Engineers had a good damage spec.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

Juggernaut is as it is with FT because the FT requires you to be in/near melee range for maximum efficiency so you need protection from cleaves and other small aoe effects that do power based damage.

the might stacks from Juggernaut compensate for the investment in the firearms tree when the weapon (when used in such a “pressure” type offense) benefits from power more than pre. in fact, it is my opinion that a fully traited “in your face” ft build doesnt use the power tree at all.

juggernaut is not, however, required for using the FT.

Now that Fireforged Trigger is an adept trait, it is perfectly viable to build an entirely, crit/condi based FT build with a minimum investment of 30 points (deadly mixture/fireforged trigger) leaving 40 points to put wherever you want.

So, you’re saying Juggernaut is a bandaid for poor trait/weapon design?

Can’t really argue with that.

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

no, but now i am saying you are a kitten for not being able to read.

i said that juggernaut fits a specific build and playstyle just like or hgh or elixir infused bombs. each of these traits (and others) adds specific functionality to our kits/utilities that direct their usage.

i went on to say that jugg (like these other traits) are not necessary if you build in a different way. You can still use bombs without elixir infused bombs and you can still you elixirs without hgh.

but your inability to take advice or learn clearly overshadows anything I might have to say about the ft.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Engineer

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

A 30/20/0/20/0 (no link available as i’m on my iphone) grenade build works quite well with juggernaught already, you just need to know when to swap from grenades to flamethrower and vice-versa. It’s a good build for WvW that gives you the option of grenades from a distance or the up close and personal flamethrower juggernaught. It’s a hybrid build so it’s not an optimal flamethrower build or an optimal grenade build but is quite good at both. You also get the safety of Elixir S when you hit 25% health.

The trick is to keep your flamethrower equipped for might stacks, then swap to grenades and nuke while your might is still up. Then swap back to FT when you need to restack your might. Rinse and repeat.

Like I said though, it’s not an optimal build, but it is a powerful, versatile build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

If you’re already juggling nukes, then it already does “work for all kits”. You stay in FT to build stacks, and come out only to nuke.