July 23rd Patch Info

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/july-23-content-release-notes/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-23rd-2013

Nothing “Drastic/Game changing” at 1st glance:

•Launch Ice Mortar: Equipping the Elite Supplies trait will now correctly increase this skill’s recharge.
•Magnetic Inversion: Added a radius skill fact.
•Elixir X: This skill now uses the updated version of Rampage.

But the updated Rampage sounds interesting:

•Rampage: This elite skill now also provides 20 seconds of swiftness.
-Smash: This skill now causes a 2-second cripple. Increased the maximum number of targets to 3.
-Bash: This skill no longer causes cripple. It now causes 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds. Increased the maximum number of targets to 3. Fixed a bug so that this skill properly displays in the attack chain.
-Uppercut: This skill no longer causes vulnerability; it now dazes the target for half a second. Increased the maximum number of targets to 3. Fixed a bug so that this skill is properly displayed in the attack chain.
-Dash: This skill no longer knocks back the player’s target. Reduced the recharge to 6 seconds. Increased the damage by 100%. Cleaned up the animation so that it will hit the target more quickly when used at close range.
-Throw Boulder: This skill now causes a 2-second stun. Increased the damage by 65%. Increased the projectile velocity by 50%.
-Seismic Leap: This skill has replaced Stomp. It is now a ground-targeted, 2-second AoE knockdown with a 600-unit range.

If anyone is using Elixir X that is. I will dabble with this new change just to get a feel of it, but I still feel the Supply Crate is the turn around in all fights for our favor, based on not trying this new Rampage.

EDIT – Edited topic to correct month, woops!

(edited by Hebee.8460)

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

And turrets are still broken. But hey, at least Launch Ice Mortar recharges properly now.

Edit: also, by changing the last skill, you can’t “launch” enemies anymore. It seems overall they decreased the CC capabilities of that elite.
Not that it matters much – it isn’t like we can choose what we get anyway…

(edited by Manuhell.2759)

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Varqov.6984

Varqov.6984

elixir X looks more interesting, but seems like a play time skill while supply crate is still the game time skill.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

The only profession that got nearly as small of an update was the Elementalist. Every other one got a page or more.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Elixer X is still really only useful right after you drop a Big ol Bomb to hit for 20k damage.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The only profession that got nearly as small of an update was the Elementalist. Every other one got a page or more.

You mean the Mesmer Section was so small you didn’t even notice it while scrolling past? kitten . :S

But yeah, I like the Elixir X change. Or rather the Rampage change. It’s the tip of the iceberg ofc, next I’d like them to take a look at Norn and Asura shapeshifts.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Hebee.8460

On another note, whos going to get a aetherblade weapon? Im getting them all, pistols, shield and rifle (depending if its the shoulder mount cannon or not)

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

You mean the Mesmer Section was so small you didn’t even notice it while scrolling past? kitten . :S

Two lines = two buffs.
Which is two more than Engineers got.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

On another note, whos going to get a aetherblade weapon? Im getting them all, pistols, shield and rifle (depending if its the shoulder mount cannon or not)

Hope you have a big wallet then ;P

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Hebee.8460

Hope you have a big wallet then ;P

True, depends on how many scraps u get for each chest you open since you need 10 scraps for 1 ticket = 1 skin (Until August 5th) then its 5 tickets = 1 skin

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Next month, next disappoint on Engineer patch info.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I will too. Love that pistol! I’m reallly glad the aether weps are here to stay and not just another temporary item- that is great news if you have horrible luck

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Mmmm Elixir X buffs.

As the only source of reliable stability for the class and the shorter cool down to Supply Crate, I use it heavily in zerg fights to bypass enemy static fields, and generally ignore CC’s as we push. I eventually took to liking it better than Supply Crate, and with a rework to the already powerful Rampager it’s going to be even more exciting. Wonder if they’ll ever add more elements to the Tornado, seems it only uses Air (#1), Earth (#3), and a Combination of the two with the #2 skill. But I suppose this balances it against Plague form which also uses three skills. Not a big deal, well not even a deal at all, just a great Elite getting even better!

…now if only they’d let me keep remaining stability duration when I exit the form it’d be balanced against thieves who can steal it without having the form…

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaseus.2057

Kaseus.2057

I like elixir X for tPvP, Tornado is amazing for keeping multiple people off a node and for constant knockdowns on say the Lords and their adds.

Rampager just totally mctumps anyone 1v1 cept maybe a Guardian with Stand your ground up

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Didn’t get nerfed!

Attachments:

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Didn’t get nerfed!

Don’t get your hopes up. We weren’t be engineers if there wasn’t a bug each patch that breaks something.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Two lines = two buffs.

Mesmer’s have been getting bi-weekly nerfs with the last 3 patches.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Two lines = two buffs.

Mesmer’s have been getting bi-weekly nerfs with the last 3 patches.

Expecting sympathy from an Engineer about your class being nerfed is like expecting a one legged man to care that you accidentally kicked your couch and hurt your pinky toe.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

On the bright side, now we can, uh…tell how big the radius on Magnetic Inversion is! Yeah!

…also, I didn’t even know that Elite Supplies was supposed to improve the Mortar’s recharges to begin with. Didn’t really care, though, as the Mortar sucks to begin with, and while the new Rampage seems neat (certainly rather powerful), can’t help but notice that we’ll only get it sometimes due to our RNG-based elite.

Still nothing about Turret fire rate fixes, though, or any of our other bugs that I’ve seen people actually talk about.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Useless changes are useless.

Mortar is a worthless elite for so many reasons. It cannot crit, so no crit scaling from stats or traits. Its damage is kitten, its range is kitten, its deadzone is kitten, it has a ton of bugs. Being immobile is kitten, having a sloooooooow projectile that can be evaded by sidestrafing is kitten.
But now its going to be sliiiiightly less kitten. Just not enough for anyone to notice.

And Rampaging Brute was made a bit more interesting. However its something an Engineer benefits half as much from then a Warrior, LOLRNG. Still a kittenty Elite.

Meanwhile:

-Warrior gets buffs and polish to skills to be allround better off.
-Thief gets moar Torment, and nothing done about perma-stealth crap.
-Ranger gets a bunch of really good changes, much needed sure.
-Necro’s getting buffed, because moar Deathshroud. And larger Marks!
-Mesmer gets two clear buffs.
-Guardian is getting buffs.

Engineer and Ele get kitten all. I was scrolling down the list and saw Ele and Engi and was like “ow, minor bug fixes.. holy crap these are guardian notes? And these are the Necro buffs!? And Mesmer? kitten me, its buffs all round!”

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Even.4687

Even.4687

Do we know what they look like yet? If it’s the revolver i’m definitely going for that.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Hebee.8460

http://imgur.com/a/cONc3

This guy has some of the speculated weapons. (not the ghost like weapons) What I do not see is the rifle which I have attached.
These screens were prolly taken at the time when the item codes were discovered, when aetherblade content 1st showed up. (That’s when I took mine of the “supposed” rifle)

But we should find out soon anyways from the weapon vender once patch goes live.

Attachments:

(edited by Hebee.8460)

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

This guy has some of the speculated weapons. (not the ghost like weapons) What I do not see is the rifle which I have attached.
These screens were prolly taken at the time when the item codes were discovered, when aetherblade content 1st showed up. (That’s when I took mine of the “supposed” rifle)

But we should find out soon anyways from the weapon vender once patch goes live.

I heard there are new aetherweapon skins for all weapons, and the cannon isnt the rifle skin its a new skin entirely. Supposedly in the same style as the pistol

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Hebee.8460

Ya, I figured the actual rifle would be similar in style to the revolver look of the pistol as well.

But holding a cannon over the shoulders did seem awesome (maybe Anet can look into modifying mortor into being shoulder mounted )

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I heard there are new aetherweapon skins for all weapons, and the cannon isnt the rifle skin its a new skin entirely. Supposedly in the same style as the pistol

The shield spins and shoots steam, most of what I have seen shoot steam as well… all in all… pretty nice looking. Gonna try to get a pistol and shield combo, maybe the rifle, depending on what it looks like, because the dragon one wasn’t nearly as nice as the pistol/shield set I picked up.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

Ya, I figured the actual rifle would be similar in style to the revolver look of the pistol as well.

But holding a cannon over the shoulders did seem awesome (maybe Anet can look into modifying mortor into being shoulder mounted )

Perhaps this IS the new mortar elite. Could function like the original Juggernaut trait with reduced movement but granting stability. Same skills on the mortar bar but no close range dead zone, faster projectiles, and a base 1500 range. That’d be an elite worth at least toying with!

Huge Shoulder Mounted Hate Machine? I vote yes please!

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Carighan.6758

Expecting sympathy from an Engineer about your class being nerfed is like expecting a one legged man to care that you accidentally kicked your couch and hurt your pinky toe.

Oh come on, stop being petty. It’s not like Mesmers don’t have plenty problems on their own. Just like every other class. Just like every other MMO. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

Oh come on, stop being petty. It’s not like Mesmers don’t have plenty problems on their own. Just like every other class. Just like every other MMO. :P

It’s not petty if it’s true. Sure I can sympathize with them, but when it comes to ANet they just can’t avoid alittle something I call the “paragon effect”. In GW1 Paragons were incredibly overpowered for a very short period of time until they got pushed down nerf canyon and smacked their face on every nerfing stone on the way down. Because of this fewer people played the class. Because fewer people played the class fewer patches included buffs for them as they weren’t really relevant in the meta. Because they never got buffs even the hold out, die hards of the class quit playing it. Because the very best of the Paragon players abandoned the class the dev’s no longer had the most convincing voices for buffs so much as mildly nagging at them, so they just swept it aside into the “our fans don’t care” pile.

Not that I’m saying this is the case with Engineer, but just that we experience the Paragon effect much more than other classes.

(edited by Obscure One.4357)

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Meanwhile:

Engineer and Ele get kitten all. I was scrolling down the list and saw Ele and Engi and was like “ow, minor bug fixes.. holy crap these are guardian notes? And these are the Necro buffs!? And Mesmer? kitten me, its buffs all round!”

Necromancer:
Damage taken while in death shroud will now overflow to the necromancer’s health pool if the damage taken is greater than the remaining life force.
Greater Marks: This trait has been moved to the Master tier.
Terror: Reduced the damage by 17%. Fixed a bug so this trait now checks for the torment condition as well.

The “buffs” you are talking about are to compensate for those nerfs. The first one especially, is a huge nerf to necros. Before, 1% life force could “eat” a 20k eviscerate and the necro would be fine. Now the necro is brought down or close to death.

The wall of guardian text? Two buffs to a crappy trait/utility. Everything else is just text/animation corrections to all of the symbols so it just looks like a lot.

Just because there is a lot of text doesn’t mean its a buff. Or a buff to a good build. The grass is not greener over there.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

Meanwhile:

Necromancer:
Damage taken while in death shroud will now overflow to the necromancer’s health pool if the damage taken is greater than the remaining life force.
Terror: Reduced the damage by 17%. Fixed a bug so this trait now checks for the torment condition as well.

The “buffs” you are talking about are to compensate for those nerfs. The first one especially, is a huge nerf to necros. Before, 1% life force could “eat” a 20k eviscerate and the necro would be fine. Now the necro is brought down or close to death.

The wall of guardian text? Two buffs to a crappy trait/utility. Everything else is just text/animation corrections to all of the symbols so it just looks like a lot.

Just because there is a lot of text doesn’t mean its a buff. Or a buff to a good build. The grass is not greener over there.

It means plenty of development time went into these professions regardless, and they did come out better for it.

Where as very little development went into Engineer, Elementalist and Mesmer. But atleast Mesmer got 2 buffs for it.
Engineer is just some token changes, because an empty list would look silly.

All the while Engineer has a kitten ton of broken and bugged stuff. Even if they didnt want to buff engineer, which i think we all know must trigger some allergic reaction, they could look into the myriad of very broken skills and traits.

No effort was sadly made. The glue bomb got frakin hotfixed but Turrets overcharge, and Turret damage in general, has been broken for weeks now.
Not to mention the stuff that has been around since launch, like Mortar skills bugging out and firing regular Shells instead of the special type, while still giving full cooldown on the special types.
A fairly big bug that greatly, negatively, impacts the performance of an Elite that is already kitten to begin with.

There is plenty of stuff that couldve been done for Engineers, but looking at these lists its obvious that yet again Engineer was a bottom priority.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

Meanwhile:

Necromancer:

I for one think the first of these updates to Necro was as “doesn’t function as intended” issue that just took forever to fix in coding without creating more problems. I primarily use the, “go into death shroud and jump off a cliff enemy classes cannot follow you over without dying” WvW necro escape strategy example as a prime argument of this being a bug and not working as intended. Endure Pain, Mist Form/Vapor Form, Elixir S, and traited Ranger Signet of Stone all grant invulnerability (in various senses) but kill you indescrimanently when affected by an acute case of sudden deceleration trauma.

Of course the follow up argument normally points at our Engineers ability to maintain a permanent upkeep on swiftness and vigor that they cannot. To that I say it’s a different issue requiring a buff to necro mobility, and not persisting in a delusion that a mechanic is balanced to compensate for that when it clearly was just broken. Not broken as in “OP” but broken as in “somebody call the plumber, I ate way to much chilli and the toilet is making noises out of a horror film!”

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Hebee.8460

Off topic – Due to the amount of players that play engineer, our focus of trait/bug fixes are much smaller compared to the amount of players that don’t play engineer. Meaning less people are calling out said trait/bug fixes needed for engineer, compared to everyone playing anything but engineer calling out their own profession trait/bug fixes. What used to be our stickied thread of engineer bugs was un-stickied due to no action going on in the thread. Our bugged trait/skill list has been constant & pretty much the same. My guess is we don’t complain enough compared to say the amount of players on warriors/guardians/mesmers/thieves/elementalists/rangers.

TLDR: More players play other professions and report bugs everyday so they get fixes faster, compared to the amount of players playing engineer that report bugs for fixes.

On-topic: Patch is out! Lets see those new skins & check out new Jug from elixir X!

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Hebee.8460

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/23/gw2-aetherized-weapon-skins-gallery/

Well no cannon, just a really long pistol for rifle pretty much, oh well. Glad the shield is the same!

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well the bows look horrible (i hate compound bows), but that rifle…. and pistol… and staff…. i must have them!!!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The big thing I have been hoping for is a fix to turrets so I can get back to sPVP.

Turrets are STILL NOT FIXED!!!

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

+1 for TURRETS ARE STILL NOT FIXED!! COomeeeeooon its been a whole YEAR now !

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

Turrets totally need some magical fairy dev dust and happy thoughts…

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Jinzo.3158

Jinzo.3158

Elixer X is still really only useful right after you drop a Big ol Bomb to hit for 20k damage.

I dont think it scales that high anymore

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Turrets have been totally been fixed… in the veterinary sense.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

ROFLMAO!

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

ROFLMAO!

Lol!

Turrets just need better AI, about 4k armor and 30k HP, and toss in a CD reduction trait option will ya? I mean seriously WTF!?

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Engineer-s-magnet/2487242

Strangely enough, this change/nerf wasn’t listed on the patch notes.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

OMG ty for at least clearing up why my magnet pulls have been so inconsistent as of the patch.

It’s most definitely a nerf though… with nothing to compensate for the new limitations : / It really should get a shorter cast time now.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

OMG ty for at least clearing up why my magnet pulls have been so inconsistent as of the patch.

It’s most definitely a nerf though… with nothing to compensate for the new limitations : / It really should get a shorter cast time now.

Oh, i already asked for a proper autoattack on grenades on that thread. Cause you know, it is inconsistent with how the other autoattacks work. Obviously they will change it as well. It isn’t like they changed magnet to nerf us, so it won’t be a problem if they ease up grenades’ use (and help avoiding carpal tunnels).

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

And there we go, i was worried we werent going to get nerfed… i mean, “fixed” this patch.

Love how they had time to, ahem “fix” Magnet being inconsistent, but didnt have enough time to fix any of the other kitten thats around.
I guess they were busy buffing every other profession, except Elementalist, that they only had enough time left for a minor nerf.

Yay us, right?

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

And there we go, i was worried we werent going to get nerfed… i mean, “fixed” this patch.

Love how they had time to, ahem “fix” Magnet being inconsistent, but didnt have enough time to fix any of the other kitten thats around.
I guess they were busy buffing every other profession, except Elementalist, that they only had enough time left for a minor nerf.

Yay us, right?

Wow you made a great point , they analyze whats not broken and continue to “fix” whats not broken lol…

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Carighan.6758

In GW1 Paragons were incredibly overpowered for a very short period of time until they got pushed down nerf canyon and smacked their face on every nerfing stone on the way down. Because of this fewer people played the class. Because fewer people played the class fewer patches included buffs for them as they weren’t really relevant in the meta. Because they never got buffs even the hold out, die hards of the class quit playing it. Because the very best of the Paragon players abandoned the class the dev’s no longer had the most convincing voices for buffs so much as mildly nagging at them, so they just swept it aside into the “our fans don’t care” pile.

From personal experience this is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike how MMO balancing works.

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

In GW1 Paragons were incredibly overpowered for a very short period of time until they got pushed down nerf canyon and smacked their face on every nerfing stone on the way down. Because of this fewer people played the class. Because fewer people played the class fewer patches included buffs for them as they weren’t really relevant in the meta. Because they never got buffs even the hold out, die hards of the class quit playing it. Because the very best of the Paragon players abandoned the class the dev’s no longer had the most convincing voices for buffs so much as mildly nagging at them, so they just swept it aside into the “our fans don’t care” pile.

From personal experience this is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike how MMO balancing works.

Kinda worse here, since so much of the “balancing” advice is coming from the pvp hotshots where the split leads to different issues.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

July 23rd Patch Info

in Engineer

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

The new Rampage sucks.