Jump shot doesn't jump anymore?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dagnis.2936

Dagnis.2936

Am I the only one who realized this? The jump shot doesn’t actually jump anymore. We just skim along the ground. It no longer allows us to be unique with jumping puzzles, making jumps that other classes can’t (yes I know this is kinda a pointless argument because the puzzles aren’t designed for us). Instead we now fall when attempting a jump. Any idea if we can have this ability back? It was my favorite part of the engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

I just used it a minute ago in the WvW Borderlands puzzle, so this definitely isn’t true. There is apparently some wonkiness with rifled barrels and Jump Shot though—do you have that trait?

in Engineer

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

I just used it a minute ago in the WvW Borderlands puzzle, so this definitely isn’t true. There is apparently some wonkiness with rifled barrels and Jump Shot though—do you have that trait?

There’s a bug with rifled barrels, it actually makes jump shot delay on impact as well. It’s easy to combo without the trait, but with it you cannot combo anything.

in Engineer

Weirwynn.2390

There’s a bug with rifled barrels, it actually makes jump shot delay on impact as well. It’s easy to combo without the trait, but with it you cannot combo anything.

That’s the wonkiness I was talking about, yes. My point was, if there’s one instance of different behavior with the trait, there might be another, since as I said, I have confirmed the jumping capability with the untraited version.

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I tested it yesterday evening in Lion’s Arch and it absolutely did not work with differences in z-axis. Given the responses here I might go back and test it a bit more but it feels very much broken to me.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I noticed this skill acting as the OP described also. This was in Fawcett’s Bounty JP and it just would not give me the vertical height like it used to . But I do have rifled barrels trait active, so it may be a bug related to that.

Come to think of it, it happened Tuesday night in the Malchor’s Leap JP for me also. I just didn’t make the connection.

Are you guys saying it works right without the rifled barrels trait? I may have to try that later tonight to see.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jouta.2965

Jouta.2965

Agreed with OP. This skill used to be very useful, now with Arenanet’s inclination to continue to make other classes namely thief – overpowered, what’s the point? I loved being able to get to places I never could easily before. Jumping puzzles were fun and much easier to do. Did Jump Shot take away from anyone’s fun or did it break the game in a damaging way? Probably not. The engineer class itself is different then all the other classes. It plays different. It adds spice to a game that is apparently becoming just another MMO fantasy game. Sad. Please give us back Jump Shot not this Goomba Stomp thing. It’s useless. Just how many engineers are really playing the game anyway? I never see any besides myself and everyone kind of cringes when they see me. Engineer FTW!

in Engineer

Weirwynn.2390

I just respecced to test, and yes, this is only with the rifled barrels trait. Someone in another thread mentioned that with rifled barrels, it seems the jump and land effects are actually reversed, which is probably the cause—therefore this would be a straight up bug.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jouta.2965

Jouta.2965

I just respecced to test, and yes, this is only with the rifled barrels trait. Someone in another thread mentioned that with rifled barrels, it seems the jump and land effects are actually reversed, which is probably the cause—therefore this would be a straight up bug.

Why that’s stupid? I need the range for combat not jumping. Jump Shot was a utility not necessarily an attack for which we fired our rifle for. We used it for a different purpose. If this purpose is no longer what Anet wants us to use it for then I’m shelving my Engie until such time it is fixed. Anet if you’re so darn fascinated by thieves then why put such a cool and interesting class such as Engineer in a game? Obviously we aren’t well liked around the office nor in game.

in Engineer

Weirwynn.2390

Why that’s stupid? I need the range for combat not jumping. Jump Shot was a utility not necessarily an attack for which we fired our rifle for. We used it for a different purpose. If this purpose is no longer what Anet wants us to use it for then I’m shelving my Engie until such time it is fixed. Anet if you’re so darn fascinated by thieves then why put such a cool and interesting class such as Engineer in a game? Obviously we aren’t well liked around the office nor in game.

I wouldn’t read anything into it. It’s a messy bug that affects multiple aspects of the skill, it’ll get fixed.