Jump shot should cure immobilize

in Engineer

Posted by: Kizzu.5826

Kizzu.5826

Jump shot is a skill that uses the power of a single shot to propel the player into the air.
It should be even more forceful than overcharged shot.

Not to mention that immobilize/cripple really counters this skill, as the player should prevent where he should be landing.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Yeah, I would love a trait like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mobile_Strikes Mobile strike breaks immobilizes on use. It would make EG that much better with a quick back out of tough spots with Acid Bomb. It would make jump shot even more utlitarian.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Kizzu.5826

They did it to rocket boots, they should do it to other similar skills.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

This would be a neat idea, but they’d end up increasing the RC or lowering damage. Are you willing to live with that? Overcharged shot already cures immo, it’d be weird to have 1 weapon with 2 skills that cure it.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in Engineer

coglin.1867

They did it to rocket boots, they should do it to other similar skills.

Yeah, but to be honest, I loved rocket boots before. All those who complained about it so ardently cost us access to one of the lowest recast “stun breakers” in the game. Alas, we should probably not get into that since this is a thread on jump shot.

This would be a neat idea, but they’d end up increasing the RC or lowering damage. Are you willing to live with that? Overcharged shot already cures immo, it’d be weird to have 1 weapon with 2 skills that cure it.

They do not mind allowing warriors to do so with a trait, as I mentioned. Some of the weapons have 2, some of those weapons F1 are movement skills, as well as some of their utility skills.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

it’d be weird to have 1 weapon with 2 skills that cure it.

Warrior GS with Mobile Strikes already does.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Just pointing out, Rifle already has a skill that does just this. Overcharged Shot.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Engineer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Just pointing out, Rifle already has a skill that does just this. Overcharged Shot.

Would make more sense to put it on Jump Shot instead, then just remove the dmg from the first part of it, and make Overcharged Shot do a little jump backwards instead of a self-knockback, like Shortbow’s evasion sort of leap.

in Engineer

Shanks R Us.2489

Warriors already have it, but it’s because of a trait. That’s key. Without the trait, they would sit there & run in place. You shouldn’t compare the two, because requiring a trait line makes a big difference.

in Engineer

Knote.2904

Warriors already have it, but it’s because of a trait. That’s key. Without the trait, they would sit there & run in place. You shouldn’t compare the two, because requiring a trait line makes a big difference.

Our weapons are mainly for utility rather than damage though.

in Engineer

Shanks R Us.2489

Jump shot does a ton of damage if you’re running power.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

If they move that immobilize removeal from overcharged shot to jump shot it will be great. It always make me mad when OS removeal fail because of something like target out of skill cone or something that stupid.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Knote.2904

So does Rush. What’s your point.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

So does Rush. What’s your point.

Rush has nowhere near the damage potential of jump shot, not to mention it’s actually a pain to hit people with it half the time.

In any case, I don’t think it’s a good idea to give such a thing to jump shot by default, especially considering there’s already a skill on the rifle that will do that (along with removing cripple and chill) as well as rocket boots and super speed. The engineer isn’t supposed to have that sort of mobility by design, and only really gets it through some specific utility or trait options.

Not to mention that immobilize/cripple really counters this skill, as the player should prevent where he should be landing.

I’m not really sure what this means, exactly, but that’s the same case for a lot of other leap or movement based skills in the game. For instance, an ele who RTLs while immobilized stays still even though they become lightning, or a warrior who uses savage leap while chilled goes only a short distance.

It’s not a good comparison with a warrior’s mobile strikes since it’s a master trait that they have to take, they don’t get the ability to break the immobilize by default (and it’s only immobilize, not cripple and chill). If they made an engg trait for it, then that would be different, but that would only affect a total of one skill so it wouldn’t be any good at all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I think what he’s saying is that Immobilize (and other stuff like Chill / Cripple) actually mess up the players’ targeting.

Jump Shot is a targeted ability. But if you use it while Immobilized, you won’t go anywhere and won’t hit your targeted location (unless you use it right where you’re standing). Likewise with Chill and Cripple, you won’t make it to your chosen targeted location, only halfway there.

Immobilize and movement reduction skills affect other dash abilities as well, but those aren’t targeted, they just go after a single enemy or send you flying in a single direction. So it doesn’t quite feel as awkward. Jump Shot actually makes you choose a targeted location, but any movement skill will skew your movement and prevent you from actually hitting the location you aim at.

I’d be totally in favor of Jump Shot removing Chill, Immob, and Cripple to prevent that. Remove that ability from Overcharge shot if need be, because 2 abilities that automatically do that on a single weapon probably would be broken, but I think such an ability to remove movement impairments is more important for Jump Shot than it is for Overcharge.

in Engineer

Kizzu.5826

I have to add that overcharged shot is not a good immobilize breaker.
When you use the auto-targetting system, most of the time you will be forced to target on command. If the target is not right in front of you, the skill will go on cooldown, because your character can’t turn around while being immobilized.
Supposing you’re not using the autotargetting system, you may want to target nobody, and you’re gonna shot in the air.
That will basically trade an immobilize to a 1.5 sec knockback.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

it should also be a blast finisher but i don’t see that happening either.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

Shanks R Us.2489

So should every grenade skill :P

PS

isn’t jump shot already a blast finisher?

Edit:

I guess it’s a leap. Weird, I seem to remember being able to do aoe heals with it in a water field.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

So should every grenade skill :P

PS

isn’t jump shot already a blast finisher?

Edit:

I guess it’s a leap. Weird, I seem to remember being able to do aoe heals with it in a water field.

landing should be a blast, and the jump part should be a leap. you can heal yourself with it in waterfields but it’s singular.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

No it shouldn’t. That is why you do not see it happening.

in Engineer

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Jump shot is a skill that uses the power of a single shot to propel the player into the air.
It should be even more forceful than overcharged shot.

I would agree, except that if you have jump shot, you’re using rifle, which ALREADY HAS skill 4 cure immob, crip, and chill

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping