Just Another Balance Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

Remove the cast time on medic gyro and its tool belt skill and give it to function gyro instead.

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in Engineer

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

Remove the cast time on medic gyro and its tool belt skill and give it to function gyro instead.

well I don’t agree with adding it to function gyro as that will mean it will only get in the way when your trying to stomp some one normally I have no idea as to why they added the cast time to medic in the first place as it was one of the only things it really had over heal turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

well I don’t agree with adding it to function gyro as that will mean it will only get in the way when your trying to stomp some one normally I have no idea as to why they added the cast time to medic in the first place as it was one of the only things it really had over heal turret

I was really salty about that nerf, so much that I stopped playing. I’m just looking in the boards from time to time, waiting for the next elite spec for engineer that will make me have fun again maybe.

The new elite spec skills all had a theme.
Elementalist had shouts that all give an aura.
Necromancer had shouts that all harm the enemy.
Ranger had glyphes with offense and defense mode….
and so on

The theme for engineer was that we got the first minion class without a casting time. Sure, they didn’t all work without casting time (to give counter play to blast gyro and shredder gyro). But 4 out of 6 gyros had it and that was enough for me.

Then they gave a cast time to stealth gyro. I was like “that’s ok, I guess. Still half of the gyros don’t have a cast time”. Now medic gyro. In that moment Anet betrayed their own concept in my opinion. There is literally no reason to take medic gyro anymore. Being instacast was THE selling point of it, making it a good alternative for healing turret. With that gone we are back to just healing turret and nothing else.

Scrapper always had the feeling for me that they created the whole spec in the last 5 minutes before they had to represent it to the people. The things they said scrapper would have even never made it live. So I just keep on playing other games until Anet decides to give engineer any kind of love themewise, something to identify yourself, since I’m more of a roleplaying guy.

All I can hope for is that anet will give the same effort to engineer for next elite specs that they gave to other classes. The guy in charge for scrapper himself even said at the presentation of the scrapper he was pretty busy with druid…

in Engineer

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

Well said +1

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I also hate the inconsistence of the cast times for blowing the gyros up. Aren’t the dazes supposed to be able to interrupt at will? The Medic Gyro nerf hit me hard aswell, especially the protection field one. I mean it’s not like it’s close to as good as the HT in terms of healing, neither offers the gyro a condi cleanse – there’s another gyro for that – a total garbage gyro it has to be said, like a defect single target nullfield for condis only … with a even worse toolbelt…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I also hate the inconsistence of the cast times for blowing the gyros up. Aren’t the dazes supposed to be able to interrupt at will? The Medic Gyro nerf hit me hard aswell, especially the protection field one. I mean it’s not like it’s close to as good as the HT in terms of healing, neither offers the gyro a condi cleanse – there’s another gyro for that – a total garbage gyro it has to be said, like a defect single target nullfield for condis only … with a even worse toolbelt…

Right.
The time I was still playing, I loved to summon my gyros and instantly blow them up to give superspeed to a huge group of people (like for example at the towers of the dragons stand).
Doing this feels really clunky now, since stealth gyro and medic gyro have a cast time for summoning and another one to blow them up.
When Anet created these skills, they thought about this.
Look at it. Every gyro originally created without cast time had a cast time on it’s self destruct. And every gyro with a cast time (blast and shredder) had a self destruct which was insta cast.

But when they nerfed stealth gyro and medic gyro, they didn’t adjust this. Which left us with a clunky self destruct for these 2 gyros.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Medic Gyro is the only one I can seem to consistently get SS from Final Salvo while on the move. Not a big fan of that.