Just Doing My Check-In

Just Doing My Check-In

in Engineer

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

So I like to do this check in every couple of months to see how Engineers are doing to see if I should actually touch my lvl 80 one again.

What’s the diagnosis?

Just Doing My Check-In

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Kit Refinement feels funny after the patch. Condi-Burst builds are doing well. 100 Nades is doing well. Bunker builds feel lacking, but there is potential in the returned glory to Super Elixir. Flamethrower has some potential as well with the new buffs. Pistols and Pots builds in WvW appear very successful. Dungeon PvE is overshadowed by Warriors yet, although food changes may change that a litlte. WvW is still the Engineer playground. tPvP has few Engineers, but there are some successful ones.

Status: Engineer is still fun. Not overpowered, but not necessarily underpowered either. Low viable build variety currently, same as any other profession.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Just Doing My Check-In

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

So I like to do this check in every couple of months to see how Engineers are doing to see if I should actually touch my lvl 80 one again.

What’s the diagnosis?

Flamethrower got two huge buffs. Flame Blast can now be detonated making it less difficult to work into your rotation and Flame Jet receives a flat 10% damage increase when a target is burning. It also doesn’t glitch out anymore at stationary world targets in my experience (like the burrows in AC). Did a run last night and it was much easier to hit them.

Tool Kit got a buff. Pry Bar now applies 5 stacks of Confusion instead of 3. I may start working it into my sPvP/WvW rotation more often now. Probably will still leave it behind in PvE.

Kit Refinement was nerfed with a 10 second global cool down on all procs. This requires Engineers to be much more mindful of when and how they swap their kits. Med Kit appears to be unaffected by this cool down, so you can swap to it freely. You can still sustain Super Elixir 100% of the time, but can no longer simultaneously have access to the FT’s “Flame Burst” condition removal.

Deployable Turrets is supposedly finally fixed. Haven’t checked this one myself.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Just Doing My Check-In

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Minor buffs here and there. Nothing to really bring you back if you decided to leave until things got fixed.