Just back from a 1 month+ vacation

in Engineer

Posted by: Zandur.5012

Zandur.5012

Sigils are still useless for engineers, dozens of other build-breaking bugs remain unfixed, and mortar is still the worst elite in the game. Anet, I am disappoint.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

Well yours is a statement not really a discussion I know the topic will just get closed but still, the worst thing is that we engineers didn’t get a SINGLE official reply, not even one and it’s been like this for 2 MONTHS, while you keep your topic lil constructive I’ll try to divert your attention to the discussion I tried to start the other day, which gives a bit more info at least.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/About-engineer-bugs/first#post885681

Funny thing is you got more views than me. (especially comparing the time)

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Just gotta be patient. We aren’t that high of a priority apparently. I’m still having fun playing my engineer. Who knows you might even find some bugs that will help you. I know I did.

in Engineer

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Anet only has 2 devs working on game bugs/fixes and balancing…a mighty load for just two people lol.

in Engineer

Posted by: gkaare.8576

gkaare.8576

Anet only has 2 devs working on game bugs/fixes and balancing…a mighty load for just two people lol.

That statement is completely false.

The game isn’t perfect, but if you haven’t seen this state of the game video with Jonathan Sharp, I highly recommend it.

in Engineer

Posted by: masztipapa.7519

masztipapa.7519

That statement is completely false.

The game isn’t perfect, but if you haven’t seen this state of the game video with Jonathan Sharp, I highly recommend it.

How is that false?! The other designer (cant remember his name) already stated in another class forum that only two of em r working on class skills. He was tryin to defend himself againt the rage of the last patch, guess it backfired. The video u linked is about jonathan tellin people “learn to play” while they r tryin to add some useful feedback -.-

in Engineer

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Sigils are still useless for engineers, dozens of other build-breaking bugs remain unfixed, and mortar is still the worst elite in the game. Anet, I am disappoint.

I dont see anything wrong with my Engineer?
I was able to kill Mesmers and Warriors and Theif just fine in sPvP 1v1.

The only big issue I have is these Turrets have low defense and HP and their cooldown is way too long.

in Engineer

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Just wait for a huge patch that will fix everything and introduce a 100 new bugs.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Stacking sigils are still effective, just difficult to use because of constant switching.

True, there are dozens of engineer bugs, maybe hundreds. Still, the engineer has more viable builds (at least two) than several other professions. There’s even at least one skill I can think of that’s broken in our favor, in a big way, too. Avoid the bad, take the good.

Mortar is bad, true. Every RPG game contains dozens of “trash” skills, though. Sure, it would be nice if all the skills were good, but there is no game like that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

@NevirSayDie.6235

Man don’t just give up like that, I know we have to w8 but it’s been like this since day1, now I’m from gw1 and there didn’t take THIS much to fix important skill-related bugs, I know this isn’t the same game system and it’s bound to require much more time, but seriously? 3 MONTHS! on top of that we have seen just 1 official response up to now and it proved false.

I’ve been playing since day1, got over 300hrs on my engineer and I’m fed up not to be able to switch to other builds because: half sigils don’t work, half elixirs are decent, FT is half broken, traits are half broken (all turret traits being broken, and half elixirs too, some tools’ too,etc… seriously?!?) or just not worth it (ever read “armor mods” from tools? atm just 4 tools’ traits are worth it, speedy kits, kit refinement, the half broken static discharge and the broken “deployable turrets”, which is just 2 ’coz broken)

About balancing, just fix the bugs first! though the first I’d like to see would be RELIABLE weapon projectile finishers.

We are actually playing with HALF of what we should have had from the very beginning, I’ve been w8in every “big patch” for the so called “massive bug fix” and I have yet to see it! even just the announcement would be glad for an engineer community left clueless like this.

(edited by Rfreak.6591)

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

@NevirSayDie.6235

Man don’t just give up like that, I know we have to w8 but it’s been like this since day1, now I’m from gw1 and there didn’t take THIS much to fix important skill-related bugs, I know this isn’t the same game system and it’s bound to require much more time, but seriously? 3 MONTHS! on top of that we have seen just 1 official response up to now and it proved false.

I’ve been playing since day1, got over 300hrs on my engineer and I’m fed up not to be able to switch to other builds because: half sigils don’t work, half elixirs are decent, FT is half broken, traits are half broken (all turret traits being broken, and half elixirs too, some tools’ too,etc… seriously?!?) or just not worth it (ever read “armor mods” from tools? atm just 4 tools’ traits are worth it, speedy kits, kit refinement, the half broken static discharge and the broken “deployable turrets”, which is just 2 ’coz broken)

About balancing, just fix the bugs first! though the first I’d like to see would be RELIABLE weapon projectile finishers.

We are actually playing with HALF of what we should have had from the very beginning, I’ve been w8in every “big patch” for the so called “massive bug fix” and I have yet to see it! even just the announcement would be glad for an engineer community left clueless like this.

Good points. I guess I’m just a pragmatist—I’ve never really seen an MMO without a lot of bugs and trash skills. But I agree, it would be awesome if GW2 was the first.