Kit tricks! Post yours here.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I really, really want to make my Engineer work. I’m doing very poorly with it, but I have the feeling it has a lot of potential that I’m not seeing, mixing Kit abilities together. Such as…

Bomb Kit’s Smoke Bomb, followed by Rifle Jump to gain stealth. Can be used to escape enemies!

Or Elixir Gun’s Super Elixir, followed once more by Rifle Jump, for Retaliation! That plus the healing inside the Super Elixir means a teeny tiny bit of prickly survivability.

Anyone else have other combos that they use, or at least have theorized using? Not specifically Combo Field combos, just any combination of abilities that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Doesn’t have to use Kits alone, either, though that’s no doubt where the majority of viable tricks will come from, given that you get six abilities out of them.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Refined kits. I run CoE daily. When Subject Alpha crystallizes you, if you don’t have grenade barrage ready to bust you out, you can double tap medkit (yes, double tap it, it explodes twice) to deal ~7-800 damage to the crystal. Yeah, it’s not a lot, but when you’re praying to the six that you bust out before his next set of ‘OH GOD NO’ attacks go off, it’ll help. And besides, you don’t have anything better to do.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Smoke field + rocket boots.

I just thought (or finally realized depending on how pretentious you are) of this yesterday.

You’re stealthed, and also are blown pretty far away in a direction of your choosing (make sure to face opposite the direction you want to go.) I imagine this would be a pretty effective escape in PvP/WvW.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Combo Fields and Combo Finishers. I, for one, is a great fan of combo fields.

Might Stacking – Healing Turret, Rifle Turret, Big ’Ol Bomb, Fire Bomb, Land Mine, Detonate Healing and Rifle Turret, Magnetic Inversion, Supply Crate nets you 18 stacks of might for 20 seconds. Very useful in dungeons when fighting bosses.

Massive AoE Healing – Healing Turret, Rifle Turret, Big ’Ol Bomb, Land Mine, Detonate Healing and Rifle Turret, Magnetic Inversion, Supply Crate nets you around 7k+ AoE healing. Just have to get your timing right since Water Field vanishes in a second. Getting your Supply Crate drop in time for a blast finisher is quite tricky as well. You might have to choose between Magnetic Inversion and Land Mine.

Super Stealth – Healing Turret, Rifle Turret, Big ’Ol Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Land Mine, Detonate Healing and Rifle Turret, Magnetic Inversion, Supply Crate(optional) gives you 10~12 seconds of Stealth. I think 1 blast finisher gives you around 2 seconds stealth.

The fun thing is you can do this in 4~6 seconds when you’ve mastered the cycle. Also, all skills used have 30 secs and less cool down.

Canceling Jump Shot Animation + Super Jump – Switch to Any Kit. Example, switch to Tool Kit and press #5 then quickly cancel by switching back to rifle and pressing #5 (Make sure Kit’s #5 is not on cool down or else it won’t work). This will cancel a split second of Jump Shot’s initial animation and will move you yards forward. Pretty useful when escaping.

Shield Blocking + Anything – Switch to Tool Kit, use Gear Shield and switch to any other tool kit/back to weapon kit by pressing Tool Kit’s hotkey, not the “`” button. Doing this won’t remove your Gear Shield but lets you do other things.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Engineer

Posted by: Red SuperGiant.8653

Red SuperGiant.8653

This is my usual damage rotation which destroys everything.

UTILITIES
Elixer h, flamethrower, Elixer b, Elixer gun

Before you start attacking pop an Elixer b.
Next whip out the flamer and build up vulnerability on your target (precise sights trait) and might (sigil of strength + juggernaut). Once you get to 20+ might stacks switch to Elixer gun and use fumigate for more vulnerability.
Next switch to your flamer again and use flame wall and napalm. Then switch to your rifle and use net shot followed by blunderbuss. Then use jump shot on your enemy. Switch to Elixer gun and use acid bomb to end the rotation.

Rinse and repeat

in Engineer

Posted by: Bargaw.4832

Bargaw.4832

Equipping elixir gun with kit refinement breaks fear(doesn’t work if fear got ‘covered’)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Flamethrower kit refinement “fire blast” removes a condition. It can break fear or any condition just like elixir gun’s refinement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Love the damage of the Acid Bomb from Elixir gun but don’t always want it to launch you back because foes (the AI) move out of it? Press the “~” key as soon as youre in the air and it stops the fly back but still spreads the Acid

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

This is my usual damage rotation which destroys everything.

UTILITIES
Elixer h, flamethrower, Elixer b, Elixer gun

Before you start attacking pop an Elixer b.
Next whip out the flamer and build up vulnerability on your target (precise sights trait) and might (sigil of strength + juggernaut). Once you get to 20+ might stacks switch to Elixer gun and use fumigate for more vulnerability.
Next switch to your flamer again and use flame wall and napalm. Then switch to your rifle and use net shot followed by blunderbuss. Then use jump shot on your enemy. Switch to Elixer gun and use acid bomb to end the rotation.

Rinse and repeat

xD

this is hillarious!

and terrible xD

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Engineer

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Love the damage of the Acid Bomb from Elixir gun but don’t always want it to launch you back because foes (the AI) move out of it? Press the “~” key as soon as youre in the air and it stops the fly back but still spreads the Acid

I like to throw out elixir F at close range first to slow them and then acid bomb so that they stay in the aoe longer.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I used to follow overcharged shot with net and jump shot, but people caught on and started dodging. Now, after I land overcharged shot, I usually throw wrench, use flamethrower toolbelt, and land one hip shot—I save my net and jump shot for close range and get the double wrench, hip shot + 10 seconds of burning…

in Engineer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Okay. If you have a good flamethrower build (juggernaut) and HGH in traits, pop Elixir B & Elixir U just before you reach your opponent. Then spam 11111111111 on FT. With the quickening from Elixir U, you should be able to get three flamethrower blasts on your foe super fast and down them before U wears off. EXTREMELY effective if you have high crit %/dam/condition dam. Netshotting them with the rifle before you attack helps big time. While it’s true that Elixir U has a debuff, most of the time the one that procs is the “no endurance regen one”, and who cares. Also, HGH gives you 4 stacks of might off U and B as well. The only downside is that you lose the utility slot you need for U and these days I’ve been using grenades and kit refinement in there. Also the toolbelt skill for U is random and difficult to use. But it’s still a nice FT kit trick. Also, use FT skill 2 on your approach to target.

So it’s:
Netshot
Elixir B
FT 2 while running to target
Elixir U
FT 1111111111111
Boom, they are downed.
Spray corpse with fire.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

(edited by Entropy.4732)

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Thats a neat trick. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that myself, since I keep doing it accidentally on my Ranger (I’ll use Lightning Reflexes, then weapon swap mid-jump and stop dead),

in Engineer

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

Stuff that activates when you use an healing skill can be activated every 10 seconds by simply equipping the Medkit, you don’t need to actually use the F1 Heal or drop any packs.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in Engineer

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

When I need to 1v1 or pull someone off a point and burst em.

Reqs: Rifle, bomb kit, tool kit

1. Drop big ol bomb 1200 distance away from the enemy
2. Magnet pull with toolkit
3. Crowbar
4. They go boom.
——————(From here be creative with the rest of the combo. I’ll throw some suggestions out for ya tho)————-
5. Rifle immobilize.
6. Blunderbuss
7. Overcharged
8. Jump shot

in Engineer

Posted by: Panzen.4625

Panzen.4625

Huh… how? What is bound to ~ on your keyboard? Do you mean weapon switch to put the bundle away? That’s ^, well at least on my keyboard x)

Other things: You can switch kits while some attacks are being cast. E.g. going from flamethrower (long attack, so easier to do) to another kit shouldn’t cancel the flame thrower’s attack if timed right.

in Engineer

Posted by: Cooltar.2608

Cooltar.2608

When encountering Melee (Burst Warriors), I like to drop acid bomb, (drop kit to stop the jump), Sit on the acid. Prep Gear Block. Block his lame burst attack. Followed by a Pry bar, Launch, net and jump shot. I even sometimes run circles around them with slick shoes so they keep getting knocked down haha.

There’s this thing I do called “Plucking”. Steal 1 opponent from the enemies zerg and toss him to your team. Use Magnet to pull him. Get in the direction you want to launch him and throw him to your team with your rifle. Hurray!

I also use acid bomb like I’m playing Quake Rocket Arena. I love that ish!

Ps. Don’t underestimate Turbo Whale.. He’s got skills to pay the bills.

Lambchops The Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

For PVE, I run a full Kit build. Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, and Tool Kit. I use Kit Refinement, Fireforged Trigger, and Power Wrench to make this combo.

1) Net Shot
2) Flame Blast
3) Napalm
4) Incendiary Ammo
5) Throw Wrench
6) Run in swap for Tool Kit (Box of Nails from Kit Refinement)
7) Pry Bar
8) Box of Nails
9) Elixir Gun to Acid Bomb
10) Jump Shot
11) Blunderbuss
12) Overcharged Shot
13) Net Shot
14) Repeat if neccessary

in Engineer

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

For PVE, I run a full Kit build. Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, and Tool Kit. I use Kit Refinement, Fireforged Trigger, and Power Wrench to make this combo.

1) Net Shot
2) Flame Blast
3) Napalm
4) Incendiary Ammo
5) Throw Wrench
6) Run in swap for Tool Kit (Box of Nails from Kit Refinement)
7) Pry Bar
8) Box of Nails
9) Elixir Gun to Acid Bomb
10) Jump Shot
11) Blunderbuss
12) Overcharged Shot
13) Net Shot
14) Repeat if neccessary

Curious to try this, since I already use FT and TK. What’s your full trait build?

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

0/30/0/20/20

Could take 10 out of Firearms if you don’t want Juggernaught.

in Engineer

Posted by: KiefyReefer.8304

KiefyReefer.8304

If you run with the med kit, use elixir for heal when under water and if you run with the elixir as heal, use med kit when under water.
This allows you to heal twice when fighting near water =)
Enjoy it till its fixed, unless this is intended, idk.

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

If you run with the med kit, use elixir for heal when under water and if you run with the elixir as heal, use med kit when under water.
This allows you to heal twice when fighting near water =)
Enjoy it till its fixed, unless this is intended, idk.

i support these shenanigans.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Engineer

Posted by: MikeRiv.4031

MikeRiv.4031

Well, this is a very simple one but very annoying, I use it in WvW all the time, and it’s specially useful against melee characters. When you see a big badazz norr warrior runing straight to you with his hammer in hand ready to knock u down, you put a big old bomb, stay just where you are and with your shield cover the impact with skill 5 to stun them. So as they’re all stunt they can’t do but wait till that big bomb they’ve got in front of em blasts em and sends them flying into the air. Gives you time to prepair a propper attack or scape if you must.

Nortec (Asura Engineer) / Tunridae (Norn Guardian)
Guerreros de la Ăštima Alianza [GDUA]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

When using Kit Refinement it can be tricky to keep track of when the swap effect is on CD.
If you jump and change your kit you will not activate Kit Refinement.
So if you want to ensure you don’t waste your KR Barrage(or any KR effect), jump and switch kits in the air.
Speedy Kits will still activate when swapping in the air.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

When using Kit Refinement it can be tricky to keep track of when the swap effect is on CD.
If you jump and change your kit you will not activate Kit Refinement.
So if you want to ensure you don’t waste your KR Barrage(or any KR effect), jump and switch kits in the air.
Speedy Kits will still activate when swapping in the air.

Wow, that’s really useful for 100nades builds.

Overcharged shot will knock you out of a guardian’s hammer 5 circle.

BoB + smoke bomb = great rez ability.

Bob + smoke bomb + jump shot = great escape.