Kit vs. Shield vs. Back Piece: Can we mix it?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

As an Grenade-spec Engineer, I’m pretty sure I’ll be using my Grenades a lot more than my pistol and shield. If I were to use a specific shield or back piece, it would primarily be for RP/Cosplay purposes than for actual functionality (though, the projectile reflection on the shield is nice, it’s purely situational).

Honestly, I think the shield and/or backpiece should somehow influence the look of our kits in some way. Perhaps the kits could emit some sort of Fractal-like particle effects if you have the glowing Fractal Capacitor. Or maybe the kits could look plush and cute-looking if you have a Quaggan backpack.

In a previous patch, I used to be able to display my decorative backpiece while still using my grenades; and not having my grenade pack cover the piece. It allowed me to appreciate some of the screenshots I took while still keeping up with my damage. Somehow, I can’t make my backpack disappear anymore, and as seen on the attached screenshot, the backpack covers up the backpiece.

For those who prefer having a shield on their back instead of a backpack, then the kits could adopt any particular particle affects (or even an actual themed skin) from them.

There should be a choice between adopting the effects from the shield, the backpiece, or both.

For now, I’m left with a rather odd dilemma— and that’s choosing what to put in my back while in combat. In non-combat areas, I suppose I could put one of my elixirs on autocast so that both my shield and my backpiece can always be displayed. Perhaps it shouldn’t matter much while in combat since my eyes are more likely on the enemy than on my back, but for times when I want to take some in-game photography, I guess I’ll have to stick with my grenades until I stumble into a screenshot-worthy moment, then I’ll go to pistol+shield mode temporarily for the screenshot before going back to grenades again.

Anyone else in a similar issue as me when it comes to what goes on our backs?

DISCLAIMER: No bragging rights implied. Just a rather extreme example.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Engineer

Posted by: acedragonz.9387

acedragonz.9387

I agree with you. I don’t want those ugly Backpacks I want my backpiece!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Definitely!

Also, I hate to think how some Engineers felt after purchasing the Charr or Quaggan backpack with real money instead of converting gold into gems. I would have probably feel somewhat gypped and demanded a refund. If the issue has to be escalated, I’m not sure how far I would take the issue; but knowing me, I would go as far as humanly possible to demand a refund. I’m sure the BBB has a well-documented rap sheet about me when it comes to customer service complaints.

Okay, maybe that’s just an exaggeration, but if real money is involved, I’d probably feel somewhat annoyed about it; post about my complaint on the forums; get flamed at from the community because I didn’t use Google or other researching methods; and then getting banned from the forums because I decided to speak out my mind in total rage. All that while feeling Like a Boss.

Silliness aside, I think I might spend some time to draw out some backpack concepts. Once I feel satisfied, I’ll share my ideas here on the forums and on Reddit.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)