Kits do NOT scale with weapons...

in Engineer

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Simple… Kits dont scale… If they did? Engineers wouldnt be underpowered (Which they really arent bad I just really want them to scale)

Also manually aiming flamethrowers would make them far more useful in WvW (If their range is far enough to hit up a wall not sure) xD

(edited by Pip Squeak.3418)

in Engineer

Posted by: draculthemad.6273

draculthemad.6273

They do scale with stats just not whats on the weapon, and you can manually aim flamethowers. The graphical effect doesn’t always follow, but the damage does.

in Engineer

Pip Squeak.3418

well thats cool! But say you had an amazingly powerful rifle with some super awesome sigils… The flamethrower cant benefit from that…

in Engineer

Posted by: draculthemad.6273

draculthemad.6273

Until they fix it somehow, the only sigil you can really benefit from are the ones that put up stacks. You don’t lose them when you swap to a kit, and you keep the stats from them.

I am not sure, but wouldn’t a “normal” weapon swap wipe them?

in Engineer

Posted by: Earthmonkey.4326

Earthmonkey.4326

At 80, all kits are set to 975 base dmg.

Do you know what they were set at during BWE2? Some were set as low as 400, others around 700.

In short, they’ve been buffed significantly, they don’t need their damage buffed anymore. Some of the skills/toolbelt skills could definitely be changed and buffed however. (looking at you, FT5!)

I honestly think that the only base dmg buff the engi needs at this point, is turrets to be buffed, possibly scaled with your main-hand weapon. They are just soo weak (in dmg) for their limitations (immobile).

And finally, the Engi is in a pretty good place for all game modes at the moment. They just happen to be much weaker with Condition Damage builds than they used to be. (which I hope gets fixed, because I loved my condi engi)

in Engineer

Posted by: awalloftext.7130

awalloftext.7130

While it’s true that all kits have good base damage, this still presents a lot of issues.

At level 80, you have a big problem in the sense that your kits will no longer scale with your weapons; your weapons get better and better as you get upgrades, and your kit remains constant.

You also have stats other than damage, of course. If you’re building a set with condition damage, crit, or healing, you can miss out on a significant chunk of stats that would normally be applied to your weapons. Base damage isn’t everything, after all.

Compared to other classes that can swap weapons, we have to occupy a utility slot to swap weapons (to a kit). This by itself I don’t have a problem with, but with the fact that we can’t have scaling stats or sigils tied to our kits is a huge oversight. Sure you can build up stacks with a primary weapon before switching kits, but this is incredibly clunky and tedious. Imagine if, say, a Warrior built all of his traits around using a sword, but he had to use his (almost completely unsupported by traits) rifle to kill 20 enemies and build his sigil stacks first… because that’s pretty much what we do already.

TL;DR: Kits shouldn’t have base damage, and should instead scale with whatever weapons/sigils you have equipped.

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

I like it that Kits don’t scale with weapons, that way always have 100% effectivity.
If you let them scale with weapons you would have to nerf them and you would need exotic weapons to be on pair with the previous strength.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

At 80, all kits are set to 975 base dmg.
In short, they’ve been buffed significantly, they don’t need their damage buffed anymore. Some of the skills/toolbelt skills could definitely be changed and buffed however. (looking at you, FT5!)

Your making assumptions. You assume everyone only uses sigils that directly effect damage. The sigils have many other values and benefits beyond that.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

I like it that Kits don’t scale with weapons, that way always have 100% effectivity.
If you let them scale with weapons you would have to nerf them and you would need exotic weapons to be on pair with the previous strength.

You clearly haven’t played endgame yet.
If your kits dont scale… while other clases have a DPS increase with their weapons, we stay the same, got a nice shiny new exotic weapon? eh your ’nades still do the same, while that warrior over there is doing easily over 15k dmg with his new sword.

As for your claim to nerf first, do you have any numbers to back up your claims, or are they just some numbers you randomly pulled?

in Engineer

Posted by: Spart.6578

Spart.6578

If you like losing stats because kits don’t have them and are set to the equivalent of a masterwork weapon then sure.

I would like the 350 stat allocation that I get from my rifle on kits.

If they redo the forumla, then you would see a damage nerf if you were using a fine weapon or lower. Shifting the base damage of skills down a bit to account that the weapon damage is going up doesn’t mean it’s a nerf. Also you wouldn’t need exotic weapons to be on par with the previous strength when the base weapon damage is in the range of a masterwork weapon.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pointless.3658

Pointless.3658

Oy. Well. Wish I’d seen this before gleefully leveling up Huntsman. If this is something that’s staying the way it is, I guess my flamethrower will gather dust for a while. Meh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

The Base Damage is not the Problem, the Stats are which you lose.

i have 120 Vit and Toughness (PvP/WvW Pistol and Shield) on both Weapon when i switch all is gone!

The 5% Crit Sigill dont work and the 60% Bleedchance did also not work, this is a extremly huge disadvantage to the Engineer.

I am astonished how ArenaNet ignores this fact since the beta.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

@Haralin

Its not as much ignore, but more incapable.

I’ve tested it, and I’ve found that environmental weapons found around the world such as: Bone, branch, boulder and so on… share the same gameplay mechanics as kits, the same flaws that everyone is describing and everything.

So, to me, its an issue of arenanet making kits into one thing, and wanting them to be another thing. Kits are bundles, but everyone wants them to be weapons, and Arenanet have no clue how to fix them without somehow making them equipped onto the character screen.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: korpsicle.7581

korpsicle.7581

Simple… Kits dont scale… If they did? Engineers wouldnt be underpowered (Which they really arent bad I just really want them to scale)

Also manually aiming flamethrowers would make them far more useful in WvW (If their range is far enough to hit up a wall not sure) xD

just dont click on to someone and then you can manual aim

in Engineer

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

do bombs work with prec? like crit chance also affects bombs? I guess as well as nades and flamethrowers?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Engineer

Posted by: Beaster.4531

Beaster.4531

Neds fix pls omfg nonono

in Engineer

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Why can’t we place runes and sigils into the kits just like it were weapons?

in Engineer

Pip Squeak.3418

I honestly think if they made Blunderbuss a bit more viable by making it NOT a melee attack (100 range… really?) I might be fine with kitten kits. xD

in Engineer

Posted by: Psaakyrn.5794

Psaakyrn.5794

Even if they increase the range of blunderbuss, they’d make the damage fallout at long range so drastic you might as well be using it in close range (like blowtorch)

in Engineer

Posted by: Crax Mauldoon.8632

Crax Mauldoon.8632

I’m going to level an engineer and never use anything expect my level 1 weapons…
At least I won’t have to do the Legendary Grind, I’ll never be equipping one.