Kits don`s contribute stats from weapons - bug or intention?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Q:

In term of combat it isnt so bad but I have on weapons 12% magic find and its a lot if you try maxing it. There is no other profession with this disadvantage.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

A:

Whenever I see this question asked, I always see the response that the Devs are aware of it and that it is a confirmed bug. However I haven’t yet seen a link to any post where an ArenaNet representative has confirmed this. I think it would be extremely useful to be able to link any such response when posts of this nature crop up in the future (and they will, until the blasted things are fixed) so can anyone know where an official response might be found?

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Other professions have other disadvantages of this nature due to unexpected bugs and unintended issues of this nature. Threads have been made a great length. It is a known issue, and is in the process of being fixed. No one likes it, I know I don’t anyway. The best thing to do is to try to maintain the understanding that there are issues and bugs that encompass everyone. They will not be to quick to focus on professions issues until they knock out ones that can potentially effect everyone. From what I see, I personally feel they will be getting to it soon enough.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

They didnt fixed it since Beta, maybe they dont have a dev for the engi

Funny thing is if i catch a firesword from a mage my stats are still there

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Whenever I see this question asked, I always see the response that the Devs are aware of it and that it is a confirmed bug. However I haven’t yet seen a link to any post where an ArenaNet representative has confirmed this. I think it would be extremely useful to be able to link any such response when posts of this nature crop up in the future (and they will, until the blasted things are fixed) so can anyone know where an official response might be found?

How many search’s have you done to look for the link? How many post have you made asking someone to provide it? Calling it out and complaining about it in such a manner defeats the purpose, if you haven’t taken the proper steps yourself.

If your going to claim and complain that no one has posted a link to anything, I wouldn’t mind seeing you post a link to show that you actually asked.

By your own logic, you clearly haven’t done either of them. Because If you have, I would have seen it right? Just as you would have seen the post your are suggesting doesn’t exist simply because you personally haven’t seen it.

Funny thing is if i catch a firesword from a mage my stats are still there

I don’t think I believe this claim. If this is true they made a stealth change fairly recently. Got a vid or screen shot to support this?

(edited by coglin.1496)

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

The actual post no longer exists because it was made on the official forums after a Beta Weekend Event, and those forum posts have all been deleted. The dev comment, paraphrased, is that they are aware of the sigils not affecting kits, and were looking for a solution to that. They didn’t say anything about weapon stats. The community inferred from the dev response about sigils, perhaps incorrectly, that weapon stats will also carry over to kits if/when sigils work for kits.

However, there is still hope, but it comes from the reddit AMA all the way back to early June: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uodjr/im_a_guild_wars_2_developer_ama_about_the_next/c4x4ffk

Coglin’s basic premise is correct. Stats are lost when donning bundles, which applies to Warrior banners and Elementalist conjures.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Engineer

Posted by: SixSins.7610

SixSins.7610

It HAS to be either a bug or a weird design for one reason: sPvP. In sPvP you by a necklace with enough stats to compensate for a full armor AND weapon set at level 80. Because this bonus from necklace does not drop when you equikittent, kits are by and large stronger in sPvP than elsewhere. This is weird to say the least. Either they did not think about this, they chose to make it that way, or weapon stats not carrying over to bundles is unintentional.

Considering how smart the devs at Anet are to make the rest of this game we can rule out that they simply didn’t see this and while it is possible that it was made that way intentionally, wouldn’t we have seen a post explaining their thought process behind this? That would have stopped all this long ago and very simply. This leaves that the problem of weapon stats not carrying over is a bug and unintentional.

If all of the above is true, then Anet has seen the problem and is working on it. If any of my logic is flawed, please let me know. I’ve been standing on these rationalizations for a while, lol.

Apparently, “Equip – a – kit” is bad and should feel bad for being a bad word.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ixal.7924

Ixal.7924

It doesn’t really matter. Considering the speed in which ANet is addressing problems it won’t be changed any time soon, if at all.

So just assume it is intended.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

It doesn’t really matter. Considering the speed in which ANet is addressing problems it won’t be changed any time soon, if at all.

So just assume it is intended.

Trolling hard I see

What do you base this claim on? They are fixing a ridiculous about of problems, at a decent pace. As well they have displayed some “good faith” in the kits area by fixing the auto attack issues.

Have you even looked at the daily dev post? To see what they are working on? Have you kept up with the list of bugs they fix every day when they post them?

Especially after we explain there response, you still claim that it is worked as intended. Got to love a clear and defined troll.

(edited by coglin.1496)