Koi Cake for Cond engs

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

The new food for condition Engs: Koi Cake (only while Dragon Bash lasts).

Koi Cake is a 20min version of Rare Veggie Pizza (+40% cond duration, +70 cond damage, +10% exp) and it’s a fraction of the cost.

RVPizza is 3-4s on the TP. Koi Cake is 50-55c on the TP or 5 Zhaitaffy from the Dragon Bash Merchant by the Mystic Forge in Lion’s Arch.

You have to refresh it more often (every 20min rather than every 30) but at the price it’s very hard to beat.

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

A couple days ahead of you.

I have 2000 Koi Cakes sitting in my bank.

…I might have gone overboard.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

In any MMO there is rarely any such thing as “overboard”.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Nonsense, either you’re set for life. Or the prices over time will go up as supply drops and you are sitting on a fortune.

Its a win – win!

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

I actually have around 2k as well =P.

Will resell quite nicely.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I only bought 250 of those some days ago :<

spent alot of gold on those +150 toughness pots you can buy in southsun for my ele. (they stack with regular food btw, they take the mastercrystal/stone/oil slot)

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Hehe i pretty much did this as well when I saw hwo cheap they was haha

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Yeah I bought myself 600 for now I don’t think they’ll rise though. A slight maybe when the event is done.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

Considering that rare veggie pizza is ~4s, the proper price for kois should be more like 2.5s (2/3rds of pizza’s price). As long as it’s below that, money savvy people will buy kois.

And if not, as a condition engineer, I’ll have enough to last for a year ;D

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Yeah I bought myself 600 for now I don’t think they’ll rise though. A slight maybe when the event is done.

I don’t see it going up in price either. At least: Not for a very long time. There’s just too many on the TP.

But given that they’re so cheap, and because Condition Duration food is arguably our best to use in dungeons/WvW regardless of what build you have, you might as well stock up anyway.

It cost me roughly 20 gold to get all that I wanted. Maybe in a couple months I can re-sell it for 40, but I’d rather keep it to myself and never have to buy Rare Veggie Pizza ever again.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I don’t see it going up in price either. At least: Not for a very long time. There’s just too many on the TP.

But given that they’re so cheap, and because Condition Duration food is arguably our best to use in dungeons/WvW regardless of what build you have, you might as well stock up anyway.

It cost me roughly 20 gold to get all that I wanted. Maybe in a couple months I can re-sell it for 40, but I’d rather keep it to myself and never have to buy Rare Veggie Pizza ever again.

Its always a longterm investment. When was the winter event? Half a year ago? And now the snowflakes are looking very profitable. I litterally stand to quadruple my initial investment, probably more.

So sure, it might not be instant profit. But the price will be pulled up because these items are also being consumed really fast. 3 cakes for 1hour of PvE/WvW.

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Its always a longterm investment. When was the winter event? Half a year ago? And now the snowflakes are looking very profitable. I litterally stand to quadruple my initial investment, probably more.

So sure, it might not be instant profit. But the price will be pulled up because these items are also being consumed really fast. 3 cakes for 1hour of PvE/WvW.

Keep in mind that Super Veggie Pizza is a cheap alternative that gives 36% Condition Duration and is less than 1s a piece on the TP.

Many Engineers go for 2x Mad King, 2x Lyssa, 2x Lich/Nightmare for that reason, picking up an extra 4% Condition Duration to make up for their food.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

3s bleeds are just meh…

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

The Bash foods are indeed quite useful for many builds and professions. I’ve been stocking up!

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Shanks R Us.2489

Demand shot up this morning. Almost 30k buy offers came out of nowhere. Looks like people are finally starting to figure it out. Good thing I already bought 3k ^^

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

3s bleeds are just meh…

Who said we were talking about pistol autoattack? 3s bleeds might be meh but 5-6 burns are delicious.

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Demand shot up this morning. Almost 30k buy offers came out of nowhere. Looks like people are finally starting to figure it out. Good thing I already bought 3k ^^

Darn it, knew I should have negotiated a commission with the Black Lion Trading Company before posting this.

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: vluhd.7562

vluhd.7562

3s bleeds are just meh…

Who said we were talking about pistol autoattack? 3s bleeds might be meh but 5-6 burns are delicious.

Being able to pump my fear times up is a huge plus.
I’m buying the crap out of this and the kraklechocolate bars.

IGN: Toxicodendron Vox
Dragonriders [DR]

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

It really is crap that Anet is flooding the market with cheap level 80 foods. Stupid to cause such deflation. How can we trust them? I’ve made quite a bit of money crafting and selling level 80 food stuff and now they are almost worthless.

Thanks Anet.

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

That vendor is sticking around permanantly, so no rush to spend all your candy

Koi Cake for Cond engs

in Engineer

Shanks R Us.2489

That vendor is sticking around permanantly, so no rush to spend all your candy

Eventually, though, the supply of cakes & candy will diminish, with the end of the event. Supply is great as of now, but as people continue to use this cheaper alternative, it will fall & demand will rise. Remember that these only last 20 minutes, so while it’s a more cost-effective alternative right now, people will burn through them quick & the prices will eventually be on par with that of the rare veggie pizzas.