Koroshi's Guide thread [Updated Regularly]

in Engineer

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

Hello,

I am Koroshi, mainly known from my Engineer WvW streams. I have decided to work on providing content about the engineer, this will include:

• Guides (From basic to expert)
  • PvP Footage
  • Any other suggestions that might come up.

This thread will be used to link towards the content. If you want to see anything specific to the engineer, let me know in a reply or private message.

Guides:

WvW Bomb Engineer Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Aiden.6209

Aiden.6209

Hey koroshi, love your streams!

Thanks for this bomb build, looks very good from the video, going to try it out

[JDGE]

Aztro [Engineer] Extro [Warrior] Xilent [Thief] Tyrax Deathrain [Ranger] Krogax [Guardian]

in Engineer

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

How do you handle ranged kiters (e.g. phantasm mesmers) that are actually capable of dodging magnet?

Do you play this build in group scenarios as well? Bomb kit always seems a bit suicidal to me compared to grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

Good job man, your stream and builds are awesome. Keep up the good work!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Engineer

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

How do you handle ranged kiters (e.g. phantasm mesmers) that are actually capable of dodging magnet?

Do you play this build in group scenarios as well? Bomb kit always seems a bit suicidal to me compared to grenades.

You hide your magnet in your skills or walls, you can pre-cast behind a wall and they won’t see the animation or use it when your big bomb just exploded. If do end up being kited use your environment make them come to you.

The build allows you to support your teammates in multiple ways however rocket boots, is more of a solo roaming skill, if you wanted to move with a group I would suggest getting elixer gun for more support.

What the bomb kit allows you to do is get stable aoe stealth, blinding field (together with stealth awesome to ress your buddies), good way to keep your opponents of your if they do decide to come in the fields they will suffer a lot of dmg, giving you the oppurtunity to deal damage or buy time for your heals etc..