[LF] Condition roaming build

in Engineer

Posted by: WhiteGlint.4897

WhiteGlint.4897

Hello fellow engis

I’ve been playing this game most of the time roaming on WvW maps and after 1 year with the hammer as a weapon of choice, I feel bored with it. :/

There is any other option beside the “META hammer power build” based on Condition Damage?

*Disclaimer: I still like the hammer power build, it’s very overpowered. >:D

Thanks in advance!

in Engineer

Posted by: Voidstar.3620

Voidstar.3620

Here is my condition scrapper build that I really enjoy. Shield, tool kit and rocket boots can also work.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdIQJAqancoC1ahdpCGpCEqiF2iC8DLxAgO4H+lfMHHjvA-T1hGABE/gAWTPAAnQAM2fgKlgPq+TSK/CAgAMzyMAG6QH6QH6QbmzcmzcmzsQALWDA-w

(edited by Voidstar.3620)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

I know most people think elite is always better than non elite, and usually it is true, but in this case I really don’t feel Scrapper is a big contribution for a condition engineer, you get much more from Inventions or Tools.

I like Pistol/Pistol, trait lines are Firearms/Alchemy/Tools, Rocket Boots for the huge Tool Belt burn as well as the escape, Healing Turret, Elixir C for aoe + self condition cleansing, Supply Crate and either Elixir Gun or Flamethrower. I can dodge every 3.5 seconds, which helps a lot and is very fun, it gives a more dynamic feel.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkrath.1407

Arkrath.1407

I know most people think elite is always better than non elite, and usually it is true, but in this case I really don’t feel Scrapper is a big contribution for a condition engineer, you get much more from Inventions or Tools.

I like Pistol/Pistol, trait lines are Firearms/Alchemy/Tools, Rocket Boots for the huge Tool Belt burn as well as the escape, Healing Turret, Elixir C for aoe + self condition cleansing, Supply Crate and either Elixir Gun or Flamethrower. I can dodge every 3.5 seconds, which helps a lot and is very fun, it gives a more dynamic feel.

I too run a very similar build to you, it took a while to get familiar with the rotations and the ‘’UH OH RUN’’ techniques but once you get it down, its brutal to anyone un-prepared.

Fancy linking a build link? Curious to see your setup.

in Engineer

WhiteGlint.4897

Everything you said about specialization, I’m starting to takes as reality. Last night after spend almost a hour thinking about how to make Scrapper works with a condition based build, I came to this but feels like it’s missing something (the gear used on this build as from my engi before they changed the trait system and was moldering in my bank. Not a single piece was replaced with those new stats).

After some tests in Eternal Battlegrounds… Long short story: good damage, good when you need clean your conditions, not too good outnumbered fights and sustain/escape (nothing special).

I’ll try later something similar of your build – not using scrapper – and see the result.

Thanks for the advice

(edited by WhiteGlint.4897)

in Engineer

Posted by: Tor.1365

Tor.1365

Yup, firearms, tools, alchemy is the way to go. FT for incendiary ammo is a must-have, everything else is optional.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhatY7Ww+KQ7FLsFF4HWiBwYOOG/oYHNFPBA-T1xCABT/AA8U9nxUCilyPAOBA6pH4k9HCAgAMzyMAO6RP6RP6RrMP6MP6RLFwdrBA-w

I prefer e-gun for a low CD stunbreak, strong autos and poison stacking, plus extra sources of cleansing & might. Mortar for defensive purposes – blind fields, extra poison stacking, and a water field (you have 4 blasts in this build).

3rd utility has a lot of choices, I tend to run:
* Elixir S if I want the drop on someone, or fighting outnumbered and want invuln for survival and/or stomping
* Elixir C when facing strong condi pressure, particularly builds that have a lot of covering conditions
* Toolkit rarely, but good versus lots of pew-pew or burst. Take the tools trait for this

You can play with traits a bit, try Kinetic Battery for a double incendiary ammo proc or double stun break, but if you can’t make it work adrenal implant is a good fallback. Alchemy traits can be shuffled a bit too.

in Engineer

Posted by: Voidstar.3620

Voidstar.3620

I use tools. I just don’t use alchemy. I know the engineer community believes alchemy is a must have, and for good reason. I don’t necessarily think scrapper is a better build than alchemy (although I do beat plenty of hammer scrapper meta builds with it). This build plays more like a thief. Pistol bursts out of stealth are fun on a scrapper.

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

personally i think that if your not using hammer, don’t use scrapper trait line, you will miss out on more useful traits.

If your going condi engi then use firearms, alchemy and tools. As it would give you the most useful traits, while being able to choose whatever utilities you want. I personally like rocket boots, tool kit and elixir gun….but then i have always used that build for more than 3 yrs….

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Engineer

WhiteGlint.4897

personally i think that if your not using hammer, don’t use scrapper trait line, you will miss out on more useful traits.

If your going condi engi then use firearms, alchemy and tools. As it would give you the most useful traits, while being able to choose whatever utilities you want. I personally like rocket boots, tool kit and elixir gun….but then i have always used that build for more than 3 yrs….

I was testing almost the same skill set yesterday, but instead of Rocket Boots, it was a triple kit bomb-TK-EG (even without the bomb fuse trait). Quite good as I can say in term of damage and retreat. xD

Can you link your build sir?

(edited by WhiteGlint.4897)

in Engineer

J envy.5270

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh+uYJXwdLQ7FLsFlYHNFPB4HWiBwYOOGfBA-T1RTAB4oHwwTAQVq/U4DAwClfAs/QIKBJFwiKrA-w

i have a full rabids, full zerker and full viper’s set(rune of berserker, sinister earrings and rings). If you feel you need more survivability go with rabids, if you like to pop a huge burst you can use vipers.

I have always like using rocket boots for wvw roaming as engineers have really bad mobility outside swiftness but also rocket boots has low cd with a blast finisher which i usually use insync with my f1 heal for the extra heal blast. But if your inside a tower/keep you can always replace it for grenades or bombs if you need more fire power, i just always felt the lack of mobility so i prefer to use it.

Before HoT came out i’ve used p/p or p/s bomb kit,tool kit,rocket boots that still and i like to combine smoke bomb and rocket boots for stealth. Although when i need more i pop big ol bomb then smoke bomb then shield 4, then healing turret(don’t overload it, just detonate it for blash finisher), and lastly rocket boots for = 8 sec stealth(took a while to perfect it)

I always build my traits/utilities around more survival because engineers dont have alot of access to stun breaks and stabilitys which other classes have, they also can’t outrun other classes which gimps them even further, so even when i go full glass, my traits/utility skills still give me a breather.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

condi scrapper is enjoyable for me but im really not quite happy with the build overall. I take traveler runes to swap tools for scrapper, and I get stealth gyro from the trade (potent for roaming). generally I run bulwark/ft/eg and the obvious firearms/alchemy, and 312 in scrapper. trailblazer and rabid mix for gear, but I need to put more viper on that engi now that it’s accessible.

it does well in target sparse environments, but really lacks aoe. the damage is fine despite traveler runes, just make sure to spam some eg autos for burn covers.

it’s fun but in the end it doesn’t make use of scrapper very well, but replacing scrapper with explosives leaves you vulnerable, and switching runes to take tools or inventions leaves something to be desired against other elites.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

J envy.5270

thats the thing about the scrapper trait line….it doesn’t mesh with conditions or any build not using hammer as a weapon imo…using scrapper trait line is just a waste of traits…forced to use traveler runes because you sacrificed tools for scrapper is not worth it.

The thing about roaming on any class, buildwise you gotta find the right traits to match with your skills and armor. Yes, you can build your roaming builds however you want, but the reason some are more used(meta) builds is because those builds sync so well that between the traits and the armor and the skills being used, the player becomes so well rounded as a roamer and not get easily killed by other roamers especially when outnumbered.

Ex. Its not easy to kill d/p thieves, PU condi mesmers, shout druids roamers, and even some condi berserkers as those builds have so much survival while having enough dps to dish out that they can either burst you or outlive your burst and reset a fight either from mobility, stealth or both.

Some builds are just aren’t on the same leveling field compared to others, this is why i haven’t really been roaming on my engineer since HoT as much as i do with my other classes, since i personally feel its pretty kitten for a solo roamer. Other roamers will keep resetting the fight when they go low, while you eventually run out of cool downs and die.

So you can either play power hammer scrapper and build very tanky as engineers lack mobility but have decent roaming capabilities, or play a non scrapper condi build which i find is not as good as hammer scrappers(for solo roaming) since HoT came out, but still viable.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

(edited by J envy.5270)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

forced to use traveler runes because you sacrificed tools for scrapper is not worth it.

i think it is worth it. i suggest you try it. tools gets you very little in a condi build. and trailblazer/viper make up for not having balthazar runes.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

J envy.5270

I have played around with all types of builds for the engineer, so I personally dislike traveler runes since engineers have access to perma swiftness and 25%movement speed trait. Traveler rune gimps your build either by lacking dps or lacking survivability.

Tools sync with most builds as both major and minor traits have use whether your power,condi, or tank. On the other hand, scrapper has alot of useless traits for condi builds. Tools are used to increase dps by both power and condi builds, scrapper is only used by hammers and more tanky builds.

But it’s your personal preference, i just find mismatch between scrapper traitline and condi builds.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

forced to use traveler runes because you sacrificed tools for scrapper is not worth it.

i think it is worth it. i suggest you try it. tools gets you very little in a condi build. and trailblazer/viper make up for not having balthazar runes.

I dont’ agree. If you use pistol pistol you have not a block. If you use toolkit with powerwrench you have a great boost. Tool also give you 33% speed and the reduction of toolbet skills . it is something important becouse you have more frequent access to ft toolbet who is really really strong. I play with tools, ft and elixir S and the reduction on stealth is really good ( 6 secs every 32 )

in Engineer

J envy.5270

yep thats basically what i was trying to say as well that tools is important, and thats how it syncs with most builds really well.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

yep thats basically what i was trying to say as well that tools is important, and thats how it syncs with most builds really well.

It is quite a must if you use toolkit. If you don’t take it it is not so important imho

in Engineer

J envy.5270

Theres the vigor when u use tool belt skills, breakstun trait, swiftness, reduced tool belt skill cooldowns, increased dmg while full dodge meter, 50% evade regeneration…..this skills are so good no matter what build you use.

Toolkit reduced cd and static discharge is there too but the extra breakstun is important as quad kit builds lack in stunbreak skills except eg toolbelt skill. So Imo it’s more important than just using toolkit skills.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05