LF: Flamethrower Leveling Build

in Engineer

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Howdy folks!

After playing a bunker engi in sPvP for the last few days, I’ve decided to actually level one up to 80. I was wondering though if you all could suggest a leveling build I can use with the flamethrower? I’m not a huge fan of the grenades/bomb kits.

Thanks!

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Get Speedy kits asap. Gear for Power damage, maybe toss some defense in if needed. When you’re able get Juggernaut trait.

For other utilities if you’re traveling Elixir B till you get speedy kits is nice for swiftness. Rocket Boots as a leap (well you leap but it’s a blast… yeah )

Maybe Elixir C for condi removal as we lack that in general.

That’s about it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

once you have speedy kits and don’t need elixir B anymore, combine slick-shoes’ superspeed and rocket-boots for superior leaps.
if you want more dmg, equip throw mine and forceful explosives instead slick-shoes.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Get 2 Tools for Speedy Kits, then 2 Firearms for Fireforged Trigger, then 4 Alchemy for Deadly Mixture.

The rest doesn’t matter all too much, because you tend to take universally-taken traits beyond that point. (e.g., Modified Ammo, Empowering Adrenaline, etc. etc.) Make sure you’re geared for power, as burning doesn’t scale as well off condition damage as much as Flame Blast does off power.

When you unlock it, I also suggest pairing the elixir gun with it and using Acid Bomb whenever it’s up for extra damage. The elixir gun also benefits from all the above traits, so they synergize well. There’s a trick with it where you can use the stow kit button (`) to cancel the backwards leap, keeping you within range to attack. If you get good with hitting tilde, you can drop most mobs pretty quickly through Acid Bomb and using Flame Blast every time it’s up.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)