LF P/P sPvP build.

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sanguinar.3517

Sanguinar.3517

I can’t seem to find any online that are recent. I’m aware P/P is not meta, but I still want to run it to try something new. Does anyone got a working P/P build I can try in sPvP?

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Flamethrower_Condi

Something like that. Just gotta be aware of when people have no condi removal left, and you bomb your Burning.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sanguinar.3517

Sanguinar.3517

Something like that. Just gotta be aware of when people have no condi removal left, and you bomb your Burning.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but isn’t that a flame thrower centric build?

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but isn’t that a flame thrower centric build?

No. Had it been so, it would use Juggernaut and Mass Momentum.

FT is used mostly for its toolbelt skill which does a tremendous amount of burning damage.

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancTBtbhdeBWXBEqiF2iiO4H+kH8DLxAQsjminA

I used this pre HoT all the time, inventons instead of scrapper, and rabid instead kf wanderer’s, with pretty good success. With expansion, I replaced with scapper and wanderer’s. It’s even better. Played it through emerald, 90% soloQ, no problems. Still bust it out in ruby with buddies.

Can swap rocket boots for slick shoes for a burstier set up. Burn application on toolbelt is comparable to flamethrower in damage, for half the cooldown. Good for escapes, and additional finisher.

I left sigils blank because it is such a matter of preference. I used torment and geomancy. Pick what suits your play style.

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I tried different solutions and sadly all seemed me very suboptimal ( hgh with elixirs, ft , with nades and toolkit as old style ) … really far from hammer. While rifle is in someway really viable ( try for example jebro build , something like this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhSsYnXw+KQ7FLvFV4IGRp23QFhBg4F1EtIA-TJBHwAt2fYwFAAZZAAPAAA
) For pistol pistol i did not find something viable and i see 2 problems :
- low vitality of amulet which deny you to survive to condition
-low direct damage that deny you to make damage to some professions like necros or also ele ( you have to make them direct damage to go over diamond skin ) .
I suggest you to try a condi build with celestial amulet… you can survive conditions better but i found them always suboptimal

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

I did miss using P/P HGH Nades for condi’s so I gave it a try. Without boon removal though you are a slave to Mal Revs, and Necros are more common then they used to be. Although it’s surprisingly more effective than I thought at getting past Diamond Skin when you have Nades, and when you have repeatable access to every condi except slow and weakness condi removal still has troubles against it. You can melt anything without complete condi wipes or tons of resistance though in seconds still. It’s also a glass cannon surviving only with boons, and a pair of invulns. I did really well with a Condi Rev ally removing boons or Tempest ally covering up my defenses. It ain’t gonna be a meta build though.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

(edited by Ayestes.1273)

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I did miss using P/P HGH Nades for condi’s so I gave it a try. Without boon removal though you are a slave to Mal Revs, and Necros are more common then they used to be. Although it’s surprisingly more effective than I thought at getting past Diamond Skin when you have Nades, and when you have repeatable access to every condi except slow and weakness condi removal still has troubles against it. You can melt anything without complete condi wipes or tons of resistance though in seconds still. It’s also a glass cannon surviving only with boons, and a pair of invulns. I did really well with a Condi Rev ally removing boons or Tempest ally covering up my defenses. It ain’t gonna be a meta build though.

Problem of nades is that if you take explosive and don’t take firearms you lost incendiary powder which is really a great loss ( even the other 2 mayor traits with pistols are important ) . ( you can not take nades and not have grenadeer) If u take explosive and firearms you are quite “naked” to damage , You can take for example alchemy but without elixir B u have no speed access and if you take it you can not take elixir S .. stealth is really strong nowdays –
For avoid all these problems i am trying this build which works quite well.
The idea is to make direct damage with elixir Gun and with blast gyro.
The use of blast gyro in this condi build is mandatory becouse it lets you make direct damage and knock back every 15 seconds …. it is quite strong .Try it .
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancTBVXhtbBuoCEqiF2iC8DLxAg+3P+kXsjminA-TJhAABA8AA0vMwGnAAY2fAA
Scrapper traits synery well becouse when you have stability you gain a lot of might . You camp all the time on elixir Gun and swap to pistols only as melee weapon for pistol 2-4 and for pistol 3 for blind . The only luck .. as in all these type of builds is AOE

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

Oh no, I didn’t lose Firearms. I went Explosives, Firearms, and Alchemy. It’s pretty glass cannon, and losing Scrapper sucks.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

Oh no, I didn’t lose Firearms. I went Explosives, Firearms, and Alchemy. It’s pretty glass cannon, and losing Scrapper sucks.

And you have no speed i suppose ….

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Chaith is playing with 1 ATM, using nades, elixir S and FT. Not sure what traits he settled on, when I watched his stream yesterday he was using explosives, firearms and scrapper.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

And you have no speed i suppose ….

Elixir B and Alchemy. It runs out though. Chaith’s variant looks interesting though too.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

i think he will use something like viper or sinister becouse with scrapper, firearms and explosive you have no condi remove at all … so i think you have to “burst” your opponents

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

You would definitely have to be the +1. Could really use Swiftness for that though. Not sure it’s really all that viable at the moment vs. Maurader/Cele Hammer, hopefully I’m wrong.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

pistol pistol does not fit with with marauder amulet. I thought you were speaking about pistols so pistol with no invention and no alchemy let me think to a heavy burst setup …. so i thought at viper …

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

i don’t know if it is really viable and if i can kill someone before being killed but i wanted to try something like this …
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUUBlYhtoC2XBEqiF2i6LpuwDgO4H+kH8DLxAA-TJhAAB5XG4vTAAAPAAY2fAA

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I run this build,

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUUBFpitbBmcBEqiF2iC8DLxAgO4H+kXsjminA-TJhHABAcCAqY/BgfAAdXGAA

because I love p/p but pure condi does not work. This one works fine for me. I am not able to create a build with 25stacks might, good substain, speed and p/p

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I run this build,

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUUBFpitbBmcBEqiF2iC8DLxAgO4H+kXsjminA-TJhHABAcCAqY/BgfAAdXGAA

because I love p/p but pure condi does not work. This one works fine for me. I am not able to create a build with 25stacks might, good substain, speed and p/p

Really interesting build. I used chaith viper build , really strong but i want to try your also. His build has much more damage but your seems more viable … i have to try it
The only change i’d do is to take medium fire arms trait ( exploited armour perhaps ) to get speed and vulnerability but i know i’d lost condi duration

(edited by PierPiero.9142)

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

I run this build,

Really interesting build. I used chaith viper build , really strong but i want to try your also. His build has much more damage but your seems more viable … i have to try it
The only change i’d do is to take medium fire arms trait ( exploited armour perhaps ) to get speed and vulnerability but i know i’d lost condi duration

I have a very bad rune set but I have enough speed with this set. But you are correct, the speed is the main problem for p/p engis I guess

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I run this build,

I have a very bad rune set but I have enough speed with this set. But you are correct, the speed is the main problem for p/p engis I guess

Your build is great. It is the only viper build i tried with a good mix of survivability and a really good damage . I tried with nades, eg , elixir S like chaith but stay alive is much harder . yours is really impressive

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: dereck.8354

dereck.8354

FT isn’t all about the toolbelt, it has a pushback with burn (can stop ressurection or stomp on friend), an instant blind that can be used to stomp, a fire field, and blast finisher on low cooldown. People may get out of the firefield, but you can throw it on a dowened player, for instance, and put a lot of pressure. All that besides the awesome toolbet skill.

If you getting the FT just for the toolbet, you’re doing this wrong.

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

I run this build,

Your build is great. It is the only viper build i tried with a good mix of survivability and a really good damage . I tried with nades, eg , elixir S like chaith but stay alive is much harder . yours is really impressive

Thank you. I guess Chaithhs build is better for player with his level of skill.

Let me know if you find a way to improve my build. At the moment I like my build very much, I am useful in group fights, I can touch diamond skin ele and necro . I like it.

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: larocca.8391

larocca.8391

Had a lot of fun with this build i came up with a while ago

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhSuYBWw+KQ7FLsFF4HWiBQYKeRvmYHNFPBA-TJhHABAcCAQqMAwPAgg2fAA

Pretty much base power but with rabid, you have the toughness and condi to take hits and outlast and melt enemies, and the precision to proc bunker down so many times since it has only a 2 sec cooldown that youre sitting on a limitless supply of medkits. For this to work you need to have constant pressure to generate the crits for bunker down medkits.

Mecha legs helps you run and evade, the 25% move speed really makes a difference and when in trouble, blast your water fields with orbital strike.

Condi cleanse is the hardest thing for an engi and most people know that, ive found with reasonable stacks you can clear them with the elixir C toolbelt and massive stacks with the elixir itself.

May not work for everyone but i love it, the passive healing from bunker down plus regular heals and mecha legs makes you incredibly slippery and hard to kill.

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Here’s the core engi condi build that Chaithh was running on his stream:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhSsY9VwkLQ+FLsFlYHNFPBYIWiBwXSdhHAA-TJh3gAgnAguyAAPAAx9HAA

P/P with Viper’s amulet and Dura runes. Grenade kit, Elixir S, Tool Kit, and Elixir X. Traits are Explosives, Firearms, and Alch.

I haven’t messed with engi in a while since I’m just not a fan of the current scrapper meta, but I may have to give this a try myself.

LF P/P sPvP build.

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

It is a build with an insane damage but it is really hard to stay alive. I think that for a common player Lupanic build is better . You have really a good damage in any case but with gyros is much simpler to stay alive. Obvioulsy Lupanic’s one is not a "core engi " build

(edited by PierPiero.9142)