LF a PVE Flamethrower/Might stacking build

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Not really interested in using the grenades etc., more interested in stacking as much might as possible and going to town with the flamethrower, I know it’s not optimal etc., just looking for fun. Any well known builds around that someone can link me to?

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Here ya go. Swap runes for Strength and swap grenade kit for bomb kit or elixir B. Use other kits for stacking might, then sit on FT if that’s what you want.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Power_Grenadier

in Engineer

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

well ft build is pretty simple and straight forward…combine juggernaught with hgh and bunkerdown with strength sigils and one of the might rune sets and some weapon stats that have +power and +precision

in Engineer

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Juggernaut, Bunker Down, HGH, Strength runes/sigils, utility bar full of magic beer, Precision armor. Tailor the rest to personal taste. Flamethrower/Bunker Down is hellaciously fun and surprisingly effective in PvE, and saves on the carpal tunnel over the grenade kit. I run mine with Iron-Blooded over HGH for the hefty damage reduction and Flame Legion runes to extend burning durations for extra FT damage and still tend to sit on ~15 Might in a heavy fracas, without any Might-sharing classes around me.

It may not be bleeding-edge optimal, no, but it’s certainly viable, and it’s a whole lot more interesting and flexible than grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

If you look for a viable decent way to play without grenades and stack for your party, use this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelUUhatYfWwdLQ7FLdGEYwLeD/m9tz941DQ3B-TxRBABUcCBuS5HN7PgneCAeQAUq+jZKBFFQgB-e

It’s a bit different than the current meta but top viable and still great dps and utility.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Engineer

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelcThatY1Vw8Kw6FL3FF4C+gBQ4HEQZmYB9D5AA-T1RFABEcCAGUJowq/AwDAgYlfwt/gv6BIFgdLrA-w

Aristocracy runes from CM are free and have the same might duration bonus’s as Strength, but also 3 might on heal (so good with HGH and elixir heal) and instead of power, they are Condi damage.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Engineer

Nemesis.6938

i currently use flame legion runes instead of strength runes because they are much much cheaper (a full strength rune set will cost you somewhere between 55 and 72 gold depending if you go hoelbark or strength) and i feel its still quite effective…
i use this build with some slight changes regarding sigils
http://intothemists.com/guides/5746-thanksgiving_juggernaut_june_spec_update

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Brazil made a pretty good might stacking build. I’m farming Caucasus’s Manner to get the runes for it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvg66tB9JxM. He recommended Sinister for the armor set, but I’m using carrion for a bit more survivability (it’s also cheaper).

in Engineer

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

Every time I try running FT juggernaut builds in PvP I always die in a few seconds and without doing much damage as I either get kited to death by ranged weapons or die to so much condi that I can’t cleanse it fast enough. How do you guys keep from getting manhandled when whipping out the FT?

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Every time I try running FT juggernaut builds in PvP I always die in a few seconds and without doing much damage as I either get kited to death by ranged weapons or die to so much condi that I can’t cleanse it fast enough. How do you guys keep from getting manhandled when whipping out the FT?

Because he’s not using it in pvp?

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Firearms/Invention/Alchemy Celestial Rifle Juggernaut Elixir MightStacker is definitly my favorite build in sPvP
So much a concentration of everything our class provide in a such simple and evident design, can’t understand how I had to test soooo many build until I adopt this one … :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

all elixirs + flamethrower + juggernaut

This is my goto ‘nobrain’ build when feeling down. It works in all game modes for nobrain.

in Engineer

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

Here’s my personal build-
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdIQFAUlUUhqrY5VwWLQ7FL3FFYDWABg4B9D5w3/FgFIA-TRSEABIcBAQZ/h80BAwDAARVf0SJ4SKPiSJ2KqBQKgIWGB-e

PLENTY of might stacking here… probably a little bit of an over kill, but once the combat in PvE starts, you’ll quickly fill up for a constant 25 stacks of might. The main focus is using the FT constantly, then switching to rifle as needed to rotate abilities( like 3,4 and 5). Mortar is useful for the fields (fyi, the ‘Super Elixir’ benefits from HGH as well ) and the double orbital strike. The auto attack on mortar can help stack some quick vuln as well. If you wish to blast might to combo with your FT fire field, you’ll have 4 blasts to work with- FT skill 2, healing turret, and the double orbital strikes.

You can switch a few traits around such as using ‘High Caliber’ instead of ‘Heavy Armor Exploit’ . Or ‘Shaped Charged’ (which is what I’ve been using recently) instead of ‘Aim Assisted Rocket’. Also, if you feel like the Alchemy line isn’t necessary, you can use Tools and tap in some of the utility functions there.

I liked to open with Elixir B and get in some hits to help stack vuln. If we are stacking, or the party is close by, using the fire field and the proper blasts + toss elixirs can create plenty of might quickly. Toss Elixir U is a bit tricky as a means to help stack might, but those who are in melee will appreciate it especially when fighting bosses/mobs with projectiles. Once you’ve start up which really shouldn’t take long, activate Elixir U and pour out the damage. Depending on the situation (buffs and vulnerability, etc. ) , I’ve seen Flame Jet hit in one cast between 8k to 11k. Add in the incendiary ammo and you can get a quick 2ish k spike of burning damage. If you have a person to help out with burning, Flame Jet really benefits. Don’t forget to switch to rifle to fire off a Blunderbuss and jump shot. Also, Flame Blast is your friend. Low CD and it can hit pretty hard. Just make sure you let it roll through your enemy first, then detonate for the full effect. Other quick numbers are Flame Blast hitting around 7 k, blunderbuss around 7 to 8, Jump shot 8-10k , and Orbital around 10k (due to the double hit).

That’s generally how you roll with this one. I have a similar setup for sPvP, but different stats/traits. Also, if you feel like you would want some more toughness switch out the trinkets for Knights. You’ll take a power and ferocity hit, but the overall precision will go up and you’ll have a good amount of toughness. Hope this helps

in Engineer

Nemesis.6938

Cant people all start using intothemists? The other calculators are way worse

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Gw2skills is the best calculator

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

How about people keep using the ones they prefer?
Your browser will surely display all of them.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Use Mine or rocket boots for might stacking

in Engineer

Nemesis.6938

How about people keep using the ones they prefer?
Your browser will surely display all of them.

stop saying these crazy things

my knights-ft-might stacking build just got a WHOLE lot more interesting looking at the scrapper traits….

in Engineer

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

Looks like Scrapper traits just made FT a whole lot more powerful.

Juggernaut + Mass Momentum is going to make FT have insane might uptime. Hell, it sounds like you wont even need Juggernaut or FT to have insane Stability uptime.

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Adaptiv Armor also could potentially deliver a solution for the retal-problem. Really depends on retal being counted as condi dmg or not. In any case, it’s a nice bunker trait.

in Engineer

Nemesis.6938

now im thinking which other traitline will make the race – inventions for the heals and bunker down or elixirs for hgh or iron blooded…gonna be interesting

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

No idea, depends on what the other gyros do.
You already mave -1 slot for FT, so running HgH requires you to bring at least 1or 2 elixirs… not much space for gyros left then.
And depending on their Toolbelts, you maybe even want to run tools.

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

These standard FT builds just got a significant offensive boost with Scrapper traits. Can’t wait to try Mass Momentum and condition clearing drone with this.