LFSoloPvE Build

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Varulv.6943

Varulv.6943

Copy & Paste from other thread I put in the wrong place.

So I have 4 80s. A Mesmer, Thief, Engineer, and Guardian. I really want to stick with one as I am going broke trying to gear them all, and I really want that one to be my engineer as he was my first and I just really like the concept…problem is…I suck. So maybe you great ladies and gents of the forums can give me a hand, I’m looking for a solid build built around soloing, I can find all kinda for dungeon PvE, WvWvW, & PvP. All I am doing right now is exploration, achievements, the world boss circuit, and soloing story line stuff. So please oh please help me out with something that can help me not die 10+ times during this seasons story instances. Dual pistols would be great, would rather stay away form heavy kit use, and gear suggestions. Thank you all.

To address the points made by another user in the previous thread:
1. Would probably have better luck in engineer forum: Made thread in engineer forums
2. You can get badges from Dungeons/PvP for cheaper gear costs: I know I can get token from PvP and Dungeons for armor…I don’t want to PvP or do Dungeons so I pay the gold cost to craft (Engineer is in crafted Exotics & others in crafted rares)
3. If you don’t use kits as an engineer you’ll get wrecked: Yeah…problem is I get wrecked with kits anyways

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

I’m unexperienced with dual pistols, so I recommend a shield instead. Reason: explosion finisher+knockback without the need to blow up a turret.

Utility skills: Healing Turret, Bombkit, Flame Turret, Rocket Turret and Supply Crate.

For traits I suggest: 2/0/6/6/0. Explosives II, Inventions III, X (swappable), XII, Alchemy III, IX, XIII.

The bombkit is much more effective in melee and all bombs have an AoE radius, so you also can hit mobs in your back without the need to turn around. Except for kiting purpose another weapon setup would be a better choice (normal ones or grenades). Let the turrets grab the initial aggro. Thanks to their increased range they most likely will do this job reliably. With Alchemy IX as long as you have the kit activated, you are constantly healed by a small amount, similar to the Guardian’s virtue. With Alchemy XIII and all three turrets placed you also get might, retaliation and vigor every ten seconds. Swap Inventions X when you want to run faster or for another trait. This should make you passing all open pve and story instance content successfully without any issues.

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

The meta rifle build works fine for solo speedroaming, you can drop 10 points in Firearms or Explosives and the 10 in Tools for 20 in Inventions for Power Shoes for convenience, or keep the 30/30/0/0/10 spread and use Speedy Kits.

Engineer is kind of silly for speedclears because their absurdly high, fast-recharging burst kills any Veteran or lower level mob pretty much instantly and they have super easy, convenient access to loads of movement skills.

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

In case you just want a fast and save build, without heavy kit-use that goes nicely in solo-running and offers survivability:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqalcTvpq1+ZXdtuyCbhFr317I1FEIDQBEdNuRP+4/qJA-TBSDgAJKB7V+Nr+DoeihHEw/+DAm/kOhAAA-e
FT/HGH build. enjoy your might.
How to use:
equip flamethrower, point at target, light a smoke, spam #1/#2.
drop all your utilities to get drunk and therefore gain even more might.
In case of impending downstate, drop elixir R. self-rezz trolololol

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqalUUvp6z+Z3ltuyvbhFr31LJtF0o+CozQEbtoy4HXQAA-TBSDgAJKB7V+Nr+DoeihHEw/+DAm/kOhAAA-e
The TNT spamer. Enjoy flying bits and pieces eerywhere
How to use:
equip bombkit, run circles, bump fist on keyboard, something explodes. YAY
in case of too much mobs: spam #1 even more. usually solves this problem.
in case of even more mobs: drop BoB, pistol #5, drop minefield. Smile. Wait for the boom.

These builds are a bit more tanky than necessary, but use the same equip, only traits and utilities are different, therefore you have something to play around with. Also the equip is zerg-ready, just in case you wanna try out wvw and blow up the big boys.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Varulv.6943

Thank for the replys everyone, looks like I have some builds to test out to see what meshes with me.

Question: Right now I’m in Berserker’s armor & jewelry (exotics and some ascended) is this what I should be in, or is this what maybe be the cause of my grief?

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if you cant handle the zerk, swap out a few pieces for knight or celestial until you feel like youre cruising in ezmode, then switch back to zerk as you get better

thats what i did, and now i dont pve in my wvw armor any more.. in fact, 1/2 the time i wvw in my pve set just cuz i can take out camps faster

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Thank for the replys everyone, looks like I have some builds to test out to see what meshes with me.

Question: Right now I’m in Berserker’s armor & jewelry (exotics and some ascended) is this what I should be in, or is this what maybe be the cause of my grief?

What exactly is killing you? You should be able to one-shot anything Vet level or lower and Champs are going to give anyone grief regardless of their gear spec, unless you literally spec full-regen no-damage TVH gear and just AFK-auto-attack champs for two hours each.

If anything, if you are having trouble with mobs veteran-level or lower, you probably don’t have enough DPS and need to get more. Since you’re already in full zerker you probably just need to optimize your skill rotation and/or traits better.

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Varulv.6943

What exactly is killing you? You should be able to one-shot anything Vet level or lower and Champs are going to give anyone grief regardless of their gear spec, unless you literally spec full-regen no-damage TVH gear and just AFK-auto-attack champs for two hours each.

Example would be the two Veteran Inquest Assassins you have to solo mid way into Fallen Hopes, or just most of the fights in Fallen Hopes. It was basically throwing myself against them, dieing 3 or 4 times, till hey finally died. However it must have been my build as I have been trying out these ones suggested here and the dieing has stopped. I’m not one shotting anything but I’m not dieing either so I call it a win.

LFSoloPvE Build

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Example would be the two Veteran Inquest Assassins you have to solo mid way into Fallen Hopes, or just most of the fights in Fallen Hopes. It was basically throwing myself against them, dieing 3 or 4 times, till hey finally died. However it must have been my build as I have been trying out these ones suggested here and the dieing has stopped. I’m not one shotting anything but I’m not dieing either so I call it a win.

i killed them np in full glass gear, make sure youre using your blinds because thats some of the strongest cc we have as engi in pve. hold them in smoke bomb and/or throw nades 3 and that should make them much easier. its not black powder level of triviality, but its pretty close.

the inquest grenadiers are much more annoying imo cuz of the chills and … i always seem to be crippled fighting inquest, even if they arent vets. that irks me.

or also, bring a friend.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions