"Leaked" Engie Spec

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

So, while we don’t have too much to speculate, we at least have a beautiful image and a, in my opinion, very cool name to begin with.

Lets make some air castles about the Holosmith.
I supose they will take some hints from Scarlet and Elli work!

PS: The leak contains quite a bunch of spoilers, and has made its way to Massively.
It seems really legit to me, and really beautiful.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Holograms? I’m calling it, new class utlity will be third set of utterly worthless AI.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

The leaks do seem to be real. Way too elaborate too be just to fool with people.

There are quite some conclusions you can draw from the pictures and – of course – speculations you could make. But I really don’t want to be infracted for stuff like that.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

Holograms? I’m calling it, new class utlity will be third set of utterly worthless AI.

That’s my fear, too. I hope they instead make it more like armors, barriers, limb extensions and the like.

Hawks

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Beethoven.8194

Beethoven.8194

Well i like the name,
but i was hoping for a total different weapon, i think it doesnt fit an engineer very well.
We will see

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

Is it a sword? It looked like a sword or a dagger to me, but I’m not sure.

Hawks

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Sindre.6928

Sindre.6928

hmm i wonder how it is going to work,- They should call it holomancer in stead

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So the images and leaks you stated are removed…..

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Is it time to bump that huge ‘please no more AI’ thread we had before HoT came out?

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

The image background looked like a short sword or dagger, but the icon on the unlocks wheel was definitely a sword.

Curious to see more, but I guess we’ll have to wait.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Xaylin.1860

Is it time to bump that huge ‘please no more AI’ thread we had before HoT came out?

I don’t think so. The utility icons quite clearly show something different.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

- It’s sword.

- Doesn’t seems to be AI, just judging by the icons. Looks more like light focused with barrier and direct attacks (That big laser beam of the elite utility)

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

God kitten it. It’s going to be a main-hand sword… I was really hoping they would go all bonkers with a main-hand shield so dual-wielding Shooshadoo would be possible.

Holosmith sounds kinda neat, though.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Xaylin.1860

If I had to guess, I’d say Traps. Because Glamours and Consecratons are magical.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadow Bane.9362

Shadow Bane.9362

My bet is on conjures lets not forget the “smith” part. Instead of kits we get holo conjures with different utilitarian themes for each. Either we’re summoning holo off hands or complete weapons no way to know at this point. Could potentially be things like holo cannons or other siege-like weapons but I doubt it.

Also given the light splitting/focus theme of the icons I wouldn’t be surprised if the sword ends up having beam attacks and isn’t melee.

(edited by Shadow Bane.9362)

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

Holosmith sounds better to me than Holomancer because it sounds less arcane, more techie. More techie is more engie!

Hawks

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Xaylin.1860

Hm. Wouldn’t those icons look more like devices or weapons then? I personally consider Conjures being too close to Kits for them being an interesting addition to the class.

The Sword better not be ranged. We got Pistols, Rifles, Elixir Gun, Grenades and Mortar.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Dropping engi if it’s another AI spec. :/

Maybe…

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

To be worse based on Leakozaurus (guy who posted Ele and Guard skillbars) Holosmith isn’t even close to be completed. Previous itaration of Engineer’s elite spec was scrapped few weeks ago (doesn’t this sound like Scrapper, and his heat and fuel mechanics?). Holosmith is still owrk in progress.

Previous engineer spec used Mech/Golem which you could pilot

Trust me. I’m engineer

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

coro.3176

Whaaat? That would have been so much better. Not saying the holo-stuff isn’t cool, but.. mech-suit!

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

If it a sword elite spec I can see Bolt being used a lot more now.

Bolt always had the Engineer sword look to it.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I would have liked Axe or Mace, but I guess 2 other specs get Axe and Mace is too similar to Scrapper’s hammer.

I really doubt the skills are AI. If I had to guess, they could be like Warrior’s banners, you summon holographic strictures (think WvW crafting stations), which could offer buffs to allies in the area, or maybe you could interact with them to get an effect.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

As someone mentioned, they look like the new type of utilities are traps.

I spoke with my guild about it, and we did tought these woudl be a type of traps that triggers boons/healing or any type of new support ability.

These ones will be traps oriented on defense and support.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

From what we see in the Images I do not think it is a AI type Elite Spec.

From what it looks like we are using Holo to create what I like to call Holo-plates which are holographic plates that we see already in the game often use as platforms.

We may be using these Holo-plates to create lasers by using the hol-plates to amplify the laser intensity and to create shields around ourselves for protection. Along with fields to trap enemies for a Arena fight.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

If it’s a sword, that also means they will have to work on the shield to make it more viable. Or make the pistol offhand work with the sword.

Which… I don’t expect them to do.

Also: Omni-tool from Mass Effect, anyone?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

RabbitUp.8294

As someone mentioned, they look like the new type of utilities are traps.

I spoke with my guild about it, and we did tought these woudl be a type of traps that triggers boons/healing or any type of new support ability.

These ones will be traps oriented on defense and support.

DH already uses holo traps, though.

However, they could be traps like the Ranger Healing Spring, so that they are triggered by allies.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

That’s my fear, too. I hope they instead make it more like armors, barriers, limb extensions and the like.

Based on the skill icons, my impression is that this is basically their take on magitech/technomancy. Conjuring barriers, flying blades, energy blasts etc.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Can we get a free holodancer with our holosmiths?

In my crazy mind, I want to believe that ultimate is a teleporter pad beaming your mates out. Then in addition to the expansion, Anet announces they will fix turrets by allowing you to erect a single sentry that you can upgrade with your wrench. To complete the meta, Anet bestows upon us a new “Yippee ki yaa he yay kyaaah kayo!” emote to complete the profession.

10/10, would buy the expansion twice.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

Please tell me, you’re kidding. I made up my own elite spec GOLEMANCER and sent it to one of the devs as a suggestion a year ago. It used golem suit.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

leviathan.2148

Whatever the spec will be, I just hope that engi will finally get the mechanics that will change its playstyle. Although that talk about the original design being scrapped just now seems too similar to the previous situation that gave us Scrapper. This worries me.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

To be worse based on Leakozaurus (guy who posted Ele and Guard skillbars) Holosmith isn’t even close to be completed. Previous itaration of Engineer’s elite spec was scrapped few weeks ago (doesn’t this sound like Scrapper, and his heat and fuel mechanics?). Holosmith is still owrk in progress.

Oh, boy, NOT AGAIN!

Hawks

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

RabbitUp.8294

Relax, the expansion is at least 6 months away, this is not HoT when they hadn’t even started working on them when the trailer dropped.

And the leaker didn’t say that holosmith is just what they scrapped together in a couple of weeks, like its implied here, he said that engi and ele are still being worked on, while the rest are more or less finished.

Scrapper was hardly the only spec that was reworked anyway, Tempest had a weapon change even, and it still turned out to be great. The problem with scrapper was that it was designed for pvp, ignoring pve.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

LOL its the legendary medium armor turns into a trenchcoat joke- “engi edition”

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Can we get a free holodancer with our holosmiths?

In my crazy mind, I want to believe that ultimate is a teleporter pad beaming your mates out. Then in addition to the expansion, Anet announces they will fix turrets by allowing you to erect a single sentry that you can upgrade with your wrench. To complete the meta, Anet bestows upon us a new “Yippee ki yaa he yay kyaaah kayo!” emote to complete the profession.

10/10, would buy the expansion twice.

Also include a nope.avi animation, and we’re golden.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

From what was leaked, I think we may be getting something similar to conjured weapons. I just wonder how they will differ from the ele ones.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Whelp.. holo stuff.. this calls for an asuran engi. Ill prepare one just in case but i certainly will NOT make a legendary beforehand like i did with the juggernaut. Please let this one be good unlike its pvp addicted kittened brother

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Zipper.6071

Zipper.6071

I have never posted on these forums nor hardly any forums in my life. Please, if anyone at arenanet reads this; change it back to a mech pilot spec before it’s too late. Consider it my dying wish.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Ardid.7203

I’m sure Golemancer will make it eventually. Just not yet. And I think (I HOPE) the Holosmith could give them more room to maneuver, balance and fix things.

Hawks

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Whatever the spec will be, I just hope that engi will finally get the mechanics that will change its playstyle. Although that talk about the original design being scrapped just now seems too similar to the previous situation that gave us Scrapper. This worries me.

Me too. The scrapper basically doesn’t even have an elite specialization function, because they tossed the previous one. It’s hardly stronger than a normal specialization, and just as boring.
The worst part is, I kittening love the hammer. And even if they do give us a proper elite specialization, I’ll have to give up the hammer to use it. I don’t think I’m willing to do that, which means regardless of what they do with the new specialization, I’m stuck with this half-kittened thing they’ll never improve.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

Honestly I hope this Elite Spec can also use their Holo ability to provide both melee and range combat skills for all Engineer Primary Weapons.

The concept of this leak Elite Spec seems to follow the use of Holos for direct combat focusing more on direct attack abilities and as we learn in GW2 Holos can be used to turn even a melee weapon into a Range weapon and a Range weapon into a melee weapon if the right Holo projection is created.

As for how this Elite Spec may function from the skill images we see in the leak it may be using Traps created from Holoprojections and create Holographic Shields for range and melee protection. One of the skills looks like a Arena trap where it traps enemies in a protective wall preventing any other enemy from getting in or out.

It looks like a get close range and trap the enemies with the Engineer type Elite Spec for a more “I’m not trapped with you! You’re trapped with me!” feeling combat style.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

coro.3176

Elite spec mechanic: Holo Dancer.

Press ‘F’ to summon a Holo Dancer that will /dance at your target’s location.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Yeah it’s pretty much confirmed info about Mech/Golemancer (not joking).
However… I’m kinda happy they went other way. Mechomancer/Golemancer would be same story like Scrapper – tanky brusier which doesn’t bring anything to team.

While Holomancer can be viable support (based on healing icon in his master mirror trait), which engineer lacks. Nowadays engineer (like Necro and Thief) can’t be support, they can be Power, Condi, Tank(not thief :P) but they lack supportability. With holomancer being as succesfull as chrono/druid in PvE I would be happiest engie in da world

Anyay still waiting for Function Gyro rework, it’s terrible outside of sPvP!

Trust me. I’m engineer

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this and I hope that the image is just flipped in some way but the Sword is being held in the off-hand :/

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Akeno.4962

Akeno.4962

Well, according to the leaks necro’s torch goes in main hand, but that’s quite difficult to believe. So maybe they’ve taken the artistic license of drawing left-handed characters.

On the other hand, offhand sword is quite utility and defence related (revs, mesmers and warriors have a block) and to me the spec is related to support or healing (tanking would be another option, but scrapper is quite tanky in its design ) so it would somewhat have sense.

Personally, I prefer mainhand sword because if it were offhand it would be tied to mainhand pistol and it is quite condition related and because of finding a use for shield.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

leviathan.2148

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this and I hope that the image is just flipped in some way but the Sword is being held in the off-hand :/

That would be weird decision IMO. We have 2 offhands but only one condi main hand weapon. IMO it’s quite logical to expect some power based main hand that would complement shield that’s currently not used anywhere.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

That what i’m afraid of it, if it will be off-hand, it will have some power-creep support abilities that we didnt had before, otherwise, as i said in reddit, its doomed against the damage supremacy of pistol-offhand, no sinergy with pistol if it deals power damage, and it would have to be a big power creep if it tries to compete in condi damage.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

That what i’m afraid of it, if it will be off-hand, it will have some power-creep support abilities that we didnt had before, otherwise, as i said in reddit, its doomed against the damage supremacy of pistol-offhand, no sinergy with pistol if it deals power damage, and it would have to be a big power creep if it tries to compete in condi damage.

You’re assuming the only option is a off-hand weapon that is far more overpowered than Pistol.

Ever considered they may make it more equal of power in condition damage to rival the pistol.

Or maybe

We are getting both Off-hand and Main Hand Sword weapons but we only see one hand because of the art design position and the full art design released later in the main website reveal shows both hands having swords.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

Sooo hoping for duel swords

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

coro.3176

• Mainhand sword, power – would need to have 3 really OP/powercreeped skills to compete with hammer for melee power damage because hammer 4,5 > shield 4,5.
  • Mainhand sword, condi – still allows offhand pistol. would probably be overall top damage because melee tends to be more dps than range.
  • Offhand sword, power – awkward hybrid build with mh pistol.
  • Offhand sword, condi – competes with oh pistol. As mentioned, it’d have to have insane damage or utility to be chosen over p.

My guess would be main hand power, but that it will still be worse than hammer.

"Leaked" Engie Spec

in Engineer

EdwinLi.1284

• Mainhand sword, power – would need to have 3 really OP/powercreeped skills to compete with hammer for melee power damage because hammer 4,5 > shield 4,5.
  • Mainhand sword, condi – still allows offhand pistol. would probably be overall top damage because melee tends to be more dps than range.
  • Offhand sword, power – awkward hybrid build with mh pistol.
  • Offhand sword, condi – competes with oh pistol. As mentioned, it’d have to have insane damage or utility to be chosen over p.

My guess would be main hand power, but that it will still be worse than hammer.

Sword main hand may be Range as one possibility because we are using Holographic images to cause physical harm which would allow Sword to create holographic slash waves for range attacks or use sword as a type of laser beam conduit using Holographic plates to charge the sword to create these things.